It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Little girl does respect routine hilarious .

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse

originally posted by: Woodcarver

originally posted by: Nyiah
Christ on a pogo stick, the pearl-clutchers are what's wrong with the country, not people letting kids dance to a good beat. I grew up listening to the oldies station, do you have any idea how long it took me to get the drift with the undertones of a lot of songs? Still figuring those out now. I used to boogie to Respect, go ahead & complain.

While you're at it, writhe in agony over this baby's exploitation of boogying to a good beat from a sexualized vid, too.

Get some stones, people. Not everything is the damn boogieman.

I listen to the oldies too. I have much respect for Aretha and Beyonce. I am far from a pearl clutcher. I grew up on pantera, acid bath, and slayer, as well as motown, blues, rock, outlaw country, hardcore gangster rap, and yes even some good ole gospel. I like music. I have no problem with dancing. I can even play and sing over 1000 songs on guitar, bass, and keys. It is not the music that i don't agree with. I even said, in my first post that the OP's video was not overly sexual. I said the girl had talent. I have spent most of this thread defending the odd claims about me from Greathouse.

Yet you feel the motivation behind this video is sexist ?

Never mind I just read your last sentence . Remember You jumped on this thread claiming my video was sexist and somehow in your mind you turned it into me attacking you ?????

Take this quote to heart .

" you're not in denial, you are just selective about the reality you except "
I didn't say this song was "sexist". I said it is a song about having sex. Why do i have to correct every one of your posts? Will you at least agree that the song is about having sex?
edit on 11-6-2015 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   
lol

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse

Christ on a pogo stick, the pearl-clutchers are what's wrong with the country, not people letting kids dance to a good beat. I grew up listening to the oldies station, do you have any idea how long it took me to get the drift with the undertones of a lot of songs? Still figuring those out now. I used to boogie to Respect, go ahead & complain.

While you're at it, writhe in agony over this baby's exploitation of boogying to a good beat from a sexualized vid, too.

Get some stones, people. Not everything is the damn boogieman.

I listen to the oldies too. I have much respect for Aretha and Beyonce. I am far from a pearl clutcher. I grew up on pantera, acid bath, and slayer, as well as motown, blues, rock, outlaw country, hardcore gangster rap, and yes even some good ole gospel. I like music. I have no problem with dancing. I can even play and sing over 1000 songs on guitar, bass, and keys. It is not the music that i don't agree with. I even said, in my first post that the OP's video was not overly sexual. I said the girl had talent. I have spent most of this thread defending the odd claims about me from Greathouse.

Yet you feel the motivation behind this video is sexist ?

Never mind I just read your last sentence . Remember You jumped on this thread claiming my video was sexist and somehow in your mind you turned it into me attacking you ?????

Take this quote to heart .

" you're not in denial, you are just selective about the reality you except "
I didn't say this song was "sexist". I said it is a song about having sex. Why do i have to correct every one of your posts? Will you at least agree that the song is about having sex?

You're starting to sound like a parrot . I'm pretty much done with you my point has been addressed . Oh and before I forget take this with you ..............

Potato!!! .

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

Honestly, I don't think that the song is about sex as much as it is about getting the right attitude, some RESPECT. That little girl was all about attitude, and not about sexing it up. She wasn't playing the sexy siren, she was "standing her ground", big time!
edit on 11-6-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Honestly, I don't think that the song is about sex as much as it is about getting the right attitude, some RESPECT. That little girl was all about attitude, and not about sexing it up. She wasn't playing the sexy siren, she was "standing her ground", big time!

That was well said thank you !

As I addressed earlier in this thread. Songs are art they're open to interpretation . One verse in the song can have more meaning to me than the entire song .

I believe I am not alone in this philosophy .

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword
She wasn't playing the sexy siren, she was "standing her ground", big time!

And stand her ground she did! She's got what it takes to be a dancer if she wants to, most people work for years to move as fluidly & on cue as she does. R-E-S-P-E-C-T the kiddo, she earned it.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   

While we're at it trying to mudsling over music, let's get something straight. Modern music isn't crap because of it's lyric content, it's crap because it's crap all around. We have oodles of talentless schlups churning out cookie cutter music. THAT is what music has become.

Previous generations, however, have just as inappropriate lyrics, if not more so.
7 Songs From Your Grandpa's Day That Would Make Eminem Blush

The Creepiest Oldies Lyrics of All Time

There's plenty out there with a simple google if you'd care to look it up. Otherwise, just fold & admit music was never squeaky clean.
My argument is not against the music itself. I have a wide range of musical interests. It is against allowing children to listen to music with themes that are introducing them to adult situations.

Your links take you to a list of old songs with extremely graphic lyrics like

Lucille Bogans song about #ing corpses
And
King soloman Hill's song about the devil raping women.

And then comparing them to modern eminem songs.

None of which would be appropriate for children so i'm not sure why you even brought that to this convo. Wtf?

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 01:34 AM
link   

My argument is not against the music itself. I have a wide range of musical interests. It is against allowing children to listen to music with themes that are introducing them to adult situations.

The part you don't get is your opinion is a narrowminded view in comparison with the rest of the world .

I remember when I was young. They had a wax candy in the 60s shaped like a hypodermic needle it was called hippie sippers .

Whether you believe it or not I never grew up addicted to heroin and a hypodermic needle . The most outlandish thing I see about your opinion is you think all kids are stupid .

When you review my post your best bet would be start with the man in the mirror before you say another word .
edit on 11-6-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-6-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse
Hippie sippers? I never heard of those. Must have been before my time-not to make you feel old or anything. I remember the wax bottle candy. Those were good.
Also, I grew up watching horror movies, often very violent and bloody ones. It didn't turn me into an ax murderer or anything.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join