It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You know what they always say: One man's Messiah is another's Dajjal.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
A few days ago, I came across a thread about the Quran. Eventually the discussion developed into whether or not the Quran and the Bible compliment each other as one single codex. Some seemed to believe so, while others seem to believe that the Quran was given to correct the perceived errors of the New Testament. Whatever you believe the case to be, this thread was created to show how Islamic prophecy and Bible prophecy (both OT and NT) are basically water and oil. They simply do not mix.

Let's start with some Islamic eschatology first. In the end times, many Muslims will be expecting the arrival and revelation of the Mahdi. This man is to be sent by Allah as the Redeemer of the True Faith (some form of Islam). The role of the Mahdi is to teach mankind how to worship and honor Allah, and he will do so as the world leader for 7 years (some interpret 9 or 19 years).

To aid the Mahdi in his holy mission, the prophet Isa will be sent to direct the public eye to the Mahdi and his message. For those who don't know, Isa is supposed to be Jesus, the son of Mary.

Finally, once the ministry of Allah's two witnesses (the Mahdi and Isa) is finished, the Dajjal (who is the deciever/antichrist) will return. It is said that the Mahdi and his army will be waiting to destroy the Dajjal when he returns.

So lets recap:

1)Mahdi- Redeemer of the true Islamic faith
2)Isa- The prophet of Allah and aid of the Mahdi
3)Dajjal- The deciever who will violently lead people astray.

Now to a student of Bible prophecy, this should all seem eerily reminiscent. Let's take a closer look at the Biblical perspective.

In the end times, there will come a 7 year period of Tribulation called the 70th Week. Within the first year, there will arise a man who will be given full dominion over the earth, known as the Beast. The Bible teaches that he will come with flattery and proud words to attract the masses to his message. He will claim to be the Redeemer of man kind and reveal a lost faith that is supposed to bring world peace.

To help coax attention from the public eye, another Beast called the False Prophet will come and glorify the first Beast as the Redeemer. The False Prophet is described symbolically as having two horns "like a lamb of God". Since Jesus was called The Lamb of God, it wouldn't be a stretch to say, the False Prophet will claim to be Jesus or Isa.

This is where the trap is sprung. When the world and Islam has become comfortable with the Beast and his False Prophet, 3.5 years into the Tribulation, the Beast will sit in the rebuilt Jerusalem Temple and claim to be God. The False Prophet will erect an image of the Beast inside the Temple (perhaps carved from the Islamic black stone in the Dome of the Rock), and the Beast will breathe life into it. The False Prophet will then direct worship to the Beast and his living Image, and those who worship him will be given a brand on the skin called the Mark of the Beast. Those who do not worship the Beast or his image will be killed if caught.

Finally, at the end of the 7 years, the Beast and his armies will wait for the Return of the real Jesus Christ, and try to destroy Him, but they will fail. When Jesus comes, He will take the Beast and False Prophet and open up a brand new chamber in Hell called the Lake of Fire and throw them in it. Then Jesus will rule for 1,000 years as King of kings and Lord of lords.

Now lets to a recap:
1)The Beast- the deciever of man
2)The False Prophet- the servant of the Beast
3)The Jesus Christ- the Savior of mankind.

With all this in mind, the reader should easily understand based on literary principle that the Mahdi is the Beast, the Prophet Isa is the False Prophet posing as Jesus, and the Daggal is the Returning Jesus Christ.

Never have I seen a religion so carefully crafted to be Antichrist.

edit on 9-6-2015 by BELIEVERpriest because: typos

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
They could also be these 2 guys:

Revelation 11:3-8
3 And I will appoint my two witnesses, and they will prophesy for 1,260 days, clothed in sackcloth.” 4 They are “the two olive trees” and the two lampstands, and “they stand before the Lord of the earth.”[a] 5 If anyone tries to harm them, fire comes from their mouths and devours their enemies. This is how anyone who wants to harm them must die. 6 They have power to shut up the heavens so that it will not rain during the time they are prophesying; and they have power to turn the waters into blood and to strike the earth with every kind of plague as often as they want. 7 Now when they have finished their testimony, the beast that comes up from the Abyss will attack them, and overpower and kill them. 8 Their bodies will lie in the public square of the great city—which is figuratively called Sodom and Egypt—where also their Lord was crucified.

But that is open to any speculation.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
This is a good vid on the subject and has some very telling answers to what may be going on .

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

What I find most disturbing is that many Islamic imterpretations of prophecy including those held by ISIS believe that the Mahdi is already here and will be revealed in 2016.

Long before ISIS ever came into the public eye, I held the belief that the Beast would rise to power on Oct 21st or 22nd of 2016. If this does come to pass, then the whole time, the Beast/Mahdi has been here for thousands of years waiting to be released Rev 9:11.

Islam, behold your Mahdi...he is Abaddon.

Why Abaddon?www.abovetopsecret.com...

Why 2016?www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 9-6-2015 by BELIEVERpriest because: typos

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Abednego

I'm playing with the idea that the Beast and False Prophet are Satan's two witnesses, or the false witnesses. So, that could make the Mahdi and his prophet the witnesses of Allah.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I get your idea. But also in reading about the two witnesses I quoted, it make you think;
Why people send from "god" needs to spit fire and kill their enemies in order for people to listen to their message?
God is love, at least that is what religion teach. But that sounds like a fearful god.

If I want to worshipped this god, I want to do it on my own will, not by fear.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
The Mahdi appeared already in 1930. There is actually nothing left to be fulfilled except for the lost sheep returning home and that refers to black people in America. The event that's supposed to take place at mt.Hermon with the 144000, that refers to blackpeople of America . The destruction of ancient Babylon that refers to America it self after the wicked are destoryed by those four hoursemen, those represent governments then the kingdom will be established.
edit on 9-6-2015 by WatchingY0u because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-6-2015 by WatchingY0u because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

To be honest with you, I didnt know there was a "Mahdi=Antichrist" theory out there. I just came up with this thread after a Muslim friend of mine taught me some eschatology from the Quran and Hadith.

Anyways, I don't have a strong enough signal to watch the video. Could you provide a few points from it?

I do believe the Beast is Assyro-Babylonian, and that the False Prophet is probably Roman or Roman Catholic. The False Prophet can't just cater to Islam, he has a world of cultures to decieve.

An Assyro-Babylonian Beast (Nimrod) would be perfect for Islam since Nimrod established Ba'al worship and Allah is a recycled version of Ba'al. Either way, Nineveh is Mystery Babylon per Zeph 2:12-15, so the Beast does have strong Assyro-Babylonian ties.
edit on 9-6-2015 by BELIEVERpriest because: typo

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: WatchingY0u

The destruction of ancient Babylon that refers to America it self after the wicked are destoryed by those four hoursemen is kingdom will be established.
Peter may have put Mystery Babylon as Jerusalem where Jesus said they had killed all the prophets so New York or Rome for that matter is not capable of being .

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   

This is no small subject and there are many dots to connect .

Exposing Pseudo-Christian Cults www.spiritual-research-network.com... and the history is a subject that can best be understood using Earnest Martin's book The people History Forgot www.askelm.com... It is in audio and text . Gnosticism plays a roll in this and there is good archaeological evidence from Israel going back to the first /second centuries .What Chris White shows in the vid I posted is that Islamic end time writings are ripped off of early pseudo Christian writings from Syria and Palestine .The same place where they have found Synagogues that were not orthodox Jewish Synagogues . Think Simon the Sorcerer or Simon the Magician, in Latin Simon Magus who shows up in the book of acts .

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Mystery Babylon is Nineveh.

Look here

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Actually two of those horsemen already out. The white hores is symbolic for the caucasian people and their rule and the red horse been out since WW1. The black horse symbolism for the time when black people rule and pale horse cleans up any enemy of the black horse and rider. The Mahdi taught me this, he is actually the Jesus Christ that returned. You know it says satan or the devil went out to deceive the whole world that's why the majority of people are caught up in his deceiving. That's why the truth is hard for people to know.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

Let's start with some Islamic eschatology first. In the end times, many Muslims will be expecting the arrival and revelation of the Mahdi. This man is to be sent by Allah as the Redeemer of the True Faith (some form of Islam). The role of the Mahdi is to teach mankind how to worship and honor Allah, and he will do so as the world leader for 7 years (some interpret 9 or 19 years).

To aid the Mahdi in his holy mission, the prophet Isa will be sent to direct the public eye to the Mahdi and his message. For those who don't know, Isa is supposed to be Jesus, the son of Mary.

Finally, once the ministry of Allah's two witnesses (the Mahdi and Isa) is finished, the Dajjal (who is the deciever/antichrist) will return. It is said that the Mahdi and his army will be waiting to destroy the Dajjal when he returns.

The Mahdi will not come to reveal anything. Like Yahya/John who prepared the children of Israel to the first arrival of the Messiah, the Mahdi will prepare the mankind for the return of the Messiah. Yahya/John was there to confirm who was the Messiah when the Messiah came so there was no confusion or argument about it. Same story here. The Mahdi will confirm to people who the Messiah is so there won't be any argument about.

The Mahdi will not come to teach people how to pray. That was already done by the last Prophet, Muhammad(PBUH).
The Mahdi will not add anything to the religion nor make any adjustments. He will get rid off all the sects that exist today in Islam as well as Bidah(innovation) and unite all Muslims.

Prophet Jesus/Isa will NOT be sent to direct the public eye to the Mahdi. Prophet Isa will fight the anti-christ/Dajjal and kill him with his sword. Dajjal/anti-christ will cease to exist. He will have the blood of Dajjal/anti-christ on his sword and raise it. The same Dajjal/antichrist who claimed to be God and the son of Mary. His followers will realize that the he was a fake and they will then accept the real Messiah and Islam.

By the time Prophet Jesus/Isa descends into this world, he will take the spot light, bring forth the original bible, original torah, the staff of Prophet Musa/Moses and the seal of prophet Sulayman/Solomon as evidence against the Jews and Christians to clear up the the mess and misconceptions about him being the son of God.

Prophet Jesus/Isa will confirm that Islam is the only true religion sent down by God and will rule the world for a couple of years.
When Yajuj wa Majuj/Gog & Magog are released, prophet Isa/Jesus with his followers will climb Mount Sinai. By that time the Mahdi would have already passed away. Gog & Magog will be wiped out by a plague and their bodies will be cleaned up by floods. All believers will pass away peacefully from something that will feel like a cold breeze. From this point, the disbelievers who were shown all the evidence and signs will be left on this planet. They will live to see the world they loved and chased, come to and end.
The trumpet will be blown and there will be no life left and all the seven universes will contract and fold like scrolls.

Correction. I confused the name of Yahya/John with Zakaria.
edit on 9-6-2015 by Boeing777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   

I'll have to find some time to see the video, it sounds interesting. I can definitely see that Islamic eschatology was probably ripped off from Christian literature, as Islamic prophecy seems to be a categorical refutation of Bible prophecy. The same seems to be true of the Quran: Isaac vs Ishmael, the death of Christ vs the illusion of death, the list goes on and on. That's what I tried to show in this thread.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   

You don't understand Revelation. The message to the seven chuches shows Christ handing over the kingdom to a disciple. The deciple is the Mahdi, the one who has ears to hear, who overcomes the churches.

Read the message to the seven churches, focusing on he who has ears to hear. It is clear Christ gives the kingdom to a disciple before his return. The Mahdi is the one who will interpret.

The Mahdi is similar to John the Baptist, he will proclaim the truth although he will not be the truth. The messiah: is the truth.

The Koran and Bible agree, you simply misunderstand revelation.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Boeing777

What does Messiah mean to you. In Christianity, Jesus is the anointed one to pay for our sins. In Islam, Isa is supposed to be anointed, but for what purpose? To kill the Dajjal? To be Allah's prophet? On what grounds is he called Messiah.

I was told the Mahdi was to unify Islam. How will he do that without revealing the way that was forgotten or lost in sectarianism?

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

The Mahdi will reveal the interpretation to the scriptures so that man will see that they agree.

Gog and Magog is a long, long time after,the Revelation of Jesus Christ, who is the son of God.

The Koran does not say Jesus is not the son of God. The Koran says that Jesus was not begotten, through sexual intercourse, and Jesus is not equal to God.

Thier is not one verse in the Koran that says Jesus is not the son of God.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   

And the Mahdi will unite all of mankind in Islam.

Since Islam is not a religion but a word. A word that means surrender, your will to God.

Everyone who has surrender to God, Brotherly Love, and who actually follow the path of Jesus Christ are ISLAM.

You are one who is part of Islam.

You are one who has surrendered your will to God.

I slam is not a religion, its a word. Arrogant and self righteous people turned Islam into a religion.

Mohammed did not leave the world with a religion. He left people with the call to Surrender/Islam to God's righteousness.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

The one with ears to hear is any individual who can hear and understand the truth. If Jesus meant the Mahdi, He would have been more clear about the Mahdi's arrival.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   

What does Messiah mean to you. In Christianity, Jesus is the anointed one to pay for our sins. In Islam, Isa is supposed to be anointed, but for what purpose? To kill the Dajjal? To be Allah's prophet? On what grounds is he called Messiah.

The word messiah is an anglicized form of the Hebrew word, moshiach. Its root word, mashach, is found about 140 times in the Old Testament, and means “to smear, anoint, or spread.”

Mashach in Hebrew or masaha (literally to rub, to massage) in Arabic, has the meaning of anointing someone in a religious ceremony by putting holy water or oil on them. Priests and kings were anointed when being consecrated to their offices. Prophets were anointed by God in the sense that they were specially chosen by God for a specific religious mission.

In fact, the Bible is replete with “anointed” ones. Although, every prophet of God is an anointed one of God, the title Messiah or its translation “Christ” is exclusively reserved for Jesus the son of Mary (`Isa ibn Maryam) in both Islam and in Christianity. This is not unusual in religion.

There are certain other titles that can be applied to more than one prophet, yet are specifically used for only one prophet, like Rasul Allah, meaning “Messenger of God.” This title is applied to both Moses (19:51) and Jesus (61:6) in the Qur’an, yet Rasul Allah among Muslims stands for Muhammad, (peace and blessings be upon him). Indeed, associating certain titles with certain personages does not make them unique on that score. In olden days, priests and kings were anointed as part of the consecration ceremony.

We may say that the title Messiah stands for any one who has been chosen by God for a significant mission. In Judaism that mission was crucial to them, namely the restoration of the line of King David—or the establishment of the Law of God on earth. Christians, on the other hand, give a new meaning to the title “The Messiah” in relation to the concept of the atonement of the Original Sin by the Son of God. To them, the Messiah is a savior who suffered and died to save sinful Man from eternal punishment in Hell.

On the one hand, Muslims accept the Jewish belief that there were prophecies about the coming of the Messiah. On the other hand, they accept the Christian claim that Jesus of Nazareth, son of Mary, was the expected Messiah, though the Jews reject this. It is also worthy of mention that Muslims deny the Christian belief that Jesus was the Son of God, who was to be crucified to atone for Man’s Original Sin.

I was told the Mahdi was to unify Islam. How will he do that without revealing the way that was forgotten or lost in sectarianism?

At the moment, the Mahdi is just a random dude. I will not be religious prior to becoming the Mahdi. God/Allah will prepare him in one night, literally becoming religious overnight. He'll flee to Makkah during a time of civil war in Hejaz( modern day western Saudi Arabia). God/Allah will guide him to unite all Muslims, denounce all bidah/innovations.
edit on 9-6-2015 by Boeing777 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join