It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peter Joseph: Zeitgeist Movement Founder Goes Off the Grid

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Zeitgeist founder, Peter Joseph, joins me to discuss the concept of a resource-based economy. With all of Earth’s resources in decline, it is time to scientifically manage the ones we have left. In this brand new episode of Off the Grid, Peter Joseph talks about the benefits of moving away from a market economy toward one that is based on resource management.

According to his model, crime rates would go down across the globe while personal happiness would go up. Do you think Peter is on to something?

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Aaa politics, if i was a better Actor id also do this!

So anyones guesswhy hes off the grid?

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: JesseVentura

"According to his model, crime rates would go down across the globe while personal happiness would go up. Do you think Peter is on to something?"

It is called Utopia.

Think Logan's Run en.wikipedia.org...

In the year 2274, the remnants of human civilization live in a sealed domed city, a utopia run by a computer that takes care of all aspects of their life, including reproduction. The citizens live a hedonistic life but, to maintain the city, everyone must undergo the ritual of "Carrousel" [sic] when they reach the age of 30.[9] There, they are vaporized and ostensibly "renewed". To track this, they are implanted at birth with a "life-clock" crystal in the palm of their hand that changes color as they approach their "Last Day." Most residents accept this promise of rebirth, but those who do not are known as "Runners" and "Sandmen" are assigned to pursue and terminate them.

Yes, crime rates would go down across the globe
while personal happiness would go up.

Wonderful.

...but there are always unintended consequences
to any central authority---chiefly the loss of liberty.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   
From my experience, people want a hierarchical system. Some people want to be above the class below them so they can look down on them and feed them their stories about hard work, entitlements welfare queens, pulling yourself up by your bootstraps blah blah blah. It's part of the Protestant work ethic that is so ingrained in western cultures where one must work to live and have salvation from God. No wonder the chineses were envious of this belief, common in many sects of Christianity, but I doubt Peter Joseph's idea of a resource based economy will gain much traction in our current paradigm. The paradigm of endless growth and profit will eventually eat itself and we will all go with it one way or another. With a whimper or a bang

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
The energy based economy is nothing but a failure so why not try a resource based economy. A energy based economy puts way too much power in the hands of just a few people.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: wasaka

"According to his model, crime rates would go down across the globe while personal happiness would go up. Do you think Peter is on to something?"

It is called Utopia.

In the year 2274, the remnants of human civilization live in a sealed domed city, a utopia run by a computer that takes care of all aspects of their life, including reproduction. The citizens live a hedonistic life but, to maintain the city, everyone must undergo the ritual of "Carrousel" [sic] when they reach the age of 30.[9] There, they are vaporized and ostensibly "renewed". To track this, they are implanted at birth with a "life-clock" crystal in the palm of their hand that changes color as they approach their "Last Day." Most residents accept this promise of rebirth, but those who do not are known as "Runners" and "Sandmen" are assigned to pursue and terminate them.

Wonderful.

No think more like Star Trek. This sort of economy would lead to even more freedoms than we have or supposed to have now.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: wasaka

It is called Utopia.

Wonderful.

No think more like Star Trek. This sort of economy would lead to even more freedoms than we or supposed to have now.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   

With all of Earth’s resources in decline

I dont agree with that.
Food is only scarce where its being controlled!
Water NEVER dissapears, it gets recycled, but now it too is being controlled!
Metals are recycled. Wood is recycled and more grows to replace it, when its not beig controlled.
There's very few resources that are really in decline, the problem is they are being controlled by those who profit from the controll.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Wind, solar, and geothermal resources aren't declining. Water isn't really either. Drought in one location means flooding in another.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   
So he wants to create a technological utopia...

...by going "off-grid"?

Peter, are you off your meds again?

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
So he wants to create a technological utopia...

...by going "off-grid"?

Peter, are you off your meds again?

Maybe he's talking about mini grids? Small localised sytems. That way technological utopia is still possible.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I don't think he's ever stated anywhere he's looking to make a "utopia". A Utopia is impossible, you can only work towards it.

The "Off the grid" bit threw me too... until I remembered the name of the show! When I clicked on the thread I had visions of PJ in a log cabin hand pumping water...

Somehow I think this ties into the Ralph Nader post from a little earlier, in terms of how to work towards it.

edit on 9-6-2015 by gspat because: Added stuff

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: gspat
I don't think he's ever stated anywhere he's looking to make a "utopia". A Utopia is impossible, you can only work towards it.

Utopian thinking is exactly what Peter Joseph
is proposing. Think and work toward that goal.
As I point out, there are always unintended
consequences to a central planning model.

The Star Trek model is a "federation" which
allows for decentralized governments within
the so-called FED, and allows these "states"
to retain their autonomy. This is not what
is proposed by Peter Joseph. If it were,
then I would more supportive.

Federation: "an organization or group within
which smaller divisions have some degree
of internal autonomy."

Whereas a federation has a strong central government,
a confederation is more of an agreement between
separate bodies to cooperate with each other.

I favor the confederation model.

edit on 9-6-2015 by wasaka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   
The current social models of society and community work well in principal. The main issue is the greed of corporations and the easy corruption of the people at the top of the pyramid. From a small group of people living on a desert island to a country like China, human beings will always repeat the same failures and devour their habitat and strive to take power and more resources from their fellow man.
Going off grid is great on paper but to truly go off grid you need to have a community of people from security to doctors to labourers and the cycle will just repeat itself.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   
uh-huh: the dude is not trustworthy...

Zeitgeist, History Rewritten - Chris White
youtu.be...

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   
'scientifically manage resources'

A system based on infinite growth, on a finite planet cannot sustain itself, and will collapse. To delay this process, it is necessary for expansionary warfare over dwindling resources and the erosion of domestic liberties(to quell civil unrest). The end goal, is to create a Global Scientific Dictatorship. It's not necessarily a bad thing, the advent of destructive technology demands the dissolution of nations/religions/ideologies to ensure the survival of the human species. Every aspect of human activity will be monitored and controlled, those who are genetically inferior or non-productive/essential will be discarded.

Be warned however, billions of people will die during this transitional period, and nuclear war is a strong possibility.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   

As Peter says in the interview - one way or the other it's going to change, because the current model is unsustainable. The question is how painful that transition will turn out.

I'm not sure we have to eliminate a market based system altogether, but at the very least the phony fiat currency + fractional reserve portion has to go. Of course a lot of powerful people are making a lot of money from this Ponzi scheme today, so there's that...

It's gonna get worse before it gets better.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Remember the days when we / the Global Western World, were highly funded, forever constructing new Factories, new industries, new fields within the Stock market? They were the days when a 'Cold War' acted like a half Global wall that kept East and West seperated. In China - run by dominating Commies - the peasants did not know what Money was. Then in the late 60s early 70s the Western world financial advisers set out to slowly shut down all Western Factories, Industries etc. and gradually moved off to restart in China,Beijing,Thailand,Taiwen, India etc. Well today we are are slowly becoming the same as China and Russia were and they are about to become Global top-dogs in Finance plus employment. Give it 20 to 30 years and we will be the peasnt like crop that will give the new eastern investors a reason to return and start again this side of the world. AGENDA 21.........................Dream as you so wish, but no one can change things now, we were too slow to realise what was happening. Keep up your good work , love to hear your TV programmes Jesse

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   
The guy is right we should apply science to policies when ever feasable

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   

the dude is not trustworthy

Sure he's not, but billionaires who make billions of dollars by cheating, lying and killing are trustworthy?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join