It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

40% Of US Workers Now Earn Less Than 1968 Minimum Wage

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

The only solution to this enslavement, which is basically what it is, is to create world-wide trade unions for the workers so wherever a corporation thinks it can exploit its workers, we need an effective and coordinated effort to protect wages etc both at the worker and consumer side of corporations posits which we don't have at the moment. What we do have is slave labour in China that we could help by not buying certain corporation's/business's products were all peoples working together.

The money is there in the profits to be shared out more equally and its the percentages that need to be fairer. `Just the threat of world-wide unions might be enough to help what we do not have working for us today.

All the figures that tell the people about their country's inflation and cost of living are always deviant, because some essentials are left off deliberately and by demanding better statistics that reflect all the basic living costs we would get the true picture of how impoverished we are becoming, we certainly don't get them in the UK. Part-time work seems to exist purely for the employers to not pay certain benefits our unions fought for but have lost and also to help absorb our swollen work-force which is now top-heavy despite what we are told.
edit on 9-6-2015 by Shiloh7 because: pressed too quickly sorry

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell

a reply to: onequestion

Many states like California tax executive salaries at 50% or more, with the intention that these taxes would go to help pay for the education and social security of the poorest in the state. So the state couldn't afford to cap these salaries. With those high taxes. Attempts to raise taxes ever higher have just forced these workers and jobs out of the state.

Wow. I did not know that. How stupid is that????

I shouldn't be surprised. I was born and raised in Cali but eventually moved out of state for this kind of stupid stuff. The breaker for me was when they declared all pickups commercial vehicles, and the registration for my 20-year-old Chevy pickup jumped to over $200 (from about $25) with no notice. And this was back in the 80s!

<< 4  5  6   >>

join