It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello, Everything You Need To Know Beforehand

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Hello ladies, gentlemen and variations thereupon.

My name is Sam, I'm female (if my avatar isn't clear enough upon this), come from French Canada (yeah!; and that will help in explaining why my English isn't perfect), and I'm agnostic.

I have been checking out ATS often, found interesting threads in metaphysics and stuff like that, and finally decided to join to participate in those interesting threads, and, hopefully, putting out there some of my own theories.

I'm passionate about hope, compassion, understanding; and seeing all the facts, all the possibilities, before saying an absolute yes or no to a theory. Hence my signature, which is a very clever and adequate quote from one of the greatest character of literature, Sherlock Holmes.
Thus, I warn you that I may be passionate when members start to hate and show unkindness, or close their minds to other possibilities than the ones fed to them on a silver plate. There is so much options out there to solve every single problem, and so much more untold to all of us. One must keep the mind open, and create, if necessary, a new theory to suit the facts, not twist the facts to accommodate an existing theory.

And most of all: kindness, compassion, and hope. Very important. Not all humans think the same, and no citizens represent their governments, nor all religious people represent the actions of self-appointed leaders. One must understand one another, and seek a common ground. Hate and war will never solve anything; peace and understanding will.

And yes, that's contradictory with my avatar but it represent my reaction against war and hate.
And also, well, Alice is both cute and kind but also extremely badass when angry, so... if someone plans on attacking me without a viable reason, all I have to say to them is this: Don't... Just don't.

So, that basically sums me up, and to better sum myself up, I'll leave you with a couple of my favourite songs, some thoughtful, some against war and hate, some encouraging to be the change you want to see, and some purely because they are extremely cute.

Bye Bye! (blow kiss and slightly bow)

P.S.: The songs are two posts below. People answered before I finished.

edit on 6-6-2015 by Yavanna because: adding ps

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Yavanna Welcome Yavanna. Excellent, a Sherlock fan.

edit on 6-6-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Hello and welcome to you. Pleased to meet you I'm sure.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Holding This Rage - Lawrence Gowan

Just Be - Styx

Alegria - Cirque du Soleil

Victory - Lawrence Gowan

Circle of Life - Lion King

Show Me The Way - Styx

Fairytale - Enya

Bard Dance - Enya

edit on 6-6-2015 by Yavanna because: correcting youtube

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Thank you. And yep. Sherlock, Doctor Who, Tolkien, Isaac Asimov, Star Trek: TNG, 80s-90s music...

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: EnigmaAgent

Thank you, pleased to meet you too... I hope.

Just watch out... I think my avatar's gonna beat yours if we argue... Bigger guns.

edit on 6-6-2015 by Yavanna because: more details

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Yavanna

Welcome to ATS and I look forward to seeing you around! Sounds like you will make a good fit. And we can always use a warrior against hate and personal attacks around here!

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to: Yavanna

Hi there! Glad you made it here!

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Greetings sexy...

we are rigel4... resistance is futile.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Welcome Sam. I hope you enjoy ATS.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: spirit_horse

Thank you! (bow)

At your service.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

Kept my avatar secret until the big meeting.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: rigel4

Against me, nothing is futile.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I hope that I do too.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Hello! Nice to meet you! Enjoyed the Styx and Enya vids!

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Thanks! And wonderful picture! I love roses..

Sorry for the late reply, got busy for some weeks now...

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Hmm, I really like you...You sound like a truly wonderful person. I'm on the english side of Canada, where it seem's you speak better english than many do here. The only difference is that you can also speak french haha
Mon français est nul, but I got 100% on my french exam

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Andromus

Thank you very much. (hug)

That is a relief to hear! Though I often make the mistake of writing my English sentences in the French way, and adding overly useless words.

I know what you mean! My French exams always ended up at 50-60% (but its my native language), and my English exams always ended between 80-95%!

Ah, tout ce que tu as besoin de faire est d'écrire ou parler plus souvent en français; à 100%, cela veut dire que tu as une bonne connaissance du language, tu as maintenant juste besoin de pratiquer.

Ah, all you need to do is to write or speak more often in french; with 100%, it means that you have a good knowledge of the language, you only now need to practice.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Welcome..

I'm passionate about hope, compassion, understanding; and seeing all the facts, all the possibilities, before saying an absolute yes or no to a theory.
I wish more members had this type of reasoning. All possibilities.

For me, just because the main stream "Whatever", scientists, psychologists, doctors, teachers, titled individuals, say something is not possible, that is the same as saying, your brain is useless, and let us do the thinking for you.

Certainly, we all have intellectual blocks and deficiencies of one sort or another, that is the human condition. And I believe those conditions are to be acknowledged, and attempted to be overcome. And as you pointed out, one of our greatest tools in doing this, is to consider ALL the possibilities, whether they are acknowledged or not, publicly or academically.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: All Seeing Eye

I am glad to see that there are some members like you with this reasoning.

I believe there are some things that are truly proven, like gravity, and that the planet is round and not flat, because, well, all the experiments and real-life situation proves it... and keep on proving it. Or some pseudo-scientifical esoteric mumble-jumble that literally makes no sense (can't think of one example right now, but I hope you know what I mean), and that is really obvious it doesn't work.
But there are other things that are not as much set in stone, and deserves to be explored. Or thoughts and philosophical beliefs that deserves to be given a chance, and not to be shunned down because of some long-forgotten misunderstanding.

So, nice to meet you!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join