It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

400 Kilometers UFO - Chile, 1992

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   
One of my friends in South America sent me this link. A new video with a sort of a disclosure regarding an UFO case in Chile, back in 1992.

The images and information was broadcasted by Chilean television in 1999 for the first time. The object size was over 400 kilometers, no kidding. We've been waiting for so many years but now we have the final conclusions, it's astonishing.

Sadly the video is only in Spanish, but there is some important notes with the video, I found a good link in English with a complete reference to the case. I can't paste the text because the copyrights, but here is the link :

www.ufoevidence.org...

Final conclusion: The object is real. No way to debunk it.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Is this supposed to be a joke? Because that's definitely CGI from District 9.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct
I think that's just a visual the you-tuber used. On the flip side since I don't speak Spanish, the interviews could be about anything.

How about a transcript in English, or even in Spanish so that we non-Spanish speakers can throw it in a translation program?

Just wanted to add, that I'd rather have a third party provide the transcript then then the group linked in the OP.
edit on 6-6-2015 by Guyfriday because: I explained myself, now go back to reading.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   

You didn't watch the video did you?

You shouldn't comment on a thread until you've at least given the OP the respect of READING the damned thing.

I think the video seems quite compelling but, as always, without 'official disclosure' we can't say for sure what that thing is, or was. Might be a massive frisbee.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

I read over the text and don't understand how you came to this final conclusion. There is really nothing at all corroborating the claims made in the text, so I'm not sure how you can say so positively that there is "no way to debunk it". I don't know Spanish, so I could not translate the video. Does the video include independent verification of any of the claims being made?

One thing right away that I see is not factual is the GOES-8 Satellite mentioned in this story was not launched until 1994, so it could not have taken these pictures in 1992.

GOES-8 Information

Maybe the article is just mistaken, and it was shot by a different satellite. But still, I wonder what other facts are incorrect in this article.

By the way, the GOES satellites have taken pictures that include the Moon, and those images sometimes can look disk-shaped, such as these:

GOES-13 Moon

GOES-8 Moon

GOES-12 Moon

So while you may make such a definitive statement such as:
"There is no way to debunk it",

I ask:
"Could it be the Moon"?

edit on 6/6/2015 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Very interesting in several respects. The first issue would be with the shape of the object. It has the classic shape of a "flying saucer." Is it as far away as suggested in the article and, therefore, quite huge by any standards? Or is it only a short distance from the satellite?

That clearly defined shape will not be hard to identify if it is really a part of a cast-off shroud, etc. But we wouldn't expect to see such a part in such a close proximity to the satellite except immediately after insertion. Then there is the additional appearance of the object at a later time.

So let's see what an "official" US determination is about this object.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Joneselius

This is the problem with using YouTube videos as evidence for anything.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun
...Is it as far away as suggested in the article and, therefore, quite huge by any standards? Or is it only a short distance from the satellite?..

As I showed in my links of GOES satellite imagery (in my post above), the moon often matches the apparent size and shape of the object seen in the story linked in the OP.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   
It's all Greek to me.

If I am going to learn another language, I think I'll learn Finnish.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   
From what I translated, the object taken from satellite imagery also showed evidence of electromagnetic interference. The lines included in the oval image are thought to be caused by such interference.
The pilot in the interview gave anectodal evidence, describing a night sighting off the coast of Chile. The pilot and other crew witnessed what could be described as city lights shining through the ocean waters. The entire area was described as an entire city in the middle of the ocean, where it shouldn't be.

Very interesting.

EDIT: Also the meteorologists described/accessed that the object had different areas of varying temperatures and that its speed was keeping up with the speed of the weather satellite.

edit on KSat, 06 Jun 2015 12:18:50 -0500pm3020155040 by Kratos40 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
As I mentioned in my posts, it looks like GOES images of the Moon.

Here is another one that I found:

GOES-12 and Moon

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

I read over the text and don't understand how you came to this final conclusion. There is really nothing at all corroborating the claims made in the text, so I'm not sure how you can say so positively that there is "no way to debunk it". I don't know Spanish, so I could not translate the video. Does the video include independent verification of any of the claims being made?

One thing right away that I see is not factual is the GOES-8 Satellite mentioned in this story was not launched until 1994, so it could not have taken these pictures in 1992.

GOES-8 Information

Maybe the article is just mistaken, and it was shot by a different satellite. But still, I wonder what other facts are incorrect in this article.

By the way, the GOES satellites have taken pictures that include the Moon, and those images sometimes can look disk-shaped, such as these:

GOES-13 Moon

GOES-8 Moon

GOES-12 Moon

So while you may make such a definitive statement such as:
"There is no way to debunk it",

I ask:
"Could it be the Moon"?

Elsewhere the date is given as 1999, anyway I think it's a shot of the Moon, in black/white/greyscale you can see why

Here's the 1999 'sighting' also in glorious colour.

discussed in 2006 here, and later.
edit on 6-6-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

How can the Moon be between a weather satellite and the Earth's surface? Especially, showing imagery of parts of Chile.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   

It was discussed on ATS in 2011: www.abovetopsecret.com...

(And it's the moon)

edit on 6-6-2015 by Agartha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Generic fodder for spanish speaking 'news' channels. A miasma of file footage, CGI and interviews that show UFO 'stuff' . Our Enquirer style sensationalism isn't much better.

Except its in english.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kratos40
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

How can the Moon be between a weather satellite and the Earth's surface? Especially, showing imagery of parts of Chile.

Could you please show me (or tell me) which image you mean that shows the object between the Earth and the satellite?

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   

It's clear that you didn't click the video. Lazy.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agartha

(And it's the moon)

The video posted is new. It's about the confirmation and conclusions made by the Chilean authorities about this case.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kratos40
From what I translated, the object taken from satellite imagery also showed evidence of electromagnetic interference. The lines included in the oval image are thought to be caused by such interference.
The pilot in the interview gave anectodal evidence, describing a night sighting off the coast of Chile. The pilot and other crew witnessed what could be described as city lights shining through the ocean waters. The entire area was described as an entire city in the middle of the ocean, where it shouldn't be.

Very interesting.

EDIT: Also the meteorologists described/accessed that the object had different areas of varying temperatures and that its speed was keeping up with the speed of the weather satellite.

Thanks for that post. Your translation is accurate.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agartha

(And it's the moon)

The video posted is new. It's about the confirmation and conclusions made by the Chilean authorities about this case.

Can you please provide an English translation of the video? Or at least translate the pertinent parts of that video that have convinced you about the veracity of this case regarding the GOES satellite imagery? My Spanish is poor.

How did they discount that it was not the Moon, considering the GOES images of the moon taken in different wavelengths seem to be extremely similar to their "object"

Thanks.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join