It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

400 Kilometers UFO - Chile, 1992

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

The video posted is new. It's about the confirmation and conclusions made by the Chilean authorities about this case.

I know, my friend but I watched the video and they don't really come to any conclusion. I would like to see formal documents from the Chilean authorities and not just a video from a fringe site. If you find them, let me know, I speak Spanish and I can translate them.

edit on 6-6-2015 by Agartha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

and yet not one person say it in real time nor was any co-oberating photos or vids taken

think about this carefully - under optimum conditions - i can see ISS with binoculars - but people missed a 400km diamerter " object " ?

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

Yeah, it's the moon, good find!!

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Hey windy does it not occur to YOU at 400-500 km across it would have been visible to many yet NO other evidence or pictures from anywhere else, you guys will believe any old 5*&T from the net.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

and yet not one person say it in real time nor was any co-oberating photos or vids taken

think about this carefully - under optimum conditions - i can see ISS with binoculars - but people missed a 400km diamerter " object " ?

Please remember common sense is not required to believe BS!

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: wmd_2008

Hey windy does it not occur to YOU at 400-500 km across it would have been visible to many yet NO other evidence or pictures from anywhere else, you guys will believe any old 5*&T from the net.

It doesn't occur to you that the object could have technology to prevent that. After all, nobody on Earth can make fly a 400 Km object. After all, nobody on Earth made something that size.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   

It doesn't occur to you that the object could have technology to prevent that. After all, nobody on Earth can make fly a 400 Km object. After all, nobody on Earth made something that size.

So there is absolutely no way it could be the moon?.........in your opinion?.........no way at all?

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Of course nobody on Earth made it; It's the moon.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   

From your posted evidence: Yes...it, very well, may be the moon.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   

How did they estimate the size to be 400 km? They would need to know the distance before they could estimate the size, and I saw nothing that would indicate to me that they could figure out the distance. It could be a larger object farther away, or a smaller object that is closer.

As mentioned several times in this thread (and, it seems, a couple of other threads over the years in which this story has been discussed), the object is most likely the Moon, which means it is larger than 400 km across.

edit on 6/6/2015 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   

It just goes to show that not only are the people that make these wild claims lousy at determining wat they're looking at, they're lousy at determining distances too (or they just make them up).

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

They didn't make it up. The angular diameter of the Moon was about twice the angular width of Chile. Therefore, the Moon is twice as wide as Chile.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

If only you could see the stern look I'm giving you right now....Whilst trying not to laugh.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

They didn't make it up. The angular diameter of the Moon was about twice the angular width of Chile. Therefore, the Moon is twice as wide as Chile.

The Moon is about the size of my thumb when held at arm's length...
...so I guess the Moon is about an inch wide

edit on 6/6/2015 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   

You still don't get it.
The object was hovering directly over Chile. Obviously. It was the same distance from the satellite as was Chile.

It's a really good thing it was invisible to the human eye though, because it would have really freaked people out otherwise.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   

so this alledged object has " technology " that gives it effective ` invisibility ` so it cannot be seen by :

MK-I eyeball
cameras [ terestrial ]
telescopes [ terestrial ]

but the geos-8 [ using its magic time travel app - to capture images from before it was launched ] can image it

is that how it works ?????????????????

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
is that how it works ?????????????????

In a nutshell.

Nut, of course, being the key word.
edit on 6/7/2015 by AdmireTheDistance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Here you go another article discussing the same type of image.

ufologie.patrickgross.org...

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 05:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

If you want to be pedantic then the moon is made from the earth,hasn't it been proven now that the moon is made from earth rock after it was blasted free by an asteroid impact,so you could say it was made on earth? (End of sarcasm).
edit on 7-6-2015 by Imagewerx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Imagewerx

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

If you want to be pedantic then the moon is made from the earth,hasn't it been proven now that the moon is made from earth rock after it was blasted free by an asteroid impact.

It's certainly a good theory, don't know about the asteroid bit though, but a planet, (Theia) the size of Mars is the kiddie.

Dadadada...what was left will be back sooooon.

edit on 7-6-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join