It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Ancient History Completely Made Up?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Not how we've been lied to by every discipline of science

Wow, good luck trying to prove that. Especially since our whole society uses science every day like electricty and cars to name a few. I guess I'm not really typing this on a computer connected to the internet after all.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
The conqueror makes the history. No history is completely real. It is an interpretation of what happened from the point of the observer.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
The conqueror makes the history. No history is completely real. It is an interpretation of what happened from the point of the observer.

As a general rule I would agree
Though
Take the Old Testament part of the bible as an example of a swerve.
it was written by the Jews about israel and its kings.
There are many good stories and great kings.
Well no, there are more evil and terrible kings and many real shocking stories.
to a studied historian this is unusual. Most civilisations make themselves out to be better, greater, wealthier and wiser than the rest.
Why didnt the Jews

The bible is different and if a person reflected on its writings a different assumption would be made, different to the OPs assumption anyway

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

Ok. My position is the OP opens up, generally speaking, more than the Bible, in question. That's my position, in order to fill two lines…….there's far more to that story than the Bible, is all I'm saying.
tetra

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

Yeah, all this technology was supposed to liberate us, remember? That's how they keep selling it to us, right? "Maximize both productivity and leisure time."

How's that for one big fat historical lie that has nothing to do with the Bible? They're selling you a comfortable slavery disguised as "progress" (a term conveniently defined by the same people lying to you about it). They fill history with lies lauding the industrial revolution (and, more "anciently", the science of agriculture) as the salvation of humanity.

Liars.

I'd love to continue but unfortunately...

...I'm working.
edit on 6/6/15 by NthOther because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther
Great reply. Absolutely stellar. Thanks particularly for the juxtaposition of you're working, as though the rest of us aren't…….
And if we say how we are, it makes us shills.
Thanks a lot.
tetra

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   
One day, your only source of believable reports about events will be from those that lived through them.

Film archives, historical records and some older manuscripts notwithstanding, the advent of the internet and johnny come software manipulators are rewriting history as we speak.

One day, the old ones will be the only ones left to say, thats not what happened, I was there.

We'll be waiting…

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: borntowatch

That is so true about the content of the bible .It's actually quite amazing just how accurately it describes people places and things .Yet it is not a history book .It doesn't try to be but yet seems to be truthful in recording what was going on .

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
To the VICOR goes the propaganda...er TRUTH ,I mean truth...

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: tetra50

Actually, it was intended as an ironic device within the context of "the lie of progress", if you will.

But if you want to be offended, go for it. I wasn't suggesting anything about anyone else.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Hey intrptr:

One day, the old ones will be the only ones left to say, thats not what happened, I was there.

We'll be waiting…

and, I for one, will be there….for you and everyone else. Without any labels….
tetra

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

Actually, it was intended as an ironic device within the context of "the lie of progress", if you will.

But if you want to be offended, go for it. I wasn't suggesting anything about anyone else.

No, rather I was getting you to reveal what was intended, and that it was a device, and how you were using it, thank you. Not offended at all.
tetra

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: tetra50
a reply to: Elementalist
Hey Elementalist:
Those "bones, artifacts…" etc. you refer to are used to reinforce and prop up his story.
They are but props on a stage.
tetra
IMHO, of course

That is my point.

We are piecing together a story, through remnants of the past, such things I listed are the pieces to the puzzle so to speak.

The complete truth will always be lost or hidden, in the sands of time..

Apologies for not being clear.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

Not how we've been lied to by every discipline of science

Wow, good luck trying to prove that. Especially since our whole society uses science every day like electricty and cars to name a few. I guess I'm not really typing this on a computer connected to the internet after all.

Electricity is not science. It's raw element of nature thst has been here before the planet, before our mental birth of scientific thinking.

What's a lightning bolt...nature, that science can describe and learn about.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   

a reply to: intrptr

Hey intrptr:

We'll be waiting…

and, I for one, will be there….for you and everyone else. Without any labels….
tetra

I appreciate that, I also know that most younger people don't care what old people blather on about.

One of the downfalls, loss of respect for the elder generation. I think part of that has to do with how the older generation, the wealthy higher ups controlling everything and lying to everyone. Youth rightly don't believe anyone anymore.

Somewhere I read that theres this whole new generation growing up that isn't interested anymore in higher learning, higher incomes and higher materialism. They will eventually save everyone by refusing to play along in the age old game that finances "civilization", the wars and the resulting chaos, poverty and death.

If everyone would just stop supporting the nationalistic pride, the industrial war machine, the high finance, the political institute, it will wither on the vine. They know this, so could care less about all the "issues".

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Elementalist
Hey intrptr:
yes, the rebellion of "youth," I think, most certainly has to do with hypocrisy. I can't say I blame them, particularly….
but what is old and what is reincarnated youth, may surprise everyone attending the show…..

appreciate that, I also know that most younger people don't care what old people blather on about.

One of the downfalls, loss of respect for the elder generation. I think part of that has to do with how the older generation, the wealthy higher ups controlling everything and lying to everyone. Youth rightly don't believe anyone anymore.

Can you blame them?

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

How completely unsurprising that the OP jumps straight to the Bible in a discussion of fabricated history. 

Considering the bible is 99% fabricated it's a great example tbh.....

But what's not surprising is your outrage considering your views on science.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   

So, the issue is very complex. Perhaps the larger question is, if all this is "scripted," and "fed" to us, then what? What does that say about just where we are right now?

That we need a fresh script?

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anaana

So, the issue is very complex. Perhaps the larger question is, if all this is "scripted," and "fed" to us, then what? What does that say about just where we are right now?

That we need a fresh script?

Indeed.
and where are we then?

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Stuck on repeat?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join