It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Ancient History Completely Made Up?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
This is in response to another post on here currently about history being altered or fabricated. This article is fascinating, whether it's true or not, but I have no doubt at all that he is correct that much of the bible was fabricated or seriously altered in medieval times. I heard one biblical expert say that all the medieval manuscripts of the bible differ from each other by either mistake or design, so this may not be so far-fetched.

blackbag.gawker.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   
i think most of ancient history is true, just described differently by different groups, winner and losers, maybe somewhere midway is the truth what really happened in the past

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: CB328

Much of recent history is made up, misemphasized, or miscommunicated as to events and importance. So ancient history, which relies on limited sources (those which have survived, let alone those humans who knew how to write and had access to materials which would last) and especially after tragedies like the burning of the library of Alexandria, might be even further removed from the "truth". One event seen by a hundred people will have one hundred different descriptions and viewpoints, so which is "real" and which is historically accurate?

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: CB328

Well you can compare what we have today to the dead sea scrolls which seem to be 2000 years old . The complete book of Isaiah is a very good match as well as the psalms .

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: blacktie

Quite true . History today is not recorded in the same manner as yester years .Ancient myths play a important roll in how the form to pass on the knowledge of the past to future generations is a complex question that distant cultures would have had to incorporate into the process . The written language and languages also play a part in cross cultural norms of the day .Orwell did his best to tell the future history as best he understood it at the time and one that we can look at and see that he must have been in the company of future planners that were serious about how they wanted things to go .

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Which goes to show our current acceptance of time is a human machination. Time to see life as cyclic with ebbs and flows and forget all this linear nonesense.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

our culture enjoys storytelling and has given us great writers like Jules Verne and many other brilliant science fiction writers, its incredible

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Yes, but I wouldn't focus on the Bible, for it once may have been "true." This is an extremely complex issue. There is revision that seems to take place, and events now seem controled and "scripted." However that begs another question: if someone lived through the Inquisition, say, but it was a scripted event (or even repeated, to revise it, though that was scripted.), because people lived through that scripting, is it any less real to them, in experience?

So, the issue is very complex. Perhaps the larger question is, if all this is "scripted," and "fed" to us, then what? What does that say about just where we are right now?

Good thread in that you left it rather open so the issue could be explored in lots of ways

edit on 6-6-2015 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: tetra50

yes well some of us think we are living out a 'particular story' right now .. and if so which one is it

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   
It's his-story, it's such a miss-stery!

Is his story made up? Well its just a story. We use bones, remnants, artifacts, ancient scriptures that may or may not have been poorly translated or altered..etc to male a story of our past, piece the puzzle..

Who runs the world? The male energy, ie; the phallic, the obelisk, the pope, presidents, warchiefs (military orchastration) CEOS, secret societies and factions like freemasonry etc... 98% males.

Yes there is that queen puppet they put out there for psychological effect. But behind her, is male power.

His story, and they will do what it takes to have their version of history, the main version. Science or religion, pick your poison.

The truth is buried, hidden, that's how you control masses and the future, control history.
edit on 6-6-2015 by Elementalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   
As a history aficionado myself, I've always viewed history as a fabric. A fabric woven by individual threads of stories and experience. Does a single thread from a garment truly represent or describe the entire garment? No....how could it? The combined histories of all humanity, each culture, country, realm, etc... must be taken into account to get a true picture of what the human experience has been.

And, this does not even touch the idea that our human history is still yet one thread of the history of the planet, which includes the stories of all the animals that have lived and died here as well. Who tells their stories?

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: blacktie
a reply to: tetra50

yes well some of us think we are living out a 'particular story' right now .. and if so which one is it

I agree with you, completely, blacktie. I don't know which one it is, either. Only that I am suffering a great deal, and remember the same things many different ways.
tetra

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I doubt that it's entirely made up, but I do think we are stuck in a transition between two modes of revisionism that shines a light on some inconsistencies in the story we inherited.

Egyptology is one suitable example of how this works. You have this long standing mystery ies stood in plain sight of people who lacked the means to really unravel it, so they fit it into what little history they have and for some time as a result Christians were saying the Pyramids were the granaries built when Joseph was ruling Egypt in Pharoah's place.

Which means that at the first approach of science to that mystery, there is already a body of theory handed down and defended that says Egypt started right about the same time that the Bible says mankind was getting started.

Now we've pushed the dawn of the megalithic age, and we recognize Egypt as one of the first, but we haven't pushed back the age of Egypt or drawn any definite lines connecting them to what came before.

The old narratives have a way of clinging to relevance even as new ones grow in their place, and no narrative ever explains everything. The result is that we have broken layers of close enough history, and at some points there are exposed cross sections that show us how some parts of our story are founded half on one idea and half on another and don't actually make as much sense as they appear to on the surface

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Elementalist
Hey Elementalist:
Those "bones, artifacts…" etc. you refer to are used to reinforce and prop up his story.
They are but props on a stage.
tetra
IMHO, of course

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
This is in response to another post on here currently about history being altered or fabricated. This article is fascinating, whether it's true or not, but I have no doubt at all that he is correct that much of the bible was fabricated or seriously altered in medieval times. I heard one biblical expert say that all the medieval manuscripts of the bible differ from each other by either mistake or design, so this may not be so far-fetched.

blackbag.gawker.com...

The problem here is that all documents were well in existence before the medieval years. And I happen to have a copy of the differences in the manuscripts, NT that is, and they all add up to some basic scribal errors.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

Hey Logarock:
Respectfully, I hope we aren't going to turn this thread into just a debate about the validity of NT or OT….
The OP asks further questions than what has to do with just the Bible….
Sincerely,
tetra

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: The Vagabond

yes the timing is right

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
How completely unsurprising that the OP jumps straight to the Bible in a discussion of fabricated history.

Not how governments have done it, or how our schools perpetuate it. Not how our fake history is fed by pop culture. Not how we've been lied to by every discipline of science (good heavens, no).

Nope. Straight to the Bible. Wasn't expecting that at all.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: tetra50
a reply to: Logarock

Hey Logarock:
Respectfully, I hope we aren't going to turn this thread into just a debate about the validity of NT or OT….
The OP asks further questions than what has to do with just the Bible….
Sincerely,
tetra

What did I post? Two sentences.

Anyway he used the Bible manuscripts as the only example to support his premise. Just shot that down so maybe he should demonstrate a better example. Otherwise he going to have to prove it based on Bible manuscripts.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

Shhh. We are not spozed to notice.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join