It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Favorite Band

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Lately, I've been diggin Yelawolf too

Nice.

My number one,

The Strokes

I could listen to Tupac, or Big K.R.I.T. all day as well.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: southernplayalistic

Have you heard of Rittz?

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: SecretFace

It's been a while since I've listened to any of his stuff, but Ihsahn from Emperor did metal with some jazzy elements as a solo thing. Never kept up with it but what I heard some years back was cool. Sleep Terror also did some interesting stuff.

As for hip hop, you ought to give Immortal Technique a listen to.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Pantera, Meshuggah, Machine Head, Slayer, mobb deep, MOP, non phixion, triple darkness (the british one) the doors, soundgarden, sepultura, nailbomb, rage against the machine...there's too many to list.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Ihsahn, like Opeth, did not stay locked into the sound that Emperor had which is why I'm a huge fan of his solo work.

It's artists like Opeth, Anathema and Ihsahn hell even Mayhem that keep music fresh and challenging. All are recognizable with their own sounds that have been there since they started yet don't sound the the way they did when they started.

Bands like Immortal or Slayer are still doing what they did , they have their sweet spot and I'm glad they still do it.

That is the great thing about music, different ways to make people feel something..

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ashirah

Have you heard of Rittz?

Just now looked him up, although i've heard of him. I think on 'hotnewhiphop.com'?? And i just listened to a video of his, and i can definitely see myself getting into his music. My problem is i've been exposed to a lot of different styles of music in my past few years, and i realize there is a lot of really good music out there. There are those that catch my attention right off the bat, and i try to listen to everything they've wrote. But i realize i'm going to be in my fifties or sixties before i listen to 90% of what i want to listen to. I'm still trying to catch up with Eminem, but he's still going, so I know i've got time.

Recently got into jazz, classical, blues type of music. We all know there's a lot of history there....

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Hah, yeah I hear that. I don't even try to keep up anymore. I'm very much into metal and punk but getting into electronic so I know the feeling of being behind the times.
edit on 9-6-2015 by Ashirah because: Curse you, phone kb

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Toolman18

1. led zeppelin
2. rob zombie
3. alice in chains
4. pink floyd
5. the beatles

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Hah, yeah I hear that. I don't even try to keep up anymore. I'm very much into metal and punk but getting into electronic so I know the feeling of being behind the times.

How about My Chemical Romance? That was the shtuff when i was in middle school. Always fun to play their old songs sometimes.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Are you implying that I have the musical taste of a middle schooler?

Touché

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Are you implying that I have the musical taste of a middle schooler?

Touché

Lol... not at all. I'm jammin out to MCR right now because your reference to metal punk reminded me of them... and i still dig it. I'm Not Okay. Actually, for everyone who posted in this thread, i can find at least a few songs of the band/ artist they posted - that i thoroughly enjoy. I even like music with lyrics in a different language. You know, some songs can just make you feel some type of way. I especially enjoy bass.

Hence the 12" subwoofer in my vehicle.

edit on 962015 by southernplayalistic because: (no reason given)

Yeah, i'm the jackass who pulls up beside you guys at the stoplight with bass boomin.... # it.
edit on 962015 by southernplayalistic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Haha .. I have a fondness for nasty subwoofer action myself.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 01:12 AM
link   
This is my favorite band all time:

Lazy LLamas Spotify link

Lazy LLamasBandcamp link

edit on 10-6-2015 by atrofi because: can´t get links to work

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   
1. Black Sabbath.... Ever since i heard Iron Man in 1973 at age 11, i was hooked. And the reason i took up guitar.
2. Metallica
3. Rage Against the Machine
4. Jimi Hendrix
5. Alice In Chains

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Thanks for the great list everybody. Music is like food, no two people have the same taste

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I've already posted Deftones and Radiohead. But, I love a ridiculous amount of music so, the short version of my list is:

Deftones
Radiohead
The Prodigy
Sevendust
Rage Against the Machine
Garbage
Parliament-Funkadelic
The Jimi Hendrix Experience
Prince and the Revolution
Black Sugar
Bob Marley and the Wailers
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Incubus
Metallica
Fleetwood Mac
The Roots
Pearl Jam
Santana

Rock on!!

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   
At the moment, I am listening to a lot of muse. For me, they are one of the best live bands I have ever seen, and I have seen a lot of bands. If I was to name my fave bands and artists it would be

At the drive in
System of a down
Muse
The tea party ( such a underated band)
The doors
Neil young
Elliott smith
Grandaddy
Leonard cohen
Smashing pumpkins (first four five albums)
Radiohead (first three albums)

This list is just off the top of my head

My Fav artist is Elliott smith. The guy was an absolute genius who wrote some of the most beautiful songs I have ever heard.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join