It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Favorite Band

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Deftones

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

When I make a music thread, I always hope that you post. I admire your taste.

Totally rocking out to the Glass Animals right now.

and

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 12:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse
a reply to: Skid Mark

The jam sessions would've been great. But could you imagine the partying going on ?

That's kind of a funny statement about jamming. I'm not 100% sure this is true but it is my understanding that that's how the Traveling Wilburys formed . They used to gather and jam for fun then later they decided to do an album .

If that information is bad somebody please correct me .

I don't know if it is or not but it's a cool story. I would have loved to be there.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Toolman18

Amon Amarth really gets me.

Only discovered them a few months ago but now I love them.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 01:16 AM
link   

BLACK SABBATH

While Ozzy was lead singer.

Also, Metallica, Sepultura, Soulfly, Rammstein, Iron Maiden, The Prodigy

Lately, I've been diggin Yelawolf too

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 01:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis

When I make a music thread, I always hope that you post. I admire your taste.

Totally rocking out to the Glass Animals right now.

and

Hey, thanks eisegis.

I'm kinda a funky music junkie monkey.

I see you got Buckethead on your list.. Sounds like you have good taste too. I'll have to check out those other three you listed.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Life's most difficult question in my opinion.

I just cant't come up with an answer I am content with.

This will have to do.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 02:59 AM
link   

I'm a Glass Animals fan too. Their music has been in my rotation the last 6 months. Really good, chill music.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

Hey, don't tell me my Eagles aren't awesome!

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

I counter your post with The Carpenters, Little River Band, Chicago, ELO, and QUEEN!

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   

If I have to choose one:
Fleetwood Mac

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Nine Inch Nails - Smashing Pumpkins - Garbage - U2(pre-2002) - Linkin Park - Radiohead (first 3 albums) - Slipknot - Versus the Rest - Megadeth - Prodigy - Pennywise - America - Harmonium - Royal Blood (till now) - Beatles - Genesis - Depeche Mode - Stabbing Westward - Stone Temple Pilots - Our Lady Peace - The Cure - The Police - Journey

Just to name a few!

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Wait, I'd like to add these guys to my entry.

Thanks V

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Love listening to the songs that all of you have posted!! it's true, these threads may be numerous, but never get old.

Personally, my favorite band is Avenged Sevenfold.

First song of theirs I heard was 'Blinded in Chains', back when I was nerding out on World of Warcraft running around Tanaris with my Tiger Mount (cue flashback). I love every album since Waking The Fallen, i listen to them without skipping
Its definitely what I love driving a 6-speed to. Mmm.

M. Shadows is also my favorite male vocalist. This band is a must-see LIVE, you get fire (its bloody hot in the pit), NO AUTOTUNE, explosions, orgasmic solos and INSANE energy in the crowd and from the band.

I attended The 2013 Pain in The Grass at the Gorge Amphitheatre in George, WA with a group of friends. Just based on the location alone, this has to be my favorite concert ever. Volbeat was Fantastic also, but Avenged played two encores and played past the curfew til almost 1am. As you can see below, The Gorge is an EPIC location, if you have not heard of it, please google it/watch some concerts performed there on youtube. Its really truly breathtaking and quite possibly the best venue in the Country.

Here is one of my favorite songs 'Buried Alive' from The Gorge Concert, it's too bad I didnt take my own video, but who has time to film when you are right in front of Synyster Gates in the Pit?! Honestly.

Fun Fact: I am the high-pitched cat caller in the Gorge videos
>.>

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Easy:

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   

The Moody Blues.

Pioneers Of Progressive Rock.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   
These guys...

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
In no particular order I would have to go with Faith No More, Janes Addiction, Pink Floyd(especially Piper at the Gates of Dawn), Godflesh and the CroMags

a reply to: opethPA

Some excellent picks indeed! I just got my tickets for the NY stop of Opeth's 25th Anniversary. 2 sets including Ghost Reveries in its entirety and they're playing a ton of old stuff they don't play much anymore so I'm like a giddy school girl for it haha.
edit on 7-6-2015 by peter vlar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Yes! radiohead is my favorite band. i like how thom dances silly from time to time during TKOL tours, there music is great.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join