It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tell us what you are, and what you aren't.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I've always been fascinated by the cognitive processes of others. Especially the way people perceive themselves. What and who the think they definitely are and are not. Not so much the physical aspects, like ethnicity, gender, physical build, disability, etc. But who they are as a person. How they would describe themselves to, say, a being that has no ability to conceptualize the physical nature of our universe.
Who and what are you as a person? What are the traits you see in yourself? What are your strengths and weaknesses? What kind of person are you?
For myself, I would have to say I'm a caretaker, extremely detail oriented, observant, frequently struggle to find the motivation to do the mundane things, and cannot tolerate willful ignorance in those who have the opportunity and ability to correct it.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I am also stubborn, and I usually refuse to capitulate. I will go to extraordinary lengths to help someone I believe deserves it, and I will write people out of my life permanently for violating my trust.
And I have absolutely no tolerance whatsoever for a thief.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I am human. No more. No less. I am not a judge or jury. I do not expect from others what they are incapable of giving or being. Our process of living is more than what we see or feel. Nothing is black or white or gray. I live for this second in a river of time, and I float along with everyone else. My path may or may not interact with your own, but my being is just as important as yours. I respect your time and I hope that some of mine is respected as well. If you know me as more than what you perceive, or preconceive , then you assume much. We are as we are, our very beings are linked to all of those that have lived before us. They are we, and we are them.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Chansi3

Eloquent.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I am a tormented soul going through life trying to find who I am. Past experiences due to war have changed me to the core. Each day I find something new in life to enjoy, and each day I delve deeper into my past and stumble backward again.

I live to save people. I understand this sounds cliché, but it is my career, what I breathe each day. Realistically I cant save everyone. Most people I cannot save. Even when given the opportunity, sometimes it is out of my reach. This is another step backward.

I live for my son. My son has helped to lead me out of the darkest places imaginable in my life. He is my hero.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I honestly can't say that I am any one thing 100% of the time. Not one thing.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Well, what various things are you? What are your characteristics?

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: LoverBoy
I am a tormented soul going through life trying to find who I am. Past experiences due to war have changed me to the core. Each day I find something new in life to enjoy, and each day I delve deeper into my past and stumble backward again.

I live to save people. I understand this sounds cliché, but it is my career, what I breathe each day. Realistically I cant save everyone. Most people I cannot save. Even when given the opportunity, sometimes it is out of my reach. This is another step backward.

I live for my son. My son has helped to lead me out of the darkest places imaginable in my life. He is my hero.

You forgot to mention your own strength. Though, you may not see it.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I'm on a quest for the surreal, the odd, the strange, unusual, curious, peculiar, funny, bizarre, weird, unexpected, unfamiliar, atypical, anomalous, out of the ordinary, extraordinary, puzzling, mystifying, mysterious, perplexing, baffling, unaccountable, inexplicable, freakish, suspicious, questionable, eerie, unnatural bizarro, creepy and spooky....why? because that how we roll.

I'm not to fond of brown shoes either, but that's another story!!
edit on 4-6-2015 by olaru12 because: $%&JN

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Other that your curiousity, what are the personality traits you perceive in yourself?

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: pfishy

Other that your curiousity, what are the personality traits you perceive in yourself?

Plucky and bold with a hint of humility....

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Fantastic. Thanks.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Tenacious and self absorbed

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

And honest.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: pfishy
Compassion. I see things in people that others do not. I love very hard.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: LoverBoy

Absolutely nothing wrong with that. As long as you're able to recognize the potential for trouble before it happens.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: pfishy

Well, what various things are you? What are your characteristics?

Well my default mode is kind, compassionate, loving, patient, dependable, honest, forgiving, etc.

But much like a dynamic web application, I'm loaded with scripts that change my behavior based on user interaction.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   

That's basic humanity. lol

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: pfishy

Exactly lol. I think anyone who claims they are "this" but not "that" isn't being completely honest with themselves. In the absolute present you are nothing but a bundle of limitless reactions in waiting.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   

I would have to agree, if you are describing yourself in absolutes. But we all still possess overall traits that are more often than not accurate descriptions of a major personal constituent.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join