It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pam Geller is technically right .

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
The more I look into her the more her aggressive tactics make sense to me . Please set your emotions aside for this thread and try to address the issue I expose .

I understand her point more now. She is now under 24/7 protection, she say's she is not surprised by this because many people that speak out against radical Islam find theirrself in the same position .

Here's a few examples from bare naked Islam .

Carsten Juste, lead editor of Jyllands-Posten during the cartoons controversy.

Terry Jones, the Florida pastor who declared “Islam is of the Devil”, declared September 11 to be “International Burn-A-Koran Day” and became an unlikelysymbol of free speech when leaders of both the Democratic and Republican parties called for him to be held liable for al-Qaeda attacks. Jones has been sentenced to death by an Egyptian court after the Arab Spring.

Kurt Westergaard, who drew the most simple and propagandistic of the Jyllands-Posten cartoons and has survived one assassination attempt, with a second attemptstopped in the planning stages.

Geert Wilders, leader of the Dutch-nationalist Freedom Party of the Netherlands.

Lars Vilks, who drew a cartoon of a dog with Mohammed’s face. He has been attacked at a public appearance, and an assassination attempt was stopped by police. Vilks has previously drawn Jesus as a pedophile and attempted to secede from Sweden.

Stéphane Charbonnier, editor of the comedy magazine Charlie Hebdo which reacted to the Arab Spring by calling itself Shari’a Hebdo and publishing Mohammed on the cover, which resulted in its offices being burned down. Charlie Hebdo has since published more offensive cartoons to deliberately provoke the right. In 2006, Charlie Hebdo under editor Philippe Val published the Jyllands-Posten cartoons in 2006 and was subsequently prosecuted by the French government at the direction of Jacques Chirac and found innocent.

Flemming Rose, an editor at Jyllands-Posten.

Morris Sadik, National American Coptic Assembly which is basically his blog. His Egyptian citizenship was revoked after the Arab Spring. He had translated into Arabic the promotional clip for the movie Innocence of Muslims, which has been (falsely) blamed for the September 11 anniversary attacks on US assets in 2012, and there have been attempts to blame Sadik for the violence.

Salman Rushdie, author of the book The Satanic Verses, who was sentenced to death by Ayatollah Khomeini in 1989. One of the book’s editors has been killed and two have survived assassination attempts.

Ayaan Hirsi Ali, a feminist activist from Somalia who wrote the screenplay for the movie Submission. The movie’s director, Theo van Gogh, was assassinated in 2004.

Molly Norris, a cartoonist from the US state of Washington who declared Everybody Draw Mohammed Day in response to the death threats received by South Park cartoonists Trey Parker and Matt Stone in 2010.

source

I understand that they take positions that anger Islam . Some people blame them for stoking the anger . A position may well precipitate a response . But I don't think it's just me when I say that response should not be death .

Other religions had the same position for insulting the gods. But keep in mind except in rare circumstances now a days those positions ceased to exist hundreds of years ago .

Freedom of religion is a basic human right in my opinion . Freedom of speech is a basic human right in my opinion .

But to issue a death threat over someone exercising their freedom of speech. Has no place in the world today . I support anyone that defends basic human rights over religious dogma .

I do not support anyone or thing that pledges death to anyone who offends them .

edit on 4-6-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: greencmp
a reply to: Greathouse

Yes.

'I don't hate Muslims. I hate Islam,' says Holland's rising political star

I don't hate Islam, I don't hate Muslims . But I completely loath the radicals intent on using violence to force their will upon others .

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
It seems to point more and more to Washington as being the power behind the ugly of this world .
Its not all bad news because some are figuring things out and are making gains .

300 ISIS militants killed, 40 armored vehicles destroyed in air raid western Anbar
www.iraqinews.com...
edit on 4-6-2015 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
When your religious text tells you that God will punish sinners for their transgressions after this life, you find it a little easier to turn the other cheek. They'll get theirs...eventually.

When your religious text glorifies conquest over the non-believer and intructs you to punish sinners yourself, you feel spiritually compelled to retalliate. Violence is the righteous path.

That's where the problem starts.

Pamela Gellar is not someone whose company I would enjoy, but she is absolutely right. There is a pervasive draconian intolerance in the Muslim world, and it flies in the face of basic western values.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   

The more I look into her the more her aggressive tactics make sense to me .

Then don't whine about what happens. If you go around making fun of people and their beliefs eventually you are going to have people that will strike back.

She is now under 24/7 protection, she say's she is not surprised by this because many people that speak out against radical Islam find yourself in the same position .

You need to get your facts straight about Geller she doesn't just speak out against radical Islam she applies her ranting against all of Islam. In fact she is so bad about it that England denied her coming into the country to give a speech.

Here's a few examples from bare naked Islam .

No those are the examples of psychopaths. If 1.5 billion people actually acted like the way Geller and apparently you say Islam is like then anyone that says the slightest thing about Islam would be dead wouldn't they.

I don't think it's just me when I say that response should not be death .

If you read the Qur'an then you would know that Islam doesn't call for it either. The people that do these things are following some outdated hadith. How many times have you seen the Muslims that belong to this forum cry you should be killed for doing that?

Other religions had the same position for insulting the gods. But taking mine except in rare circumstances now a days those positions ceased to exist hundreds of years ago .

And yet will still have people of those other religions that still kill people for what their holy books says is a sin. Just look at people here in the states that want killing homosexuals to be legal because it is a "sin".

I do not support any one or thing that pledges death to anyone who offends them .

On this I agree with you 100%.

+11 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Way to grandstand as you usually do with your post . You Neglected almost everything I said you kept bringing up Islam . I brought up radical Islam.

Does your reading comprehension suffer that much or do you just choose to make your normal type speech before you agree with me ?

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: OpenMindedRealist

When your religious text tells you that God will punish sinners for their transgressions after this life, you find it a little easier to turn the other cheek. They'll get theirs...eventually.

That's exactly what the Quran teaches.

Knowingly spreading false information?
Or misinformed?

Either way you're not denying ignorance!

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse

I can only assume from your position you support the murder of people because they have an opinion ?

I can only assume you didn't read all of Buster's post.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpenMindedRealist

When your religious text glorifies conquest over the non-believer and intructs you to punish sinners yourself, you feel spiritually compelled to retalliate. Violence is the righteous path.

That's where the problem starts.

Pamela Gellar is not someone whose company I would enjoy, but she is absolutely right. There is a pervasive draconian intolerance in the Muslim world, and it flies in the face of basic western values.

We have a bingo! Please come and collect your prize of harassing phone calls sprinkled with the occasional death threat!

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

originally posted by: Greathouse

I can only assume from your position you support the murder of people because they have an opinion ?

I can only assume you didn't read all of Buster's post.

You are 100% right so I edited. Normally you don't have to read his full post because he says the same thing over and over and over.

But I can admit my mistakes unlike many people on this site .

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Your own interpretation does not reality make.

The people who wrote the Islamic texts might be appalled by the violent path the religion has followed. That's irrelevant though, because what matters is how Muslims see their religion today. Only a fool can earnestly deny that Islam motivates an inordinate amount of violent extremists around the world.

Too many lines in the Koran flatly promote violence as a response to 'sins.' Too few command compassion and forgiveness. Cherry pick all you want, but the ratio is the problem.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Cherry pick all you want, but the ratio is the problem.

Pick any Verse you like and I'll prove that it's you who is cherry picking.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   
What is there to say about a religion that bans pigeons because you might see their nuts flying overhead.

The world is insane.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Pam Geller is technically a racist bigot who fuels hatred worldwide with lie upon lie within the propaganda which she subjects the gullible to.

Awwwwwwwwwwwwe....you fell for it

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
We will never defeat radical Islam.

They will ultimately win because the only way to beat them is to destroy them and we have no leader with the stones to do that.

So if radical Islam is going to win, might as well mock them.

I mean, this whole Catlin Jenner should be insulting to them as well. Maybe they'll attack her!

(hide Catlin, HIDE!)
edit on 4-6-2015 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs
I'm not interested in playing quote-the-Koran with you or anyone else. That happens every week here and it accomplishes nothing.

A religion is not defined by a single line, or page, or chapter, or even book. Texts can be altered or selectively ignored. The attitudes and actions of its followers are the religion.

That's why the phrase 'religion of peace' will not apply to Islam until the number of extremists drops to a reasonable percentage. Something less than 10-20% would do.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   

The attitudes and actions of its followers are the religion.

So Christianity is a paedo ring due to their followers actions?

Judaism is a paedo cult due to the actions of rabbis at circumcisions (ie the bloodsucking)?

The fact that you think there is 160,000,000 million radical Muslims just shows your uneducated opinion for what it truly is.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Judaism is a paedo cult due to the actions of rabbis at circumcisions (ie the bloodsucking)?

The fact that you think there is 160,000,000 million radical Muslims just shows your uneducated opinion for what it truly is.

Let's say it's just a million..... The other billion support and cheer them on.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Legman

Let's say it's just a million..... The other billion support and cheer them on.

Says who?
You?

Or a scientific peer reviewed study?

Or... You?

Don't make me laugh.

If that was true you'd either be in a warzone or praying 5 times a day.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join