It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pam Geller is technically right .

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
She is technically right and she is like an open carry supporter to me. These people like her are necessary to make sure our rights aren't eroded out of convenience or political correctness. We may not like them, but they are needed. A right not exercised is a right lost.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Pamela Geller may be a rancidly, vacuous khanzeer...

But I say let her spout her ignorance...
Often...

The more she does, the more alienated the far right become.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
In the United States, anything is fair game. Free. Speech.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Even idiots have there right to free speech.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs
If 10-20% of Christians are pedophiles, then yes, pedophilia is a tenant of Christianity.

If 10-20% of Muslims are violent extremists, extremism is a tenant of Islam.

If fewer than 1% of Muslims committed violent acts in the name of religion, nobody would be talking about this.

Back to the topic, Metallicus is correct as usual. We need assholes. Not just for defecation, but to exercise our freedoms while we sit on the couch.
edit on 4-6-2015 by OpenMindedRealist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

The "DEEP" boys.readersupportednews.org...

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpenMindedRealist
If 10-20% of Christians are pedophiles, then yes, pedophilia is a tenant of Christianity.

If 10-20% of Muslims are violent extremists, extremism is a tenant of Islam.

If fewer than 1% of Muslims committed violent acts in the name of religion, nobody would be talking about this.

Unless you can link to 16,000,000 terror attacks that have happened due to Islam even your 1% is way, way, way off the mark.

But I noticed you moved the percentage goal posts and are still wrong...

Now tell me it's a tenet even if it's 0.01%.

Now link me to 16,000 terror attacks attributed to Islam...

Still struggling yes...

Now tell me it's 0.0001%...

And so on.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: real_one
a reply to: Greathouse

Pam Geller is technically a racist bigot who fuels hatred worldwide with lie upon lie within the propaganda which she subjects the gullible to.

Awwwwwwwwwwwwe....you fell for it

Let me get this straight ?

As apparent by your post, you approve of people murdering others because they don't agree with what they said? I agree with you Pam Geller is a hateful bigot. All I'm saying is that no one should kill her for it .

By the way apparently you didn't even read the OP many more people are under death threats from radical Islam for what they say or draw . Do they all fall under your same hate filled post ?

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Freedom of speech isn't far right.
What she did is as bad as what Black Panthers,Neo Nazis, or Westboro does. But it's also what is to be SILENCED by Islam,which won't fly in America at all ,but IF you're cool with Islam silencing all dessent then I disagree.

Islam will EAT all the garbage Christainity must put up with in order to survive as a faith or there will be an on going conflict.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

I never said free speech was far right, I said Pamela Geller is.
edit on 4-6-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   

BUT, you don't often mention Islam as the fault in such incidents ,just the speech.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Funny how personal responsibility disappears whenever the chance to say Islam comes along isn't it.

No, I'm always a advocate of personal responsibility.

So I'm not going to blame my Faith.
Blame the individual(s).
edit on 4-6-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   

She can say whatever she wants about Christians as well and WE won't try to kill her....

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
The percentage of extremists I used was plainly an estimate. An informed estimate, based on data from intelligence agencies around the world.

At minimum, 10% of the 1.6 billion (160,000,000) Muslims in the world commit or aid in extremist acts of violence. That doesn't mean 160,000,000 separate incidents, and they don't all involve planes and BBC news coverage.

Are you denying that Islam has a problem with extremism? From here it looks like you just want to argue semantics.

EDIT: The only pat of this relevant to the OP is that no other modern religion commonly responds to words with violence. That's why people are upset, and that's why people like Pam whatshername are vigorously exercising the right to free speech.
edit on 4-6-2015 by OpenMindedRealist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: OpenMindedRealist

Cherry pick all you want, but the ratio is the problem.

Pick any Verse you like and I'll prove that it's you who is cherry picking.

You always improve on what Muhammad really taught instead of seeing the logical flaws in his teachings.

This is the example you give.

This is the thing what the Quran really say:

Sahih International
Because of that, We decreed upon the Children of Israel that whoever kills a soul unless for a soul or for corruption [done] in the land - it is as if he had slain mankind entirely. And whoever saves one - it is as if he had saved mankind entirely. And our messengers had certainly come to them with clear proofs. Then indeed many of them, [even] after that, throughout the land, were transgressors.

The first one is a pure spiritual teaching non dualistic teaching probably influenced by Sufi-ism. The 2nd is an impure spiritual teaching that any insane Wahhabi will use to kill by defining corruption like they want. Muhammad keeps giving a lot of room to do what would by both Christian faith and eastern faith (Buddhism, Hindusim) be regarded as a sin/karma action that will destroy the soul.
edit on 4-6-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   

You don't want to argue semantics on ATS.

You'll just get labeled as an anti-semantic.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

You don't want to argue semantics on ATS.

You'll just get labeled as an anti-semantic.

Or worse, a pro-semantic.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

THEY don't have the right.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Funny how personal responsibility disappears whenever the chance to say Islam comes along isn't it.

No, I'm always a advocate of personal responsibility.

Blame the individual(s).

That's why you never seem understand what anyone saying. This thread is not attacking your faith . It is attacking A small part of your faith that is teeming with vengeful murderers that can only see things their way .
edit on 4-6-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
We have a situation where so called Islamic radical group(s) are destroying the enemies of US and people don't think that's strange. Clearly, if any radical Islam groups formed, it would go after the enemies of islamic states that stand-up against western fascism, not destroy and weaken the islamic states themselves,

Please stop parroting everything you hear on media and regurgitate it as fact. The West continues to finance terrorism by supplying them with arms to destroy Islamic countries. They hire puppets like Carsten Juste to stir-up the hatred of racist to further empower the wars.

We are all responsible for their deaths.
edit on 4 6 2015 by glend because: (no reason given)

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join