It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Patriot Act Set To Expire Tonight At Midnight

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
It'll pass because the cesspool that passes for DC won't relinquish power/authority/control for a second.

Na It will fail and then will likley be replaced by the super mega freedom we love America act which has 1000x more tyranny and costs 10000x as much to enforce

edit on 31-5-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   
detroit
there is the result of no hope
its changed
recently
should be safe there, well, from terrorists anyway

edit on Sunpm5b20155America/Chicago45 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

Look at this site as a microcosm of the world.

We have Americans here fighting for the repeal of the 1st and 2nd Amendments.

People hate the responsibility that comes with freedom.

Our population has already ceded freedom for security.

Freedom, liberty is openly mocked now.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

It'll pass because the cesspool that passes for DC won't relinquish power/authority/control for a second.

Na It fail and then will likley be replaced by the super mega freedom we love America act which has 1000x more tyranny and costs 10000x as much to enforce

You are spot on, my friend.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Our population has already ceded freedom for security. Freedom, liberty is openly mocked now

I agree.

That's why it is important now to fight and not give up .

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

boiling frog and crab in a bucket
(the other crabs pull you back in if you try to escape)

on a positive note:
with all the researching and writing we do about these matters:
in the last ten years i have noticed that people are starting to wake up and notice some aspect or other of this whole mess if for no other reason then that there is so much of it, that it is bound to touch every one's life sooner or later.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
If they fail to act, look for a false flag pretty soon. Very convenient that Jade Helm exercise is happening right around the time it finishes, almost like they're training for just in case it DOES go out.
edit on 31-5-2015 by AnIntellectualRedneck because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-5-2015 by AnIntellectualRedneck because: random things cut out

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Danbones

While I value what others have to say, while I work inside my small community in real life, what I personally say here has very little impact, in my humble.

I don't know if I've ever changed a mind or cleared a misconception.

The Patriot Act, like NDAA, TSA, etc was put in place to monitor us, regardless as to whether there was ever a terrorist threat or not.

It's not for our safety and security.

It is for the safety and security of those in power.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   

good choice but i have to say screw RAND Paul, in favor of electing Ron Paul. Totally way more wiser.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I have a question. Lets say The Patriot Act gets binned, will all of the coinciding heaps of crap like the TSA molestation of citizens come to an end?

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arrestme

good choice but i have to say screw RAND Paul, in favor of electing Ron Paul. Totally way more wiser.

Wouldn't it be great if he choose his dad for a running mate !

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

The authorization may expire, but the activities will continue.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Will they dismantle the NSA and close all their data centers?

I don't think so.

The US government does not give a damn about its citizens. Power has been abstracted away from democracy.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
If this law expires, who gets to "verify" any violations?

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

And that's just one reason why he will never get into office. Our corrupt system won't allow it. We'll probably be forced to deal with another Clinton or Bush.

He will get thrown to the wolf by his own party just like they did to his father. They will label him as radical and crazy and the drones will digest it without even chewing.

You ever asked a republican what examples they could give where Ron Paul was crazy and they look at you like a deer looking at headlights.
edit on 31531America/ChicagoSun, 31 May 2015 17:31:44 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
If this law expires, who gets to "verify" any violations?

That's easy to do, they can't put the programs that violate it into the budget. With no budget for equipment or personnel to run the program, at the time of the next budget submission it disappears.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I left and I thought when I came back this thread would be farther along .

I hope everyone realizes how close this actually is . It was voted down last week by three votes . One of those three votes has switched sides .

Heading into a closed-door meeting, Republican Sen. Mark Kirk of Illinois told reporters that he would support the House-passed bill, which he had opposed just last week.

Another opponent of reining in the NSA, Sen. Orin Hatch of Utah, said he'd "like to solve this problem tonight."

"If we could, one way or another. I think most senators probably feel that way," Hatch said. "It depends on the senator from Kentucky ... if he decides to filibuster there isn't a heck of a lot we can do about it 'til Thursday."

source

You're seeing American politics at their finest. Rand is making the patriot act the cornerstone of his campaign . The litmus test will be by the end of the week to see if the checkbooks opened up and the polls shift .

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Look at this site as a microcosm of the world.

We have Americans here fighting for the repeal of the 1st and 2nd Amendments.

People hate the responsibility that comes with freedom.

Our population has already ceded freedom for security.

Freedom, liberty is openly mocked now.

Great post.......Really it is spot on. Truth be told we are screwed. The younger generations are taught at a very young age with webcams and a completely connected world privacy is a thing of a past now mix that with zero tolerance teaching them fighting back is never an option and what do you get.......Weakness and apathy that will cause the constitution to fail in the next 50 years.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: shaneslaughta
I have a question. Lets say The Patriot Act gets binned, will all of the coinciding heaps of crap like the TSA molestation of citizens come to an end?
Exactly, see that stuff really needs to stop along with all the threat fusion centers. All that crap.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   
PATRIOT has always been an abuse of power by the US Government, but most folks don't know what it actually allows them to do, even after the Snowden revelations. (I still question how Snowden actually got his job as a Systems Administrator and don't consider him a PATRIOT, I consider him a TRAITOR).

Snowden obtained the job on false pretenses knowing he was going to be using the information obtained to subvert the US Government, it's the very definition of treachery, no matter his motives.

Anyway, it looks like Republicans don't have the votes to pass the renewal of their OWN bill, proving that the GOP is completely unfit to Govern. This isn't the first bill not to pass since they took over in November, and likely won't be the last.

Under their own rules for allowing votes, Boehner and McConnell should both resign.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join