It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Melbourne mother crippled by flu jab

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I wonder if she was allergic to eggs and is suffering from what is nicknamed Barrs Syndrome. It's uncommon but her symptoms match others I've heard of being reported. Most victims eventually recover although it can be fatal in rare cases. Flag and my best,

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
Some should get the shot, some should not.

But everyone should be free to make the choice for themselves.

For the most part the are. I work in healthcare and my FOC is removed, not happy.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   

For the most part the are. I work in healthcare and my FOC is removed, not happy.

I work in Healthcare also and I disagree.

Your freedom of choice is not removed, you could easily choose to leave healthcare and not have to worry about requirements for a flu shot if you work in a clinical setting.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA

I work in Healthcare also and I disagree.

Your freedom of choice is not removed, you could easily choose to leave healthcare and not have to worry about requirements for a flu shot if you work in a clinical setting.

It is, in the sense that you can't keep your job unless you get a useless shot you do not need. Not everyone can quite simply change fields overnight.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

It is, in the sense that you can't keep your job unless you get a useless shot you do not need. Not everyone can quite simply change fields overnight.

Were you made aware of the requirements before you took the job?

Useless for protection of your clients?
edit on 5/30/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Were you made aware of the requirements before you took the job?

Useless for protection of your clients?

It was not a requirement when I took the job. It then became voluntary. It's now mandatory. I agree for those who sign up for a job knowing it's mandatory they have no reason to complain. In this situation the rules were changed after the game started.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Yeah. Well, workplace drug testing took some people by surprise too.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   

I don't know of any potential life altering side effects of peeing in a cup.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Yeah. Well, how about health care clients being exposed to an infected health care provider?
Anything like a stoned truck driver being a danger to other drivers?

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Yeah. Well, how about health care clients being exposed to an infected health care provider?
Anything like a stoned truck driver being a danger to other drivers?

Mask worn during the entire flu season and good hand hygiene, and you don't work if ill. No one is saying you should come in while infected and sneeze on patients.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 12:28 AM
link   
nope....there's better preventions....lots of them....
I read several right here at A T S threads... vitamin D, and did you know elderberry stops virus at the cell wall....

edit on 31-5-2015 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

edit on 31-5-2015 by GBP/JPY because: yessirrr

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

Shaking a bone rattle works too, I hear.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 01:25 AM
link   

elderberry stops virus at the cell wall....

citation required

FFS - do you just pull this crap out your arse ?

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Wow, the lady in the UK in Danbones link became ill & developed Guillain-Barre in March of 2006.

www.dailymail.co.uk... tml

I was life flighted here in the US with it on April Fool's Day 2006!
The first thing the neurologist asked me when I was unloaded from the helicopter,
was if I had had the 1976 flu vaccine! (I hadn't! My G-B turned out to be from Lyme.)

But I was living in Hawaii back then & I remember the shots being given at the Ala Moana Mall.
And I remember the newspaper headlines after that saying 25 people had died from the flu shots.
What I don't remember for sure, is if all 25 deaths were from Hawaii or not.

I tried to research it a few years back, but the newspaper archives don't go that far back online!
Scary stuff!
WOQ

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 04:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dark Ghost
a reply to: ignorant_ape

It depends how you define "safe". Safe following the intended instrument's use, or completely risk free even with misuse are two completely different considerations. You are correct that in terms of the latter, nothing fits that description. But in this context I meant safe as in the vaccine's intended purpose.

The definition of safety when applied to the flu vaccine is that it is several orders safer than the flu itself and the chances of a severe adverse event are close to zero.

To get a vaccine (or anything for that matter) to be 100% safe, every human in the world would need to be tested with it.

So for you to be complaining about vaccines not being 100% safe I can only assume that you must be in favour of every single person having them.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Shaking a bone rattle works too, I hear.

You have to face south-east though otherwise it's not 100% effective.

And cross your fingers.
Don't forget the fingers.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 04:35 AM
link   

I don't know of any potential life altering side effects of peeing in a cup.

What about losing your job and being rendered unemployable?
I'd say that was pretty life-altering.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Pardon?

Which has nothing to do at all with my statement about peeing in a cup can't hurt you. Or maybe you can source the medical ramifications for me?

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 05:13 AM
link   
an annecdone on corroletion and causality :

this is hillarious

a friend of mine has recently had a series of vaccinations as a pre-requisite for working overseas

and 10 days after the last jab is now in hospital with an array of symptoms

his anti vax partner is screaming " vaccine side effects "

the kicker is - she is ignoring the illegal rave they went to 3 days prior [ to hositalisation ] and the cocktail of alcahol and drugs consumed

she is off work at home - with mild symptoms mimicking her partner [ and as far as aware - has nad no vaccines ]

you cannot make this crap up

but anti vaxers can and do

go figure

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 05:16 AM
link   

a reply to: Pardon?

Which has nothing to do at all with my statement about peeing in a cup can't hurt you. Or maybe you can source the medical ramifications for me?

I was being pedantic.

I used to work with blood and blood products and I don't remember anyone at all in my field protesting when mandatory hepatitis vaccines were introduced.
You refused it, you lost your job.
Simple as that.
I don't know of anyone who refused it or lost their job.

But then again, the ridiculous amounts of misinformation and lies about vaccines weren't around then either.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join