It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Melbourne mother crippled by flu jab

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on May, 30 2015 @ 06:02 AM
link   

A Melbourne mother believes a routine flu shot left her crippled and trapped in her own body.

Once a happy and loving mother of three, Kathy Watson Jones was left paralysed by a rare condition, where the body's immune system attacks the nervous system.

"I can't even feed myself," she told 7News.

"I can't wipe my face, can't blow my nose, I can't do anything."

The 45-year-old claims her body started to shut down the day she was given a flu shot at her work.

(Story)

In addition to the fact that an otherwise normal, happy and healthy woman has now been left paralysed after having a regular flu shot, what concerns me about this story are the following two seemingly contradictory sentences:

Medical experts say there is no evidence to suggest her condition was caused by the vaccine.

They say it does happen to 'one in a million' who have the influenza jab but it should not deter anyone from being vaccinated.

WTF!

There is a risk that you may become paralysed as a result of taking a flu jab, but you should still have it anyway?

REALLY?

IF vaccines are not 100% safe then they should not be commercially available.

Cue the hard-line pro-vaccine crowd, telling me how "I don't understand science" and how "the minuscule risk is worth it for the amount of lives (supposedly) saved".

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 06:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dark Ghost

There is a risk that you may become paralysed as a result of taking a flu jab, but you should still have it anyway?

EVERYTHING is risky, to some extent.

An aspirin can paralyze you, as well. It's not "evil vaccines". You've got a miniscule chance that any food or medicine will cause a reaction of some sort.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

Question is what are the odds of having a more serious reaction from Influenza if you are not vaccinated. Which is more likely?

Part of the equation is demographics. Some demographics are unlikely to be harmed, some are much more likely. Some should get the shot, some should not.
edit on 30-5-2015 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 06:13 AM
link   

IF vaccines are not 100% safe then they should not be commercially available.

then do you believe that nothing should be availiable copmmercialy

because nothing is 100% safe

if you believe otherwise - citation required

or just post what you " think " is 100 % safe - and i will supply the rebuttal

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

It depends how you define "safe". Safe following the intended instrument's use, or completely risk free even with misuse are two completely different considerations. You are correct that in terms of the latter, nothing fits that description. But in this context I meant safe as in the vaccine's intended purpose.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 06:39 AM
link   
And out of the next million who contract the flu , how many will die . No brainer . If a flu comes along with a 20 percent mortality rate will you get a shot or will you still be afraid of the one in a million chance of adverse affects . Yes i thought so . FFS not everything is a conspiracy . Your kids not immunised , dont send them to my kids school . In fact all those against immunisation can send their kids to the same school . Watch the child mortality rates rise in said school . But then it would be another conspiracy i suppose . Get a grip .

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Just another reason I refuse to get a flu shot.

I find it kind of funny that I haven't had a flu shot since i was a little kid, but yet I've only had the flu about 3 times in my life.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 06:51 AM
link   

I'd rather take my chances coming down with the flu rather than risking the rest of my life being trapped in a paralyzed body. How horrible to think even if it is a rare side affect, you can become mobilized by your own decision to take a flu shot!

I'm 56 and when you reach your 50's, family doctors start pushing these shots like they're drug dealers. I never got a flu shot and I never will. If I do get the flu and it does kill me, so be it. Everyone has a day when your number is called and your time on this earth has come to an end. I would rather follow the natural course toward my demise, instead of making a decision that would make the rest of my days miserable and a living hell!

My belief is, the more you expose yourself to germs, the stronger your body creates a natural defense against them. I've been a teacher for 20 years and have been around kids coughing, vomiting, sneezing and who know what else! I don't get sick often, and if I do, it'c a one day thing where I feel a little under the weather.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: eXia7
Just another reason I refuse to get a flu shot.

I find it kind of funny that I haven't had a flu shot since i was a little kid, but yet I've only had the flu about 3 times in my life.

These shots play on peoples paranoia and fear....the most sickly of people i have ever known are the ones who immediately take large doses of antibiotics as soon as there are any symptoms,these same people are likely to get the shots....

just to clarify i am specifically talking about the flu shots not shots like MMR and alike

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   

A Melbourne mother believes

Emphasis mine.

Medical experts say there is no evidence to suggest her condition was caused by the vaccine.

They say it does happen to 'one in a million' who have the influenza jab but it should not deter anyone from being vaccinated.

But hey, let's all leap to irrational, narratively convenient conclusions, eh?
edit on 30-5-2015 by GetHyped because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
Some should get the shot, some should not.

But everyone should be free to make the choice for themselves.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622
if you are worried about unvaccinated kids at your school, then what good is your vaccine?
herd immunity? you have to be kidding?
SHOW ME THE PROOF THERE IS SUCH A THING!

I just got put on permanent disability...vaccine damage/aspergers: I am living the dream
i just taught the doctors what its all about, its amazing what they don't know about the interaction of nuero transmitters and the immune system ( where things like serotonin are made. imagine that eh?.)
I proved my view to the doctors..not the other way round

anyway to you vaccers: those are good odds?
its all good till its YOU

Swine flu jab link to killer nerve disease: Leaked letter reveals concern of neurologists over 25 deaths in America

www.dailymail.co.uk... tml

after your kid dies from the reaction to a bunch of vaccines
then they throw you in jail for shaken baby syndrome
YAY!
leeches

TAKE CAYENNE EVERY DAY
edit on Satam5b20155America/Chicago34 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on Satam5b20155America/Chicago51 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on Satam5b20155America/Chicago50 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Danbones

Just of the top of my head

In comparison to other pandemics, the Hong Kong flu yielded a low death rate, with a case-fatality ratio below 0.5% making it a category 2 disease on the Pandemic Severity Index. The pandemic infected an estimated 500,000 Hong Kong residents, 15% of the population.[4] In the United States, approximately 33,800 people died,[7] including conjoined twins Daisy and Violet Hilton in January 1969.

Yes i was there and people in towns close to me ,people in small towns died , i remember this as i was terrified of the needle . If you were truly affected by having a vacc shot i would imagine you have a good shot at suing . Remember smallpox , oh you don't . remember tuberculosis , oh you don't . It is sad indeed if you have had an adverse reaction , and i truly mean that but there are countless millions walking around today because of vaccinations .

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

you post PROOF of herd immunity, then we will talk

In his ‘Vaccine Safety Manual’, Neil Z Miller cites research which concluded increasing vaccine uptake necessary for ‘herd immunity’ ranging from “70 to 80 percent of two year olds in inner cities” in 1991 to “‘close to 100 percent coverage’…with a vaccine that is 90 to 98 percent effective.” in 1997. Miller notes that, “When the measles vaccine was introduced in 1963, officials were confident that they could eradicate the disease by 1967.”

Subsequently, new dates for eradication were pronounced as 1982, 2000 and 2010. Meanwhile, “In 1990, after examining 320 scientific works from around the world, 180 European medical doctors concluded that ‘the eradication of measles…would today appear to be an unrealistic goal.’” And in 1984, Professor D. Levy of Johns Hopkins University had already “concluded that if current practices [of suppressing natural immunity] continue, by the year 2050 a large part of the population will be at risk and ‘there could in theory be over 25,000 fatal cases of measles in the U.S.A.'”

vaccinechoicecanada.com...

one can't take a vaccine maker to court in some countries for the same reason its illegal to question the holocaust in some countries

On very rare occasions, they may develop GBS in the days or weeks after getting a vaccination.
www.cdc.gov...
to paraphrase clinton on the word IS
is depends on what is your definition is of "rare" is
edit on Satam5b20155America/Chicago13 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   
time.com...

I am sure the kids will thank everyone for this .

I say again , SMALLPOX .
edit on 30-5-2015 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-5-2015 by hutch622 because: spelling again .

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   

this book tends to find fault with vaccines, therefore readers are advised to balance the data presented here with data presented by “official” sources of vaccine information, including vaccine manufacturers, the FDA, CDC and World Health Organization.

Really , you quote miller . That is lemmings mentality .

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
Some should get the shot, some should not.

But everyone should be free to make the choice for themselves.

I was scrolling down to post that exact comment.

CHOICE!!!
Let people choose to be vaccinated!

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Any and all vaccines can be a risk to a given individual, but overall, they present a net gain.

That said, I feel we should be exploring ways to do all of this a bit differently but there is a lot of money involved in our current methods (from infrastructure to R&D). I feel that there might be options that boost our overall immune system without compromise, but that isn't currently available and would also cause a loss of money to some very large industries.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   

and WHOOOSH - the goal posts moved .

didnt expect that in an anti vax thread

ok - using your new definition - is pennecillin safe ?

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
This kills me
We are told that its safe but its not, we are told that the MMR vaccine is safe when its not.

Putting a virus in a human being is relatively safe, its not safe.

Why not just tell the truth.

I am against the MMR vaccine being administered in so young a child as a triple dose. I agree that vaccines are necessary.

I have had the flu jab and I was aware there was a risk, its a virus being injected into your body.

Bad stuff happens

<<   2  3 >>

join