It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rant for Singles

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 01:57 AM
link   
a reply to: StratosFear

Yeh, the lame stuff you guys think its cool

cars- u act like kids
Xbox-c24h and u still don't have enoug?
startrack- Jesus don't get me started

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: MimiSiaThere are good and bad things about being single. Just like not being single. But the two that I struggle with mostly is being alone sometimes, and being lonely sometimes. Add to the fact that I am 64 yrs old makes it even more of a struggle to keep from being a kermagon.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Ceeker63

there is this wonderful man in my life that is 64y

he split from his wife but she can't go anywhere so he is "stuck with her"

what terrifies him is that he has no kids of his own - literraly no one..
she reminds him of that everyday and everyday he is somewhere where he hates to be but affraid of being alone.

I tell u this

I am 28 but god that man is something
omg
he handsome, active, hilarious, kind, he smells good too
)

and he is like woman will not want me because I am completely bold

lol

I want him to find a good woman he deserves
actually my neighbor would be perfect for him
but I can't knock on her door and say hey u want to hook up with someone

the social opportunities are so limited
like where do u meet someone

edit on 30-5-2015 by MimiSia because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: MimiSia
is anyone gay or bi here?

general add

Not I, but you just made me LOL.

I spent a week one time pretending to be gay (in my head).. Just to try to understand it. Try to figure out if it's a choice or it's natural or whatever.. I grew up hippy, gay people never scared me..

Only conclusion I could draw from the experiment besides the fact I can't choose to be gay, is that Ryan Gosling is too cute, and I wouldn't mind Mathew Maconahay chopping wood in the back as I watch from the kitchen window..

Hahaha...

I am not even kidding.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: KnightLight

I hear ya

nice ass is a nice ass... hey

I thought u would be more into bad boys

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   

wait ryan gosling? * never know names

oh yum hell yeah

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   

I hear ya

nice ass is a nice ass... hey

I thought u would be more into bad boys

Bad boys try too hard.

I like fun guys.. Smiles and eyes.

That guy who makes fun of himself, can wear a pink shirt, can talk to a two year old, and can kill a man with his bare hands?? YES!

I went too gay.. Now my brain is sending me Emma Stone signals.
I'm dangerously close to watching a crazy stupid love.. ahhh alone.. Cause I'm single..
wait hold on....
Yep, still got all the balls. Movie Time.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   

that is one of my favorite movies
you know the scene she jumps on him in the glass house
omg

movie time..

the movie gone girl is about me

I always wanted to go on a cyber movie date..

this link is to the full movie(I hope it works) so don't open it

m.youtube.com...

she is a psycho.. it is an acquired taste.. but I watch it one day again
we can watch it at the same time

or u pick one ..
edit on 30-5-2015 by MimiSia because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I have been single for.. over ten years and under fifteen, heh.

There was one period in that time frame that I attempted to settle and I thought I could "fake it till I made it," but it certainly wasn't a success (which is a relief in hindsight).

I feel there are about equal pros and cons about being single or being in a relationship. But, there is definitely a social pressure to maintain the status quo. I have never understood the need to find self worth and happiness in someone else.

At this point, I have just stopped looking as I felt it is a total waste of time for me when I have much more important things to do. There have been some strong temptations though.. It can be difficult to resist an attractive, intelligent woman.

Now that I have some health issues though, which limits my overall abilities as well as income, it does all the "work" for me as long as I bring it up right away.

At this point, I wouldn't even know how to not be single! And I've never been happier.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   

that is one of my favorite movies
you know the scene she jumps on him in the glass house
omg

I couldn't tell you how many times I've seen it. HOT.

It's basically a perfect movie.

the movie gone girl is about me

I always wanted to go on a cyber movie date..

she is a psycho.. it is an acquired taste.. but I watch it one day again
we can watch it at the same time

or u pick one ..

You do look a little psycho..
like you might pedal in circles looking for things to kill in your driveway kind of.

I havn't even seen it.

Sounds like fun.

edit on 30-5-2015 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

so how do you spend your free time?

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: MimiSia

I explore the world around and within me through science. Or, more specifically, my own interpretation of the scientific method.

I have to take a lot of breaks due to pain, but my inventions and theories have been groundbreaking enough to receive open funding for my own lab. Even with the knowledge that I can't work normally.

I have dedicated my entire life to creating methods and devices that help people gain self sufficiency regardless of circumstance. It is all done open source, but like everything else, my own interpretation of what "open source" is all about. My name will never be attached to any of it, and no one will ever know what I have done.

My motto is "if you aren't hacking my products, you aren't doing your part." I have also created a forum (not the internet kind) to facilitate advancement rather than profit, as well as a pay system that focuses on real world value contributions of the individual, rather than one based on arbitrary position.

During periods of extreme pain, I do the typical guy stuff that you pointed out a bit further up the page.
I prefer Doctor Who over Star Trek though, even if I enjoy both. Also a big fan of IDPA and USPSA, even if I can't participate too often.

Really, it's kind of a tough question to answer without writing a book.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

wow

I am sorry to hear you are in pain.

I will come back to your reply
is 2am here hope I can get more answers from you

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Seven broken vertebrae will do that..
And with severe osteoporosis, they don't heal, they just break more! It's been several years like this. There are other minor issues too (ruptured discs, artifical hip, etc.) but those are all pretty minor in comparison. I do wish it would have all happened later in life though.

In a lot of ways, I'm happy I made the whole 'remain single' decision before this all occurred. It's amazing how quickly people leave when things like this happen!
edit on 30-5-2015 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   

I miss passion, I miss intimacy, I miss having someone in my life worth sharing those things with. I miss adoring, and being adored, and not giving a damn how many hours there are till the sun rises, as long as what is being felt mutually continues just that little bit longer. I miss cuddling up on a couch, and being entwined with someone I care about. I miss being stimulated on that level.

I also miss feeling like there is any chance what so ever that someone crazy enough to want to do those things with me, would also be sane enough to be able to deal with committing to something deep. Personally, I am too tired to cling to hope in that regard, and I have other things going on in my life, which though positive, take up a great deal of my time at the moment! It's been more than two years now, so at this point I am pretty much done with the whole thing. Unless someone comes along who somehow explodes my cranium in new and interesting ways, I think its about time I hung up my hat, when it comes to romance. Either I am bad at it, or there are too many crazy folk about to make it worth risking, at least, that is how it is right now for me!

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

describe ur ideal woman

if u can

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I honestly cannot recall the last serious relationship(was there ever one?), and I am 27.

Single life is all I know. There are days I wish I could share my life with someone else. However most days I just don't acknowledge the fact that I am lonely.

Pretty much given up on the idea of a significant other at this point.

The funny part is I used to have trust issues(warranted). Over that this point in my life and its still nigh impossible to scare up a date.

I don't look and thats probably the problem.

At the end of the day at least I can empathize with myself.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Theprimevoyager

what month? ur DOB

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 01:18 AM
link   

a reply to: Theprimevoyager

what month? ur DOB
July 4th.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 02:24 AM
link   

are u me with balls?

seriously wtf

edit on 31-5-2015 by MimiSia because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join