It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia has army of "internet trolls?" minipulating the internet? So what so do we!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Fox news

Deep inside a four-story marble building in St. Petersburg, hundreds of workers tap away at computers on the front lines of an information war, say those who have been inside. Known as "Kremlin trolls," the men and women work 12-hour shifts around the clock, flooding the Internet with propaganda aimed at stamping President Vladimir Putin's world vision on Russia, and the world.

It's not like we would do this right? Oh we started working on software to do it for us years ago?

The Guardian

The US military is developing software that will let it secretly manipulate social media sites by using fake online personas to influence internet conversations and spread pro-American propaganda.

Who uses humans to do anything anymore.?? Russia is way behind on the curve.

edit on 29-5-2015 by Vaedur because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Yeah, I think a lot of them reside here at ATS. LOL

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Fox News say:

RUSSIA BAD!!!
'MERICA GOOD!!!
So what's new?

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Vaedur

Ol Vlad the infailure and his band of merry men (and women - just to be PC here) affect me exactly zero.....but I love his propaganda long time - he so big he pay double. (a lady(boy) in Thailand told me that once - and was being honest with me........apparently)

Incorrect grammar used in that sentence therefore RT is a source best served cold.

I'm on Captain Morgan tonight, best stay away.

What was the topic again?

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

Well about Israel? They've got an internet troll agency too. JIDF. Bad or good?

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   
guess he couldnt keep the lid on it much longer
and I thought we were in charge of that kind of

probably it's all about 'hate usa, hate usa, etc'

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boeing777
a reply to: the owlbear

Well about Israel? They've got an internet troll agency too. JIDF. Bad or good?

Fox News say:

ISRAEL GOOD!!!
MUSLIMS BAD!!!

The why and how are the only things that change...

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   
So does the US, the UK, Israel......and they do infiltrate forums in hopes of influencing popular opinion. Big oil has some too, but I'm pretty sure they outsource most of them to right-wing think tanks like Heartland Institute, they are also out there just to write good reviews on their products and bad reviews on their competitors.

Next election cycle, pay attention to who comes out of the wood works to endorse or slander someone up for the election. They are out there and have been here for a long time. This is nothing new.

Check this thread out:
Look no further~ The Gentleperson's Guide To Forum Spies

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I thought we got rid of them.. There was a time that was more peaceful.. But some stayed and became more cooperative and maybe they liked the site and stayed without pay)
But i see new ones .. Well, maybe they get tired of their paid propaganda too someday.

I feel sorry for them, life as "telemarketer" cannot be easy.. so lets have some mercy on them

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   
along with monsanto too..

seems to be a trending thing now!

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Russia has army of "internet trolls?" minipulating the internet? So what so do we!

Give up your rights,privacy , anomity . Oh wait we already did this. Next step is to control what gets posted on the internet and what you get access to.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I've said it before and I say it again with my earnest voice: There are no US propaganda trolls on internet chatrooms or message boards. Geez... luckily I happened to be here so I can be the voice of reason and challenge such extreme claims and extremist anti US thinking such claims and "articles" represent.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   

ooh. they (fox zionist agents) must be desperate... is this news again ?

since we are at paid trolls and shills let's add these, ok!?
Israel paying students to spread pro-Israeli propaganda online.
in perpetum rei memorium.

edit on 29/5/2015 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: ilpero

There are no US propaganda trolls on internet chatrooms or message boards.

While mostly true and Interesting enough , you go to the real world and the US propaganda trolls outnumber the virtual trolls by far.

Inetersting enough as well, politicians continue to cheat,lie, and steal from the people and yet nothing changes. Perhaps the online trolls and the majority of real americans should switch for a while?

Keep in mind, the majority of the MSM and hollywood content is US propaganda which also far outnumbers any online trolls.
edit on 22531America/ChicagoFri, 29 May 2015 10:22:35 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

telemarketer"

Excellent choice of words. I really like that comparison good job!!

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   

It's Fox news for crying out loud, and isn't it always funny how these trolls ''secretly manipulate social media sites by using fake online personas to influence internet conversations and spread pro-American propaganda''. Like people are so weak minded that they let trolls influence their own thinking anyway. No amount of trolls, Russian or American, can defeat well educated & knowledgeable people, I guess there lies the problem.

Fox News: Insulting viewers & readers since 1996.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   

The recent IRS hack many believe may have originated from Russia...here is the article.

www.cnn.com...

edit on 2015-05-29T11:15:19-05:00amFridayam2920155America/Chicagoam by caladonea because: edit

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: w8tn4it
Yeah, I think a lot of them reside here at ATS. LOL

There a are deffinatly 1 or 2.

You can tell as they are obviously reading from scripts they cant deviate from.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

You can tell as they are obviously reading from scripts they cant deviate from.

Usually without links, or if there are links, it's to some site you've never heard of before with someone else's fact-less opinions and drool haha

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
This is what people are paid for nowadays.
This is what people call a "job".
This is when they arrogantly claim "I don't lay on the bag of the nation, I work righteously"

What a decline. Beam me up Scotty, this world is unbearable.

top topics

join