It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Misunderstood biker enthusiast hold Mohammed drawing.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 12:15 AM
link   
People are practicing their first amendment rights. And I applaud this, I can stand up for men that say we are not afraid. While their choice of location is a provocation. I still support their right to say what is on their mind. I support this right in the same spirit I supported The building of a mosque near ground zero 911. I support freedom of speech in both Ferguson in Baltimore among other places. I support the right of anti-Israel people to hold rallies at Israel's embassy.

I don't necessarily agree with the views of the protesters. But I fully support their rights as granted to them under the First Amendment and as a matter of fact the Second Amendment.

This coming rally is indeed A stance on freedom of speech. Whether you love their opinion or hate it they are entitled to it. Once we start censoring one group it will be far too easy to censor everybody.

We’ll find out Friday, when two organizers — Jon Ritzheimer and Flash Nelson — host what’s being billed as a peaceful demonstration outside the Islamic Community Center in Phoenix. It’s the former site of worship for Elton Simpson and Nadir Soofi, who were killed after opening fire outside a May 3 contest featuring cartoons of the Prophet Mohammed in suburban Dallas. Simpson had no direct link to the Islamic State but was sympathetic to its cause. Many Muslims consider depictions of Mohammed

source

I started a earlier thread on this. It was closed and I agree with the mods because it got heated pretty quickly. So on this thread I would prefer to stick to First Amendment rights in lieu of any ideology.

irregardless my question is.

Do you support the first amendment yes or no? If yes in my opinion you should get used to the fact that some opinions are going to sting.

If nonI wish you all the luck in the world.

edit on 29-5-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   
well, "blasphemy" should be done so often that it is no longer considered interesting when people do it. I see no reason why islam should be excluded from this.

1st amendment rights? sure. but there are consequences. It sucks that people will murder someone because they got offended. Will these bikers run into trouble? probably not, but someone less protected may become emboldened and do the same and have a different result.

But all for freedom of expression, even if its something I disagree with (which in this case I dont..see first sentence for why).

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

Absolutely. The First Amendment allows the oppressed to speak out against tyranny. There are many people who use their freedom of speech to thoroughly annoy me, but it's their right to do so.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Yup

That's the funny thing about personal rights. You have to live them and allow everyone to do the same. If you fail to do so your own personal rights will suffer.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   

They have every right to do it, just like we have every right to call then stupid bigots who are just trying to antiganize.

And not be called isis sympathizing America hating individuals.

The funny thing is that Hebdo would be against this just like they were against Gellar.

edit on thFri, 29 May 2015 00:39:23 -0500America/Chicago520152380 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Let's keep the heat down on this thread please. I fully support Muslims rights to hold a counterrally. Because that's what freedom of speech is all about.

The funny thing is I support Pam Gellers rights also. Just as I would support Isis's right to protest in public. As long as they didn't blow up or chop anyone's heads off.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Yes they have the right to do, but it doesn't mean it is some fantastic event because they are doing it.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Just live and let live.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Yes they have the right to do, but it doesn't mean it is some fantastic event because they are doing it.

Any event that supports the first Admendment is outstanding in my opinion. Because if you don't support the The peoples right to give both opinions. By default you do not support the first amendment.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Dude...I'll say it again, third time now, I one hundred percent agree they have the right to do this.

I can also say it is not a good idea, with the same right.

If there was actually a law on the books, or becoming one, then sure protest away.
As it stands, they can draw away anytime they want.

They are blaming this whole mosque for the actions of two people and acting like it is some sort of ISIS training ground.

Which is funny because they are going to come armed...
What is gun owners stance on blaming the many for the actions of a few?

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 01:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Dude...I'll say it again, third time now, I one hundred percent agree they have the right to do this.

I can also say it is not a good idea, with the same right.

If there was actually a law on the books, or becoming one, then sure protest away.
As it stands, they can draw away anytime they want.

They are blaming this whole mosque for the actions of two people and acting like it is some sort of ISIS training ground.

Which is funny because they are going to come armed...
What is gun owners stance on blaming the many for the actions of a few?

Dude, and in return I will agree with you for the third. Unfortunately I don't like to agree and then shift the. I prefer to make all the information none instead of one side.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 01:02 AM
link   

The whole point of this rally is freedom of speech, we are not gonna let fear drive us and that is what drives the left. The point is no rag tag group of terrorist with bugger fingers held in the air are going to decree what we can and cannot do.I fully support the bikers, it's not about hating Islam as many are claiming it's about excerising our freedom on our land without fear of reprisal, also it gives anyone who has a problem with it a place to meet, to either compromise or fight.put up or shut up

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Here in America we draw everything. We Laugh at everything. We love and hate everything. We are free.

You can't stand America? Get the # out.

I support more radical kill zones like this.

Cheers

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 01:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

The whole point of this rally is freedom of speech, we are not gonna let fear drive us and that is what drives the left. The point is no rag tag group of terrorist with bugger fingers held in the air are going to decree what we can and cannot do.I fully support the bikers, it's not about hating Islam as many are claiming it's about excerising our freedom on our land without fear of reprisal, also it gives anyone who has a problem with it a place to meet, to either compromise or fight.put up or shut up

I agree

Another point is that most people are missing the irony of this topic. They have failed to listen to Ned. He explains freedom of speech the best I've ever heard in this call. If you listen to the entire thing there's absolutely no way you cannot find humor in this situation in Lieu of agony.

Listen to this entire video. There is absolutely no way you could still be upset after you hear this and it's entirely. Because is usual political correctness is a Oxymoron !

Warning extreme language. But the language is used for amusement not aggression !!

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 01:22 AM
link   
What purpose does it serve? To mock other Americans for their own beliefs? To mock Muslims for exercising their own freedom of speech? The entire thing has a negative undertone to it, and serves no benefit to anyone. What will it accomplish? Nothing.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Sremmos how it feel knowing if you draw a picture of muhamed you might get shot,up or maybe your head cut off in America. Makes you feel good people are willing to bow to the demands of a violent people in order to not offend to not antangoize . screw that your scared and anyone who acts like you is scared. That's not my America sorry
edit on 29-5-2015 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: OhOkYeah

No the purpose is to exercise your first amendment right.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 01:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse
a reply to: OhOkYeah

No the purpose is to exercise your first amendment right.

That is great and all but what purpose does it serve to mock and attempt to humiliate other Americans?

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Even the president of ICCP said this:

Everybody has a right to be a bigot. Everybody has a right to be a racist. Everybody has a right to be an idiot

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Where am I asking for people to bow to the demands of violent people?

I just don't believe that since two lunatics used to pray at this mosque that it is not a jihadist training ground

I don't blame the many for the actions of the few.

I also don't like the stance that people are taking that some how these people are not american cause of what those guys did.

My only issue with this is that the location they choose, it just screams that their sole goal is to antagonize people that had nothing to do with what those two in texas did.
edit on thFri, 29 May 2015 01:36:54 -0500America/Chicago520155480 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join