It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Galactic Christianity - the only way to save the teaching of Jesus Christ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

And even less Muslim civilization. What is your point ?

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka

And even less Muslim civilization. What is your point ?

What's my point? There is no such thing as a Christian civilization. That's my point.

Further, How can Christians expect to spread Christianity to the galaxy when they haven't been able to apply its tenets here on Earth.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: 2012newstart

Nuclear war will put an end not only of Christian civilization

For goodness sake! Where, on God's green earth, is there anything anywhere that even remotely resembles a "Christian Civilization"?

Jeb Bush signed into law a measure that gave ownership of the Catholic-only town of Ave Maria in Florida to Tom Monaghan's Ave Maria Development Company "in perpetuity". Bush later praised this civil liberties-free zone at the ground-breaking ceremony. If you want to find a Puritan "Christian Civilization" in today modern world, look no further.

Ave Maria University's Strangle-Hold on Women Goes Way Beyond Suing Obamacare
www.dailykos.com...

Ave Maria believes that any action specifically intended to prevent procreation including contraception and sterilization is morally wrong.

Look close at their wording: "any action..."

I would relish some activists moving in and suing Monaghan and the town because whether he likes it or not it is part of the US and should abide by all of the Constitution, not just the parts he likes.

What a colossal dick, this guy. A really reprehensible human being.
But, praise God, he has restored Christian civilization!!! A modern
day William Pen, sent my God to sell pizza and save the faith.

The law makes landowners, not registered voters, the ultimate authority in Ave Maria. The law ensures Monaghan and Barron Collier Cos., as the largest landowners, can control Ave Maria's government forever.
www.naplesnews.com...

Lots of pictures:
www.dailymail.co.uk... founder.html

edit on 28-5-2015 by wasaka because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Instead of Fire and ice, in your point of view what is needed to meet the requirements? All i see is propaganda.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

All i see is propaganda.

Exactly! That's all I see too!

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Religion is one of the major problems with the world today. Religion is stupid. Try to explain your Christian religon to an alien. Think about its dogma and tenants objectively and how can you not come to the conclusion that the whole premise is laughable. No one is going to do the heavy spiritual lifting for you, you've got to do it by yourself.
edit on 28-5-2015 by HUMBLEONE because: Religion? Religon

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Humanity will learn the teachings of Christ, regardless. His teachings are not "in danger", but most Christians follow Paul and yahweh instead of Christ, so it causes confusion about how the world perceives Christ; but the sayings of Christ (love thy neighbour, forgive and turn the other cheek) remains as true teachings if the world desires Peace.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: HUMBLEONE
Religion is one of the major problems with the world today. Religion is stupid. Try to explain your Christian religon to an alien. Think about its dogma and tenants objectively and how can you not come to the conclusion that the whole premise is laughable. No one is going to do the heavy spiritual lifting for you, you've got to do it by yourself.

If the aliens are so highly advanced, then why worry?

And if they have been observing this planet for a long time, don't you think maybe they might already know our religions?

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: 2012newstart

Any of your thoughts about the Galactic meaning of being follower of Jesus Christ, are welcome! Do we baptise aliens, or do we accept some of them as non-committing original sins, and how we represent to them what we know of Jesus Christ.

That was already covered by C.S. Lewis' Space Trilogy. Basically, the other planets aren't as bad off as we are. No baptism necessary.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 02:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: HUMBLEONE
Religion is one of the major problems with the world today. Religion is stupid.

Everything which is exaggerated is meaningless.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   
The Bible is a collection of stories. These stories are not real. Jesus is not real. Nobody can die and then be brought to life. He never cured illnesses and can't walk on water. These things are not real and are just stories.
edit on 30-5-2015 by thighs because: i make mistakes

top topics

<< 1   >>

join