It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Galactic Christianity - the only way to save the teaching of Jesus Christ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Christianity today is formally confessed by some 2.5 bln people. So formally, that catholic countries vote for new teachings not supported by catholic hierarchy.

Christianity is a failed religion, in terms it failed to secure the promises given to its followers, for a Kingdom of Heaven built on Earth, for already 20 centuries in which 15 centuries Christian churches and monarchs had undisputed upper hand in ruling the Christendom.
Certainly not assuring the Second Coming of Christ in real time, or any time soon. But also nowhere near to personal expectations after one's following the teaching and commandments for decades. The promise of reward in an obscure Heaven in clouds is as messed up as the rest of stuff. Where is that heaven, in a galaxy far away, or what?

Will the teaching of Jesus Christ be saved in its best form, if it moves to become Galactic? If Jesus Christ has died and resurrected not only of planet earth but for everyone in the galaxies? Then it could make more sense. Because it is apparent, for earth it didn't bring much fruit already 20 centuries, amid crusades and inquisitors. Perhaps the other guys up there in the galaxies will bring more fruit to make more useful the sacrifice of the Son of God.

Does it mean the current Christian leadership on earth should strive to, and not postpone until the end, to admit truths of angels etc, that will help the unavoidable Disclosure of ET life, followed by ET public contact?

I don't see any future of today's Christianity in the form we know it, in only 50 years from now. The new generations are lost. The old teaching on moral issues is abandoned. If there isn't a nuclear war, and that is a big IF, today's secularized world will progress towards a total abandonment of core Christian values.

Many devote people expect a miracle of some sort to stop that trend. But the miracles were already done. The miracle is we the people, our consciousness. Not necessarily Armageddon. There aren't the prerequisites for that, set by Jesus Christ himself. If we still believe His words.

With the die-off of the Generation that saw Israel restored, in a matter of 5-10 years without outside intervention, one could be assured that was all about the Christianity the way we knew it for centuries.

Unless something big happens. May God grant it, but may the people do it as well!

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I'm sorry, but what do you mean by this:

If there isn't a nuclear war, and that is a big IF, today's secularized world will progress towards a total abandonment of core Christian values.

Do you think that a devastating nuclear war would leave the surviving people running to churches, because... Well, I don't know?

This sounds like a really stupid argument. Please explain, as there should be more than "Yes, a nuclear war would kill off all bad people, as God will protect his christians!".

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 06:52 AM
link   
The number of Christians has been increasing for 2000 years and the trend continues so I have no idea why you think Christianity failed.

But you also think a nuclear war or an ET disclosure would be a good thing for the Church so it's not like you are making much sense or truly get the point of Christianity anyway.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

That would be the worst case scenario. Nuclear war will put an end not only of Christian civilization, but also of the life on earth. Perhaps survivors will find shelters in deep underground bunkers for decades until the nuclear winter is over. What the humanity will look like after that, I mean the remnant survivors on devastated planet, nobody could tell now.

What I mean is just the other way around, although I thank you for making clear that way.

Christ's followers should make sure they have understood the Teacher right, and move quickly to the original meaning of the Gospels, including "go to the entire Universe, Cosmos, World" whatever word you wanna use it, it is more than one stupid planet with people who kill each other all their history. The leaders and the common Christians should stop following the script of pagan Rome who took away the true meaning of being follower of Jesus Christ, and it was never restored since then. Because Jesus didn't order crusades, inquisition, and Vatican banks.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: 2012newstart

So you are specifically saying that Christianity is a dying, so do you mean it as a religion and belief system or is it overthrown with something else and what is that something else ?
Humans have always believed in something greater, even early men believed and worshipped whether it was fire or anything they couldn´t understand. So do we understand God ? Can we say we know God and understand everything about God ? Are there in universe still issues that are unsolved are there a pattern ? have we found that theory of everything ?
So what are you saying? Could you be more specific !

Heaven? maybe parallel universe. We don´t have answers but when we do.. would it make us something different
edit on 28-5-2015 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: JUhrman

the Christianity decreases by percentage in the developed countries, and also in traditionally Christian/Catholic countries such as Latin America.

Besides, I think I made it clear, the formally enrolled as children Christians in whichever church, don't follow the teaching of their leaders in most cases. Perhaps we are talking of 5-10 % of those who are really following it. And they decrease with the age and die off. That I would call the worst disaster ever for any teaching, to have your youths going astray. Perhaps, one of the reasons, is the misunderstanding of the original teaching of Jesus Christ, by the leaders, for centuries. Therefore, they are no more followed by the masses, especially the young ones. I hope I made it clear.

Any of your thoughts about the Galactic meaning of being follower of Jesus Christ, are welcome! Do we baptise aliens, or do we accept some of them as non-committing original sins, and how we represent to them what we know of Jesus Christ.
Or do they know of him already, being visited by angels too.

We need that new theology ASAP and that is not a mere sci-fi or intellectual training. It is vital for the survival of Christianity, or we have already decided it ends up with us and our generation is the last generation ever. And that God didn't mean the other planets in His plan, only our small dirty radiated place we call home.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 07:06 AM
link   
As science is progressing, it is reaching a point of convergence with religion, it just looks at it from another perspective, same thing, different angle.

Christianity, in it's most basic form, as all religions, deals with fundamental principles of existence, the Universe and it's forces, it has just been written a long time ago and greatly manipulated, hence it's method is questionable.

Comprehend from religion that which matters, that is the key.
edit on 28-5-2015 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 07:06 AM
link   

This seems to be quite the collection of both confusion and truth you have about Christianity .Not surprising because it takes a lot of work and reading to get to the points that matter within the faith and few there be that find it .Like Islam knows that these rogue sects do not represent their faith ,so too the Christian knows that the crusades were not of Christ .

Paul as well as the other Christians at the time had a expectation of Christ's soon return but after 62-63 CE they realized that they were looking at something different . Paul wrote about it as a mystery that had been hidden and Peter seems to have agreed and went to see Paul in Rome . They realized that they needed to leave a witness for future Christians and so set out to create a cannon of scripture that we call the new testament .

This new testament in it's original order fit perfectly with the old testament arranged by Ezra . Together the new and the old make up a perfect picture with interlocking pieces . You wont find this picture in the bibles that are printed today that I am aware of but it is possible to look at the original divisions and realize the value of doing it that way .

As for Christ's return and His dying for the sin's of the world ,. I wouldn't fret too much for the aliens that might be out there because God would have surely taken them into account . He will return when He decides the time is right . Israel as a whole will have to repent and realize that it was Him they pierced . Judging by the way the Nation is acting at present ,I would say they have a way to go ....peace

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: 2012newstart

Any of your thoughts about the Galactic meaning of being follower of Jesus Christ, are welcome! .

I think if Christianity wants to continue to be successful it must evolve to become what it was always meant to be. More of a personal spiritual practice aimed at building a relationship with the divine, emulating the life of Jesus and other teachers, and less of a personality cult religion divided by petty debates over theological interpretations

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Pope Francis is ready to baptize Aliens
Link
Scientific research is not uncommon in vatican .. they have their Pontifical Academy of Sciences for that.
Link

You have lot of anger towards christianity and no understanding. Christianity is very strong in some countries take Russia for example over 80% are devoted christians. America has its bible belt ( in good and bad ). In Europe religious teachings are delivered mostly by schools and church activities also scouting is very popular in whole Europe. Mostly we let our kids make their own decision whether to believe or not, but they do get the idea what it is all about.

Maybe you just don´t know where to look ?

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

Don't think you got the point

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

Thank you for your thoughtful response. I also want to thank everyone for their contribution. I am not meant to give the answers or assessments of what you put here. Please do so!

About the parallel universes, I haven't seen them yet. What I have seen and know as a matter of science fact, thru the earth's best telescopes, that there are 400 billion stars in our own galaxy Milky Way according to latest estimates that could only grow. Andromeda (on the image above) the nearest galaxy neighbor has one trillion stars. The distances are enormous for us but not for Them.

Most surely we have been closely watched since the dawn of human civilization. Including in the period of the Christianity. And we are watched how we react on that Divine teaching, up until this moment.

It is inexcusable for the hi rank religious offices not to have a prepared answer to these questions. If they do have it, why don't they say the big picture to us? Before we are stalemate in situation to have decision for our own survival. Why aren't we allowed to decide by ourselves in free will and conditions that allow reasonable discussion, not ultimatums?

Saying that, I pause in expectation, also for the ATS server transfer.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

I don't have any anger towards Christianity, why do you say that at all, I am Christian as well and wish it the best future!!!

Whether Russia is more devote than the West, let someone else say it. We all know the situation in the deveoped countries. Shall we discuss THAT?

I'd be very thankful to anyone who wants to discuss the Galactic perspectives of the teaching of Jesus Christ. Thank you so much for your time to reading here! God bless!

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   

It is inexcusable for the hi rank religious offices not to have a prepared answer to these questions.
If they do have it, why don't they say the big picture to us?

Lol if you think they know more than us.

Maybe you should spend some time talking to priests to realize they are human beings like you and not supergenius members of a top secret organization having all the answers.

Maybe you should spend less time on ATS and more in the real world.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: JUhrman

It is inexcusable for the hi rank religious offices not to have a prepared answer to these questions.
If they do have it, why don't they say the big picture to us?

Lol if you think they know more than us.

Maybe you should spend some time talking to priests to realize they are human beings like you and not supergenius members of a top secret organization having all the answers.

Maybe you should spend less time on ATS and more in the real world.

The OP apparently doesn't understand Christianity as not being one single organization and that there are many doctrines, creeds and churches?

Russia is Eastern Orthodox, then there is also Greek Orthodox, Byzantine Orthodox, Coptic Christianity, Ethiopian Orthodox, there still is Nestorian.

Christianity somehow survived the Communist USSR, Communist Hungary, Romania and Bulgaria and it is even surviving in China.

There will always be a remnant. And that is what makes Christianity a unique religion, because Christianity is not based on one single church. People think that Constantine invented the Roman Catholic church, his mother was Byzantine and that is what he apparently converted to just before his death.

I don't know why people don't know history, they assume from today that Roman Catholicism was always the prevalent religion, it is in many countries because Roman Catholic conquistadors went to those countries. That is the only reason Latin America is Roman Catholic.

I am assuming also that the OP is under the belief that aliens would change Christianity. I am not even sure why he would think that way. And right now, there aren't Christians keeping nuclear bombs in their churches and neither do Christians have access to nuclear bombs that would cause the destruction of the planet.

Somehow the OP is under the impression that the world is aligned with Christians on one side and Muslims on the other. That simply isn't true and especially not for Europe. When a nuclear war does happen, it will be because insane people thought they have the right to destroy each other.

We didn't drop the bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki in the name of Christianity and we won't do so in the future. Perhaps the OP doesn't really know what the Bible says about the universe. The truth is, whatever people (or whatever we want to call them) is out there, we don't limit them from the experience of God.

It wouldn't change a thing about Christianity. The Pope offering to baptize aliens, what's the big deal? He's just offering to them the rites of sacraments and communion, that is all.

If that's what he wants to do, then no problem with me, I'm not Roman Catholic. The aliens can always say no.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   
As usual, we humans want to project our ignorance and antiquated superstitions on the rest of the universe. As if all existence functions as we believe, because you know, the universe revolves around the earth.

We are a grain of sand on an infinite beach. We haven't even gotten our feet wet yet, and we think the rest of the universe surely believes in the same archaic nonsense we do. Pure arrogance. I hope no aliens are visiting here, because it really is embarrassing.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   
If it is Creation, God made it. If it lives in Creation, God made it. That means He has a plan to deal with it in His time and place and way.

The universe is Creation, and everything in it He made. That means any aliens He also made.

What we need to understand is that the experience of God anther has will be in their way. Christianity changes as you move across the world. African, Philippino and Latino Christianity are very, very different practices and experiences when you compare them to European Christianity. They all have Christ at their center, but they are also in their ways "alien" shall we say to drive the point home.

We will have to expect if we do go out into God's universe is that the language and experience of God will change just like it does from people to people and region to region.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Nuclear war will put an end not only of Christian civilization

For goodness sake! Where, on God's green earth, is there anything anywhere that even remotely resembles a "Christian Civilization"?

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Also not true about thenuclear war thing.
While it would devastatingly we could continue.
Just think how many tests have been done over the years and we are still here.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

But Christianity already is an intergalactic faith. There are billions upon billions of Angels who serve Christ in heaven. The universe is their playground.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join