It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

19 reasons why you should never visit Iran

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Marketing point of view.
Xtreme vacations are in ! Maybe there is something they can provide for the need.. or would it be too xtreme.. ( no pun intented )

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: haman10

Men should not wear scarves , women should .

Men and women should wear whatever the hell they want to wear.

link   
a reply to: dollukka

Alcohol would probably be a big issue, but I read an article where there is quite a large underground.

As for Christianity, from what I remember Iran is tolerant of it. I might be wrong now if so someone bring me up to date please?

link   

originally posted by: Greathouse
I really really like that analogy! May I have permission to use it?

By all means.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

There are Christians in Iran too but still risky
Mission Free iran

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: haman10

Men should not wear scarves , women should .

Men and women should wear whatever the hell they want to wear.
true that . but Iranians voted for the constitution and the parliament . their own fault .

you see what i mean ? its a paradox . democratically they chose to take certain freedoms from themselves , cause they deemed them hurtful to their culture .

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

I see a reality TV plot in the making. " Iranian survival" they fly you to Iran with nothing but a Torha and some Sheleks then give you a week to see if get out. Lol

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Oh boy i almost choked here..

To OP i will visit iran when the time is right as i am history freak.. atm time is not that and if it goes on what has been going on.. time will never be right.

edit on 27-5-2015 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka

There are Christians in Iran too but still risky
Mission Free iran
No , not at all .

i bet you just googled "crackdown on christians in Iran" and you just copied the first article didn't you ?

google can get you anything :

www.wnd.com...

chalcedon.edu...

christians have 2 reps in Iranian parliament , jews have one .

how many muslims are in US senate or congress ?

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: haman10

Can i celebrate my Jewish faith openly and can i , my somewhat jewish ( distant ) roots too ?

Iran´s oppressed Christians
New York Times

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

To OP i will visit iran when the time is right as i am history freak.. atm time is not that and if it goes on what has been going on.. time will never be right.

I hope we can host you here . i can assure you'll be 100% safe here . the crime rate is by folds lower than most of western countries .

www.tripadvisor.com...

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Can i celebrate my Jewish faith openly and can i , my somewhat jewish ( distant ) roots too ?

Iran´s oppressed Christians
New York Times

yes sis (i suppose you're a girl) of course you can .

www.npr.org...

Iranian jews

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

your source is actually a "opinion page" . either way there's enough Iran is evil articles out there . just continue googling and you'll find more

these christians look very oppressed ( i have uploaded these pics before , there are many more if you'd like) :

edit on 27-5-2015 by haman10 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: jheated5
Yes the most pressing issue with any other country right now is if it's gay accepting or not. I mean there's starving kids in Africa but hey if they showed 2 guys/girls holding hands in a photo I'd def be there!

It's not a pressing issue per se. Just an indication of the freedoms in said country and levels of intolerance. Same thing with women's rights and other minorities. Some African countries are particular intolerant, corrupt and nasty to minorities. Look at Somalia for women's rights.

The OP is trying to sell an image of a modern nation, but Iran may have the flashing lights and the groovy photogenic kids, but it's what's not shown that is telling.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Your country looks very beautiful, I sure hope our government and their lackies don't visit and destroy it all. It looks a very interesting place to visit. I am of course frightened of the instability in the east right now, which would prevent me from visiting, but maybe one day it will be possible. I do have a question or two, in the video, there are plenty of women not wearing head scarves, do they get in trouble for this? Also, why is it important to cover the hair? Does that stem from a hygiene basis? Are the places in the video only where the rich people live or is this more of a general overview? I also saw what looked like cocktails in the video, so is alcohol allowed then?

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   

You caught me off gaurd, im sick of everyone talking about a nation in a negative way thats reaching out and asking us all to help them with russia, the us, china, everyone being involved in a final cleanse of ISIS and international human trafficking; I fully support making peace with a nation that has refused to go to war in 100 years
They just wanna come to space with india, russia, china, the US, canada, were all making our world in our own way, i feel they deserve to come along!

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Okay number 20, drawing pictures of Mohammed will get you killed!

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   

My girlfriend is a hobby travel blogger, and she follows some of the most interesting well traveled people from around the world. She follows this one young, Canadian girl who has been to Iran several times, and says nothing but good things about it.

Sure, it has some weird and outrageous laws, or rules, but they are generally only enforced on high population roads, or where ever the government has a hand in, if it's private, or even public it's really safe and harmless.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I have had a fling with a girl from work from Iran and she is lovely but much to young for me and she goes back every other year and she showed me some pics and I really do want to go.
She said she doesn't even wear a scarf and all the fellas love it and cheer her on.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I would love to visit all over the middle east really.... too bad the freedom to do so isn't available.

Too much hate in the world.

And.. Egypt... oh Egypt is the one place I would really love to go to.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Propaganda, be it 'Pro' or 'Anti', is a very dangerous thing. This OP is exceedingly on the 'Pro' side, as most of our propaganda in the States, is 'Anti'.

As usual, the truth probably lies somewhere in the between the two extremes.

That being said, I have no plans to visit Iran, or any other foreign country, in the present or the future. I also have no plans to visit any other states in the U.S. any time soon; I may be poorer for it in the "life experiences" category, but I'm fine with that.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join