It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you really against GMO's?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

The crazy thing about plants and GMOs, in my opinion is the fact that selective breeding can give you all the traits you need.

I think they had good intentions from the start, but greed got in the way.
a reply to: Mandroid7

Sadly, it's the other way around.

Farmers are getting screwed big time by the conglomerates-every time you see a special it's not because the farmers are being generous-it's because the retailers are bullying them into making deals well below the asking price.

The conglomerates make huge profits while the farmers are getting the raw deal.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I would not oppose GMO if is used reasonably and for the good of all taking into consideration the longterm effect. The problem is when science get corrupted by money and reason go out of the window for profit.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie
a reply to: ugmold

Are you talking about the pesticides or the GMO's?

GMOS and Pesticides, Organic makes sense.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
so hey anyone got the balls to dare challenge what i said and my source?

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   
What gets me is this......".Our license for life or starve to death"
The actual ownership of food stuffs for ever and ever is a frightening thing indeed.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   
GMO's, Roundup, yada yada, blah,blah, blah, this is all soft kill stuff. Pharmaceuticals? Outright poison, killing you slowly. And whats really funny is, your paying for it!!!

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I guess the real question is are the pros outweighing the cons ? It doesn't appear to be the case in my opinion.

We are seeing lots of bee and butterfly die offs along with biodiversity loss due to these hybrid genes showing up in non GMO versions of these plants. However you're not going to find that coming from any governmental or " educational " source.

GMOs were said to yield more food, reduce the need for herbicide and pesticide , and empty promise after empty promise...Its goal has never been and has nothing to do with helping " feed the world " its disgusting. Its about monopolizing and poisoning the food supply. Thats it.

Want higher food yields ? Use Aquaponics. Something TRIED and TRUE and SAFE. Invest in vertical organic farming.

It would also go a long way towards keeping pests out first and foremost.

Want to reduce pests while keeping crops safe and chemical free? " 70% isopropyl alcohol " goes a long way towards eliminating pests. and ITS CHEAP!!! Wh owould have thought? Use it all the time and theres always stronger variants that will dry out and kill insects within minutes while still keeping your crops good. Pair that with dry diatomaceous earth and you won't have a single insect problem ever.

its funny that the rhetoric is " We need GMOs "

Sadly and hilariously We don't. Humanity has been surviving just fine without them for thousands of years.

Greedy, useless people " need " them so they can bankrupt farmers, further the depopulation agenda through poisoning the food supply, and monopolize and control the food supply of whoever is left.

" Want to eat or grow food for your family ? F-you. Pay me !! "

Thats ALL this is about, nothing more.

Foir anyone wanting sources... Go search yourself. Its not my job to educate you or fill in your knowledge gaps

a reply to: Thecakeisalie

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: HUMBLEONE
GMO's, Roundup, yada yada, blah,blah, blah, this is all soft kill stuff. Pharmaceuticals? Outright poison, killing you slowly. And whats really funny is, your paying for it!!!

Has the possibility ever occurred to you that the two are linked?

GMOs and pesticides making us sick and less healthy, causing a need to visit the doctor more often and get pushed medicinal "cures" that do nothing but line the pockets of the doctors and Big Pharma--well, it's a good theory to mention on a conspiracy site, anyhow

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: wyrmboy12

"F**kin' eh, man." -- Lawrence, "Office Space"

top topics

<< 1   >>

join