It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looks like Ireland's referendum on gay marriage is a Yes.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Megatronus

originally posted by: Dfairlite

originally posted by: Annee

One would think, those who support marriage, would support ALL marriages.

What is marriage? It's when 2 people decide to make a commitment to each other. To join households as one, creating a family (with or without children).

What does this do? It creates stability in a community. Families have a tendency to put down roots and use the services of their local community contributing to its economic growth.

What gender those families are is not relevant ---- as it makes no difference.

Repeating that doesn't make it true.

What the homosexuals should be pushing for, is the state being removed from marriage. It should not be regulated. If I want to marry a goat or a 15 year old, why not? I mean, the goat can't consent, but the goat can't not consent either. As for the 15 year old, some 15 year olds are very mature for their age. It's discriminatory to say they can't get married based on something as arbitrary as age. and hey, I love that goat and that 15 year old. Who are you to stand in the way of love? How does it affect you!?

YOU are seriously telling homosexuals what they SHOULD do?

Then you include an animal and underage child.

Pretty sick.

So what you're saying is that you want to be part of the club but you want others excluded?

Two words CONSENTING ADULTS. That is the difference. Children lr animals can not make an informed descision.

Three words MAN AND WOMAN, that's the difference. You're just moving the lines of distinction. And they'll move again, they'll continue to devalue real marriage and society will suffer because of it.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: Dfairlite

Sick mind you have there.
If you can't understand the difference.....

You're the one making the distinction between sodomy, beastiality, and pedophilia. To me, they're all disturbing.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   

No, it won't and you know full well it won't. Paedophiles are shunned by society and quite rightly. A child can't be a consenting adult no matter what way you try to spin it. Bestiality and paedophilia are completely different things to a consenting sexual relationship between 2 adults. Its usually the last argument trotted out by people running out of valid reasons to discriminate and hate gays. Both as equally ridiculous as each other.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   

How explain how? you are living in the 1910's we have progressed and given women and black people the vote you know.
So glad your kind is in the minority in the civilized world.
But in a few years no one will care for your outdated bigoted views...your the past.
Thank God.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Real marriage? Heterosexual couples have been dumping all over the supposed sanctity of so called 'real marriage' for years. I never saw people up in arms about that.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   

I think you are the one bringing it up in the topic at hand...

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   

What is marriage? It's when 2 people decide to make a commitment to each other. To join households as one, creating a family (with or without children).

What does this do? It creates stability in a community. Families have a tendency to put down roots and use the services of their local community contributing to its economic growth.

Actually it is factually true.

There is no need to repeat fact.

Fact supercedes unfounded ideologies.

Do you really mean unfounded? Coming from the person defending a tradition that has no history of success? At best it's a neutral history, but very possibly a negative history. And you're calling real marriage an unfounded ideology!???? LOLOLOLOLOLMFAO

I'm calling a BELIEF unfounded ideology.

Fact supecedes your unfounded beliefs.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

What the homosexuals should be pushing for, is the state being removed from marriage. It should not be regulated. If I want to marry a goat or a 15 year old, why not? I mean, the goat can't consent, but the goat can't not consent either. As for the 15 year old, some 15 year olds are very mature for their age. It's discriminatory to say they can't get married based on something as arbitrary as age. and hey, I love that goat and that 15 year old. Who are you to stand in the way of love? How does it affect you!?

YOU are seriously telling homosexuals what they SHOULD do?

Then you include an animal and underage child.

Pretty sick.

So what you're saying is that you want to be part of the club but you want others excluded?

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   

No, it won't and you know full well it won't. Paedophiles are shunned by society and quite rightly. A child can't be a consenting adult no matter what way you try to spin it. Bestiality and paedophilia are completely different things to a consenting sexual relationship between 2 adults. Its usually the last argument trotted out by people running out of valid reasons to discriminate and hate gays. Both as equally ridiculous as each other.

Homosexuals were shunned by society 30 years ago. Hell, in Ireland it was ILLEGAL 22 years ago. All they'll do is change the age of adulthood. I mean you're not technically an adult until you're 18 but the age of consent is 16 or even 14 in some states. So why not change the age of adulthood?

You can deny it all you want but there have already been arguments for similar things. Afterall, girls are maturing much more quickly these days.

www.slate.com...

"Conversely, having sex with a 12-year-old, when you're 20, is scummy. But it doesn't necessarily make you the kind of predator who has to be locked up. A guy who goes after 5-year-old girls is deeply pathological. A guy who goes after a womanly body that happens to be 13 years old is failing to regulate a natural attraction. That doesn't excuse him. But it does justify treating him differently."

So see, they'll go for consent, then once everyone is good with 12 -14 year olds having sex with adults they'll change the marriage laws. Just wait and see.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

I wouldn't be too concerned BM, it is pretty obvious to any reasoned thinking person reading this thread that the result in Ireland was a good thing which the majority voted for.
There were still 734,300 people there who voted no in Ireland though. There, as everywhere when each generation dies out they will become fewer and fewer.
Until then we just have to put up with caveman style rantings from those stuck in their bigoted ways.
I usually laugh at them and remind myself how glad I am that I don't know anyone like that in 'real' life.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Do you really mean unfounded? Coming from the person defending a tradition that has no history of success? At best it's a neutral history, but very possibly a negative history. And you're calling real marriage an unfounded ideology!???? LOLOLOLOLOLMFAO

Weird, I don't remember stating my beliefs.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Real marriage? Heterosexual couples have been dumping all over the supposed sanctity of so called 'real marriage' for years. I never saw people up in arms about that.

Then you weren't looking. People have been up in arms for years about the divorce rate, infidelity, etc.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   

I think you are the one bringing it up in the topic at hand...

This thread is about sodomy. I'm just asking why sodomy is cool but pedophilia and beastiality aren't.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite look up the word consent. It might help

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   

How explain how? you are living in the 1910's we have progressed and given women and black people the vote you know.
So glad your kind is in the minority in the civilized world.
But in a few years no one will care for your outdated bigoted views...your the past.
Thank God.

That's fine. I will certainly thank God that I got to be part of society before it was completely corrupted and destroyed. The future holds a sick depraved world on the path it's headed. I want no part of it.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Weird, I don't remember stating my beliefs.

Some things are obvious.
edit on 25-5-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite only in your sick deprived imagination

link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
a reply to: Dfairlite look up the word consent. It might help

From merriam webster
Consent: to give assent or approval

Why can't a 13 year old do that?
Maybe the goat likes it, which would imply consent. IDK. none of this makes sense to me.

link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
a reply to: Dfairlite only in your sick deprived imagination

I think you meant depraved.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite because most countries have a legal age of consent

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join