It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Torus universe

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

If the universe is a torus, it would explain the beginning of the universe, and why it appears to be expanding.

I like this idea. But I'm not sure if there is any real evidence for it. Anyone know?

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: kcgads
One shape of the universe is just as good as any other shape at this point in the models. To be able to predict the exact model ,more will have to be done on research of what space is. I.E. If the universe fits in a ball , torus , etc. shape , what surrounds it ? I myself favor the "inside of a soccer ball" model. That way if you went all the way across the universe , you would wind up where you started.
star and flag due to I had never came across the 3 torus model before (I dont think).Thanks
edit on 21-5-2015 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: kcgads
www.youtube.com...

If the universe is a torus, it would explain the beginning of the universe, and why it appears to be expanding.

I like this idea. But I'm not sure if there is any real evidence for it. Anyone know?

No one "knows" but I do like the idea. It makes sense to me.

Clip from the new documentary Thrive, by Foster Gamble.
www.thrivemovement.com

According to Gamble (and others), the Torus is a good symbol of a new paradigm.

I explain to people I was in a Pyramid of corporate fear and control most of my life, and now I'm in a circle of trust and community. This circle is a place of love where people respect and help one another. It is the New Paradigm. A a leader of the New Paradigm, it is my duty to model this approach to life in such a way that it becomes a Light to the World. Doing this requires I always do the right thing, and in so doing I share the New Paradigm with everyone that happen to meet. The link below explains the old model, where it came from, and what the alternative system is (and more to the point, what it is not).

PYRAMID OR TORUS?

The symbol of the new paradigm is the Torus while the old paradigm is understood to be a pyramid. Before one can understand the significance of the Torrus or how to tap into this source of perpetual energy, one must have the prerequisite knowledge which is figuratively represented a circle (or Torus).

www.broadreachtraining.com...

There are many people currently involved in rethinking how we operate within systems, and working to transform them into places that foster a sense of belonging and community. Can human service systems change and begin to function more like communities? There are some who regard this possibility with skepticism. It is true that systems are probably not the best way to serve people. But for the most part, they are what we have right now.

There are also many people currently looking at the nature of our communities. They are helping to transform individual communities by empowering the citizens who live in them to make constructive changes in how they operate. Community organizing is a valuable effort for any of us to involve ourselves in -- not just for those with disabilities, but for ourselves.

Maybe a better question is, "given that we have systems, how can we participate in changing them? How can we work together to make them better places for all of us; individuals with disabilities and those who support them? How can we begin to look outside the system and facilitate relationships with other members of the community? What is our role in transforming those communities in the process? What have we learned from people with disabilities about interdependence and caring that we can share with others?"

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   
another thread that explores similar concepts, including the "torus universe".

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   
As a note of mere hearsay... and excuse it posted in the science and tech environs, buuuut...

my father died for a short while (before dying more permanently soon after) and reported seeing the universe working as an ever cycling torus... he was of a scientific bent but was adamant... he also said it was far more real "back there" and this wasn't "it"...

but he had never done drugs and who knows what they gave him at the hospital and as a life long agnostic, he even said he thought god, of a sort... not the old testament sort, but some organizing thought, was back 'there.'

But there might've been a torus... heh...

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   
the torus shape fits in quite nicely with the double tetrahedron and the flower of life. look up all three images and compare them.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   

There is not only no evidence for it, there is evidence against it. Time for the Feynman science lesson:

Feynman-The key to science

If it disagrees with experiment or observation, it's wrong.

It disagrees with observation.

It's wrong.

Here's something that matches observation:

The Expanding Universe

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   
just going to point out the wmap and plank data says the shape of the universe is flat. very flat. barely curved. it cannot be a torus.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   
What I want to know is...

How come Rivers, Lightning strikes, Blood Vessels, Earth, Trees have the same god damn patterns

Lightning

Rivers

Blood Vessels Lightning strike

Golf Pole Lightning Strike

Trees Pattern

Electricity follows the easiest path for current to flow.

The easiest path is where lightning follow... The current flows. Why is the easiest flow this pattern?

Obviously in humans the easiest current flow is through the veins our blood flow. Why are the veins made in this pattern?

Water flows through rivers. Rivers flow through the easiest path. Why do they flow in this pattern?

Trees form branches. Why do they form in this pattern?

edit on 21-5-2015 by DaRAGE because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a body with britney's butt. no seriously.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: kcgads

Right you know the difference between a black hole and a brown hole, a black hole is an absolute gravity well that may only really exist in theory but then again there may be many in the universe, a brown hole is a less dense gravity well were the star has collapsed but only so far and is less intense than a black hole.

Now when a black hole or a massive brown hole form's there is a region around it like a shall called the event horizon, this is the region beyond which light can not escape and just above this is the region were spaghettification take's place (the universe is so pulled by gravity that matter is litterally unravelled and ceased to exist at least in a true black hole were this region continues beyond the event horizon into the black hole.

Now here is a thought, matter focuses gravity, how?

Well what if gravity permeate's the universe, best envisioned as a membrane or a sheet for this idea, gravity is the weakest force, million's of time's weaker than electro magnetism for instance yet it is intimite with time, why.

Maybe Gravity comes from another membrane or sheet, underlying the universe sheet that we live on and so it come's through like dampness saturating a paper towl while time or rather the energy of the universe may originate in another membrane over laying our own, so this is a three sheet simplified model.

Now this mean's that gravity though not native to our membrane and also time not being native that gravity and time saturate even space at a ratio of one to one but dense space (matter) is closer to the gravity membrance, now if you think about string theory matter is essentially space scrunched up but that only effect's the volume of space in our dimension and the gravity membrane is still at a one to one ratio there, except it is a three dimensional volume of space that is densely packed so time gravity per volume compared to empty space is far higher?.

Now inside the black hole there may be another event horizon, how well there is a point at the centre of any mass object from a grain of sand and even an atom up to a supergiant star that however small is surrounded by all that mass and gravity, this mean's that the gravity of that mass must pull on that point in all direction's.

Now what happen's when a black hole form's, imagine this point, the black hole is spinning faster and faster so this point may move around a bit but the collapsing star pull's on this point ( which may become very small - even down to subatomic scale's ) creating an event horizon around it and trapping this tiny bit of our membrane on which we live inside it, this is then pulled so ferociously in all direction's in virtually no time at all that time and energy may be ripped into it from the overlaying membrane and this create's a tiny (from our perspective outside it) time space continuum, fresh time and energy would mean that time inside this tiny space moves much, much faster than outside it and remember that event horizon that surround's it with all that gravity pulling on that matter (to see our time and space if they could step outside into it they would only see empty darkness as our time base is so much slower that they would have to slow there own time base down also to integrate).

Stars form not long after the initial explosion of energy, except it is a surrounding implosion of gravity pulling on this tiny point rather than an explosion of time and space that causes it, this short lived white hole.

As the stars and galaxy's form they are still under the influence of the parent black hole and are drawn outward, the further from the point of the big bang they get the closer to this surrounding event horizon and gravity well though they will clump together with closer weaker gravity sources such as neighbouring matter creating stars and galaxy's, so they then of course begin to accelerate outward and the further the faster this acceleration or fall toward the surrounding gravity well is.

As the exact point of this central inversion space (big bang) is not stable or fixed and the gravity well that birthed it was moving around and fluctuating, maybe even creating several side by side explosion's, the dispersion of the stars and matter may be indeed a semi torus but not a linear dispersion of matter and time space as indeed we do see from a map of the cosmos, but instead of being a ring or elipse a cross section would show a flared effect further out from the central point and this would be due to the gravity drawing on it as it pull's it out.

Just my idea but I think you may find it interesting as it in part mesh's with your own very well.

edit on 21-5-2015 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   
that post was written while i searched for a picture of a butt. i couldn't find one though. that's a lot of holes.
edit on 21-5-2015 by BUCKSFiZZ because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: BUCKSFiZZ

Nah you should have gone for a shot of blazing saddle's with the explosion but this is a serious thread so please humour us.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: DaRAGE

God, the more you look the more logical it become's.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

I personally believe that we are living in a simulated universe. So I sort of think... There has to be some sort of algorithm for this pattern to appear in all these different things...

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   

www.youtube.com...

Why have we not been able to observe the "contracting end" of this torus universe?

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

The theory works for me, but so does the theory of curved space that handles space like degrees and linear space theory who goes towards infinity:

If the torus is big enough and not enough time has passed for the energy to reach the contracting side you would not know and be able to observer the contraction.

And if you are on the top side off the universe is expanding on the top side will you really be able to observe the contraction on the other side? Would you not have to be in between both the expanding and the contraction to clearly see both parts in different directions? (one direction a cone expanding from one point towards a cone contracting on the other side towards one point when enough time had passed)
edit on 22-5-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormbringer1701
just going to point out the wmap and plank data says the shape of the universe is flat. very flat. barely curved. it cannot be a torus.

If the torus is big enough then that argument do not prove anything. As I said in my previous post it all depends in how much time has passed since the start of the torus being filed with energy. In the start expand phase you would know nothing about what is on the contracting side.

Just like Archimedes tried to measure the Circumference of the Earth someone should be able to count out/approximate what the size of a Torus must be to give the right almost flat 3D+1T that behave exactly like the expanding universe theory.

From my point of view some people here are saying it is impossible just because they dislike the idea/theory. That is not scientific but a subjective faith driven response from my point of view.
edit on 22-5-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

www.youtube.com...

Why have we not been able to observe the "contracting end" of this torus universe?

We could be located near the "top" end, where it's expanding. If it's big enough, we wouldn't necessarily see the contracting end. Just my guess.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

Thanks, I will check ou t the video later today. Even if not true, it's an interesting idea.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join