It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Banks Are Now Pleading Guilty to Crimes. So Why Aren’t They Being Punished Like Criminals?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Nah, it's mostly because:

1. They are considered a person.

2. If you are a *bonded* person, then you never have to give up your freedom because you committed a crime, all you do is pay what your crime is worth.

As long as the cost does not exceed your bond amount, you walk free.

Crazy thing it is treating corporations like people eh? The larger they grow, the more money they have, which makes the bond they own larger...

It's a vicious circle.

~Tenth

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   
They won't be prosecuted unless something big "changes" hah, hopeful thoughts when lawmakers are bought and paid for by them. Too big to jail? When the next bubble bursts in the industry they collapsed they will move on just the same.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 01:17 AM
link   
So a bank gets hit with 1 billion in fines...what was the profit? If the profit was, lets say 1.2 billion, I would say it was a good deal...

Now if the key officers were charged and prosecuted for crimes and went to jail, it becomes a little bit more personal.

I call corporation money funny money. The reason I do this is because the value is all skewed as to what we think the value of money is. I see small parts that sell on the corporate level that you could buy a Ferrari with and if you put that part on Ebay it might get 10 bucks.

We need to make it personal, otherwise people will not stop because a billion dollars doesn't come out of their own bank account...

<< 1   >>

join