It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

According to Obama climate change caused ISIS

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04 go right ahead pollute the planet, pollute the oceans this still costs money, in fact you pay these energy companies through subsidies 10 million dollars a day to do the polluting for you. Who needs a planet anyway? Planets and clean environments are for sissy tree huggers. Go watch the new mad max for a glimpse at the future

Fossil fuel companies are benefitting from global subsidies of $5.3tn (£3.4tn) a year, equivalent to $10m a minute every day, according to a startling new estimate by the International Monetary Fund.

www.theguardian.com...
edit on 22-5-2015 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 04:11 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

Your rant literally has nothing to do with my post, which is that unless all nations agree to play under the same rules all you will have is companies leaving America to pollute in China ... which will still effect Americans.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 04:13 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04
Well you nor I are going to do anything about it. I have no kids and I'll be dead in under 5 years so, who cares? Something's are more important than the planet. Like profit and growth.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Man-bear-pig. Amazing how right South Park is on some topics. The Climate Change supporters will say anything to support their theory and with the entire goal of taking more money from the people and the businesses that employ them.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 06:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
Well you nor I are going to do anything about it. I have no kids and I'll be dead in under 5 years so, who cares? Something's are more important than the planet. Like profit and growth.

Forcing America to live by one set of rules while allowing others like China a different set does nothing. I don't know why you keep ranting rather than addressing my point, which is we need a global solution. Otherwise companies just switch to China, which will create more pollution for the planet.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04there is no solution, I agree China is the worlds biggest polluter and with its intentions of building a railway through the heart of the Amazon just proves how little they care about any future for the planet. We as humans will destroy the planet. I see no point in trying to address the situation. There is no desire to provide solutions just lip service. It's all too little too late to think we as a a species can do anything. Maybe we should just leave well alone and let the homeostasis of the planet sort things out in its own way.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

Well you nor I are going to do anything about it

I know, it's so out of control. I wish Mother Earth could sue us for rape. That's what it is.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: johnwick

originally posted by: khnum
At the website The right scoop today is a link to a video of an Obama speech somewhere today where he actually suggests climate change
is responsible for outfits like ISIS and Boko Haram.To what lengths will this lunatic go to deny the link between radical Islam and violence.

Didn't you know climate change causes all the world's ills.

Just ask danny Glover

"Global warming caused the Haiti earthquake"

Pretty sure it is the reason why I have road rage at times and I am going to go ahead and say global warming is also responsible for my internet going down the other day at work. (internet goes down....dang it, that global warming is quite the nuisance).

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

There is a direct correlation between unrest and climate change throughout the history of mankind. I believe climate change has had a direct impact on the Arab Spring, and then of course played an indirect part in the destabilization that gave room for ISIS to exist.

So for that reason I actually agree with Obama, which isn't very often.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr

Sooo, you miss the point.

What do you do about it? We could literally scrap every bit of technology and volunteer to live in the stone age to be in harmony with nature, and China and India are going to do what they're doing. They are going to more than make for any reductions we would be making.

So .... What do we do? Do we invade China and India? Force them to go back to the stone age, too?

What do we do?

The point is that no sacrifice we make here in the US will be enough to do anything meaningful until and unless all the rest of the world gets on board and agrees to the exact same rules.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko I understand perfectly, not once did I advocate any of those suggestions you made. What would you suggest that I haven't.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: amberinsc

originally posted by: johnwick

originally posted by: khnum
At the website The right scoop today is a link to a video of an Obama speech somewhere today where he actually suggests climate change
is responsible for outfits like ISIS and Boko Haram.To what lengths will this lunatic go to deny the link between radical Islam and violence.

Didn't you know climate change causes all the world's ills.

Just ask danny Glover

"Global warming caused the Haiti earthquake"

Pretty sure it is the reason why I have road rage at times and I am going to go ahead and say global warming is also responsible for my internet going down the other day at work. (internet goes down....dang it, that global warming is quite the nuisance).

Yeah...I get a bit grumpy when I get too hot also. But this past winter was quite cold...but that cold was due to the global warming. But the tell me I'm just not smart enough to understand how warming leads to cold...or why global warming is now climate change. I'm told I should just leave all this intelligence stuff to the scientists that know so much better. You know...with their theory that hasn't been proven. Because we all know that a climate model is simply a guess until proven accurate...which it hasn't been. I guess I should just go watch TV and leave such decisions to Al Gore because he obviously has my interests at heart.

Yeah...RIGHT!

edit on 5/22/2015 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join