It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best Pareidolia pics I have ever seen....applies to many conspiracies on ATS...post yours!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

Never seen that one.....so cool how these things occur!

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Illumin
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Nice thread!

I see stuff while driving that appears completely different until you get closer.

This is kind of like getting drunk at a bar and your mind starts telling you "that girl's pretty hot"

Lol, I think most of us have had a "cyote ugly" night before!!!!

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Here's a photo of a cloud I randomly choose from an image search a minute ago:

See the angry looking orc? now that's Pareidolia. Cleverly placed illusions? not Pareidolia.

Wired

edit on 21-5-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

Here's a photo of a cloud I randomly choose from an image search a minute ago:

See the angry looking orc? now that's Pareidolia. Cleverly placed illusions? not Pareidolia.

Wired

Like I said earlier....if you think that a decades old pic is a cleverly placed illusion, I disagree. It looks like a pic of a family that is really old to me, and doubtful was used for trickery at the time.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   
great thread OP
FandS
really the concept is so basic to what we do at ATS

here is one

but more disturbingly:

...And, like humans, computers display pareidolia:
In an awesome little creative trick, New York University researcher Greg Borenstein applied open-source software FaceTracker to a Flickr pool of examples called Hello Little Fella. In some instances, FaceTracker found a face just where you or I would:

www.theatlantic.com...
edit on Thuam5b20155America/Chicago57 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on Thuam5b20155America/Chicago07 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on Thuam5b20155America/Chicago09 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Danbones

Pics aren't showing up on thread.....

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Like I said earlier....if you think that a decades old pic is a cleverly placed illusion, I disagree. It looks like a pic of a family that is really old to me, and doubtful was used for trickery at the time.

Old timey Photoshop is older than you think. In the 19th century families used to pose with dead relatives in photos, and those famous fairy photos were faked almost a hundred years ago.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   

sorry VC
bin gon so long

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: greencmp

I think this one defines the term, it certainly was the first image that popped into my head. At least a few avatars here use it.

Found this while looking for the one above.

No wonder our ancestors used too see gods, spirits etc., everywhere and anywhere.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

Old timey Photoshop is older than you think. In the 19th century families used to pose with dead relatives in photos, and those famous fairy photos were faked almost a hundred years ago.

I understand that, and also disagree with you that this is a case of photoshop or trickery. Like I said...I agree to disagree. What's the point about posing with dead relatives? Yeah they used to do that....some cultures still do that.....nothing illusory about it. The fairy photos were faked and admitted to it...they were photos of fairies....

This one is different. It is a photo of a family, not intended to be a photo of jesus, but the image still appears based on how the kid is being held and the background of the image....

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   

And what of those "legit" photos of mediums spewing ectoplasm? Or the photos of the famous floating phoney Yogi?

Before Youtube or television there was literature and photography and that was the Victorian equivalent of entertainment. The act of prestidigitation is even older than that and people believed it be true.

We agree to disagree-we both know that Pareidolia exists, I just don't believe the images in your OP are an example of that.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: greencmp

That one is amazing on so many levels... If this was a frame from a video, the video playing would look like a face going from happy to sad, happy, sad, happy, sad, ... flap, flap, flap.

soulwaxer
edit on 21-5-2015 by soulwaxer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Just noticed that the photo of the three birds is photoshopped. The two birds on top are one bird that was copied next to itself and then rotated and scaled. You can tell by looking at the wing-tips. Also, the bird on the bottom looks like its body is a bit skinny.

soulwaxer

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: gosseyn

No wonder our ancestors used too see gods, spirits etc., everywhere and anywhere.

Those two pics above are photoshopped but you are correct, and that is how our ancestors started adoring 'magic' beings that could be found in nature.

I have a pic full of many happy little 'faces' lol

+2 more 
posted on May, 21 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   
These are great, I submit one of my favorites.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: warpig69
These are great, I submit one of my favorites.

Oh...I am dying here...side splitting. That is just too good!

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Glad you liked it. I am sure IT dept here at the office are wondering why the HR guy downloaded a picture of a dog's butt.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: warpig69

Glad you liked it. I am sure IT dept here at the office are wondering why the HR guy downloaded a picture of a dog's butt.

Oh....IF only that were my dog....I would have so much fun with messing with people that came to the house.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Awesome thread! Here's some happy flowers.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse

What amazes me more than pareidolia itself,is the way nature utilises it as a form of defence to scare away other predators...than is some weird subconsciouness at work if ever I saw it.
From tigers with fake eyes on the back of their ears(tigers attack from behind),to fake faces on caterpilla tails-just how the hell did these traits develop?
To me they suggest a part of developmental consciousness that we are yet to fully understand.
And this involves plants as well as animals-certain flowers will mimic types of insect,so that type of insect will attempt to mate with the flower,thus spreading the pollen.

Actually incorrect. The reason is to avoid being eaten by a predator. It is a safer bet to think there is something nasty in the bushes to run away from than to ignore it. Hence the brain gives a flight response to the unknown. Notice how we see devils , skulls, heads with teeth, animals etc instead of babies !!!! The mystery sound is footsteps!!

Interestingly enough it applies to Martian deserts as well

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join