It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best Pareidolia pics I have ever seen....applies to many conspiracies on ATS...post yours!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Got it...

snapdragon seed pods!

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister
Best ever nominee, if context is taken into account. See how many faces you can find in this cloud, including a full top half of the Goddess of Liberty (hint for the goddess:lower right-hand corner).

I am not seeing it, maybe it is too small or maybe you are poking fun.

Star anyway!

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

Got it...

snapdragon seed pods!

Ha! Those are cool. Reminds me of the tiny alien photos that some UFO hoaxster was hawking a while back.....might have been Greer. These look like the head of the alien he was putting pics of out on the net.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

Keep at it, it's worth it!

As for Mars rock pics, here are a few examples out of dozens of very good ones:

Here's a Mars demon for your viewing displeasure,

And last but not yeast, BlueIt himself (we still miss ya)

edit on 21-5-2015 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on May, 21 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   

+9 more 
posted on May, 21 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   
This has always been one of my favorites....I remember seeing it on ATS a while back:

So.....yeah....let that one haunt you for a while.....

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Nice...now I won't be able to NOT see that in the dollar bill anymore....

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Here's a test:

A simple face until you look closer. The difference between illusions and Pareidolia is the illusion is designed to be seen where as Pareidolia is not.

source

edit on 21-5-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

Here's a test:

A simple face until you look closer. The difference between illusions and Pareidolia is the illusion is designed to be seen where as Pareidolia is not.

Sure, that is an illusion that was made to look like that. Pareidolia is when it is not made to look that way like the pic I posted....yet you still see what appears to be something else.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   

I think this one defines the term, it certainly was the first image that popped into my head. At least a few avatars here use it.

Found this while looking for the one above.

edit on 21-5-2015 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Yeah....someone here has an avatar of that first one. Seems I recall that one was made by an artist though, not naturally occurring.

That second one I have always loved.....great moment to capture a pic!

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

I think that should replace the Giorgio meme from now on.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Yeah....someone here has an avatar of that first one. Seems I recall that one was made by an artist though, not naturally occurring.

That second one I have always loved.....great moment to capture a pic!

I did not know that, I guess I never had reason to question it.

No wonder I couldn't find a high res version with a quick search, probably copyrighted.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   

That old "jesus"photo is a classic pareidolia.
Have you seen the "demon dog" from an old thread on ATS?
Interestingly,the photo turned the guys life around-he quit abusing drugs after seeing a "demon" on his shoulder..

What amazes me more than pareidolia itself,is the way nature utilises it as a form of defence to scare away other predators...than is some weird subconsciouness at work if ever I saw it.
From tigers with fake eyes on the back of their ears(tigers attack from behind),to fake faces on caterpilla tails-just how the hell did these traits develop?
To me they suggest a part of developmental consciousness that we are yet to fully understand.
And this involves plants as well as animals-certain flowers will mimic types of insect,so that type of insect will attempt to mate with the flower,thus spreading the pollen.

I also love how Salvador Dali used pareidolia in his paintings.

[ats]http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&es&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CAcQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.planetperplex.com%2Fen%2Fitem%2Fold -age-adolescence-infancy-the-three-ages&ei=NfddVYHKBum57gb_6oGADg&bvm=bv.93756505,d.ZGU&psig=AFQjCNERrs9ljCk8DCaZbkRmqmlCvf-XVA&ust=1432307870731096[/ ats]

We humans,animals and even plants all have some in built awareness of faces/imagery of other species.
Amazing and mysterious IMO.
Cool Thread VC!

edit on 21/5/2015 by Silcone Synapse because: tags

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
This has always been one of my favorites....I remember seeing it on ATS a while back:

So.....yeah....let that one haunt you for a while.....

OMGosh! That's a new one for me. So creepy! Even knowing it's just a trick of light and shadow, you still can't un-see the creepy ghost/witch/thing in the tree.

I've been showing my youngest daughter lately how ridiculously easy it is to convincingly fake ghost and UFO pictures and videos - because she's still a little gullible about such things - and I also have shown her various examples of pareidolia as well, but now I can hopefully show her several examples right here if this thread takes off.

Great idea OP!

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Sure, that is an illusion that was made to look like that. Pareidolia is when it is not made to look that way like the pic I posted....yet you still see what appears to be something else.

That's because it was made blatantly obvious what the 'hidden face' is. Pareidolia is seeing something in nothing, not seeing the face of jesus in a painting or photo that was obviously put there.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   
A favorite topic of mine, although, sadly, we often get into some heated discussion as the CGI/photoshop crowd and the pareidolia group trade barbs trying to prove one another 'wrong'. I stopped arguing about 'authenticity' and 'validity' about this some years ago, when a few unmentionable members here, some of whom for which I have deep respect, started posting tons of Mars and Moon pictures with all manner of 'found' objects in them, and the conversation quickly degenerated into a 3-way pissing-match among CGI/photoshopers/ the pareidolia-types, and the "REAL-thing" groupies.

Truthfully, these days, it's hard to tell what's been 'doctored' or enhanced and what is 'as-you-would-see-it', but it's still fun and intriguing, and if nothing else, gives us a bit of insight into how the human mind works.

Here's a few faves:

edit on 5/21/2015 by Outrageo because:

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

That's because it was made blatantly obvious what the 'hidden face' is. Pareidolia is seeing something in nothing, not seeing the face of jesus in a painting or photo that was obviously put there.

So you are of the opinion that the face of jesus was put in that photo? Ok....I don't think the same thing, but to each their own!

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Outrageo

Ha....that cat one is cool...a cat within a cat.....

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Outrageo
A favorite topic of mine, although, sadly, we often get into some heated discussion as the CGI/photoshop crowd and the pareidolia group trade barbs trying to prove one another 'wrong'. I stopped arguing about 'authenticity' and 'validity' about this some years ago, when a few unmentionable members here, some of whom for which I have deep respect, started posting tons of Mars and Moon pictures with all manner of 'found' objects in them, and the conversation quickly degenerated into a 3-way pissing-match among CGI/photoshopers/ the pareidolia-types, and the "REAL-thing" groupies.

Truthfully, these days, it's hard to tell what's been 'doctored' or enhanced and what is 'as-you-would-see-it', but it's still fun and intriguing, and if nothing else, gives us a bit of insight into how the human mind works.

Here's a few faves:

I always liked this one too.

Ok, that's enough from me, I should let others play.

Thanks for the smiles Vasa!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join