It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You guessed it! Those Rohingya Boat People are coming to the US!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 05:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

originally posted by: johnwick

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
a reply to: OccamsRazor04 typical answer.

most people are not nation states with the resources to help refugees. Surely the richest nations on earth can do something to help. America has acres and acres of land and billions of dollars to help.

Funny the U.S. And other western nations can always find money for bombs and military hard wear but when it comes to humanitRian aid, they have empty pockets and no will

Bs, america already gives more money and aid than most of the world combined.

Stop playing at hyperbole.

Sure the US has acres and acres of land that already belongs to someone else.

How about they live off your land, they aren't getting mine.

Then run for office & do something about it. Because the actual US government decided that they are going to be coming here as legal immigrants.

And I agree with it. The US is a nation of immigrants & it literally accepts immigrants every year. So I'm glad these immigrants will get a chance at the American Dream. I'd rather my taxes go towards helping improve the lives of the needy instead going to kill people or prop up a corrupt "ally".

Will they be given citizenship or just a place to live? The former would thus make them immigrants, and the latter would still make them illegal. As many are overfond of saying; Its the law of the land.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 05:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: IntroduceALittleIrony

most people are not nation states with the resources to help refugees. Surely the richest nations on earth can do something to help. America has acres and acres of land and billions of dollars to help.

Funny the U.S. And other western nations can always find money for bombs and military hard wear but when it comes to humanitRian aid, they have empty pockets and no will

Then run for office & do something about it. Because the actual US government decided that they are going to be coming here as legal immigrants.

And I agree with it. The US is a nation of immigrants & it literally accepts immigrants every year. So I'm glad these immigrants will get a chance at the American Dream. I'd rather my taxes go towards helping improve the lives of the needy instead going to kill people or prop up a corrupt "ally".

Will they be given citizenship or just a place to live? The former would thus make them immigrants, and the latter would still make them illegal. As many are overfond of saying; Its the law of the land.

Do you understand how the US immigration system works? It's not a "here you get a visa & citizenship" all in one go procedure. This appears to be a refugee visa & here are 2 links from the US Govt that explain it:

The United States Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP) Consultation & Worldwide Processing Priorities

The US State Dept's Refugee Admissions Page

So yes, they would be coming here legally. That's the whole point.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 05:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer
a reply to: starviego

I guess most of you have forgotton that your families too where on boats once traveling to a new land. What the hell is the difference...

They haven't forgotten. They just don't care. It's the "I got mine so screw you" mentality. None of the American settlers were invited by the Natives and none of them assimilated with the Natives.

Many of the loudest anti-immigration advocates are only 3rd, 4th, or 5th generation Americans, and can proudly tell you their family history in other countries. And they literally don't see the double standard, even though these Rohingya people would be coming here as legal immigrants.

America is broke, our economy is wrecked and we already have tens of millions of immigrants in just the last 15-20 years....

Ya america has never been known to tale immigrants....

Those of us that can count and understand economics just see the reality.

At the rate things are going Americans will be the economic refugees in another generation.

Where do you live?

I'm coming to your house

Is that a threat?

Why would it be a threat?

I'm just an economic refugee...

Since you have no problems helping us out, I figured I'd just sleep on your couch for a few years, while raiding your fridge.

Oh and IMA need some spending money, your an american right?

That means you likely havecat least 2 jobs, so you should ple ty to share with me.

I mean it is the christian thing to do here isn't it?

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 05:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622
My rules for coming to Australia .

1- 2 years you speak the language or go home .

That goes against freedom of speech.

2- You swear allegiance to Australia , that is over and above your religious beliefs .

Feeble minded patriotism.

3- Learn our national anthem , in English or go home .

I don't even know the national anthem or have any kind of interest in learning it. Its completely irreverent to modern day society.

5 You will not live within 1 kilometres of your old countrymen .

So you want a police state, where there is no freedom of movement?

6 - There is no entry by the backdoor . those caught trying to enter illegally to be banned from ever coming to Australia .

People from 3rd world countries aren't allowed to come here on airplanes. There is no such thing as a front door, its just propaganda the conservative government spits for the simple minded masses, who are incapable of logical thought.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Do you understand how the US immigration system works? It's not a "here you get a visa & citizenship" all in one go procedure. This appears to be a refugee visa & here are 2 links from the US Govt that explain it:

The United States Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP) Consultation & Worldwide Processing Priorities

I don't think you understand how immigration in america works.

Here let me explain it.

You sneak across the birder and just stay.

You never go through any official channels, you never show up at court hearings etc...

The whole time you get welfare, even though your working at a job that used to belong to an american, that you undercut to get, you just don't claim the income since your paid in cash.

Then you get rent assistance free schooling for your kids and free medical care.

Oh you also pay zero taxes.

Then you just wait.

Until you get amnestied into being legal.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Exactly my point. They will have to go through the process, but in the meantime are being brought here.

The average time from the initial UNHCR referral to arrival as a refugee in the United States is about 18-24 months.
So probably longer without a referral.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 05:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer
a reply to: starviego

I guess most of you have forgotton that your families too where on boats once traveling to a new land. What the hell is the difference...

They haven't forgotten. They just don't care. It's the "I got mine so screw you" mentality. None of the American settlers were invited by the Natives and none of them assimilated with the Natives.

Many of the loudest anti-immigration advocates are only 3rd, 4th, or 5th generation Americans, and can proudly tell you their family history in other countries. And they literally don't see the double standard, even though these Rohingya people would be coming here as legal immigrants.

America is broke, our economy is wrecked and we already have tens of millions of immigrants in just the last 15-20 years....

Ya america has never been known to tale immigrants....

Those of us that can count and understand economics just see the reality.

At the rate things are going Americans will be the economic refugees in another generation.

Where do you live?

I'm coming to your house

Is that a threat?

Why would it be a threat?

I'm just an economic refugee...

Since you have no problems helping us out, I figured I'd just sleep on your couch for a few years, while raiding your fridge.

Oh and IMA need some spending money, your an american right?

That means you likely havecat least 2 jobs, so you should ple ty to share with me.

I mean it is the christian thing to do here isn't it?

All I just read is a bunch of deflecting from the issue at hand, because you clearly have no answer for my argument. You can't accept the fact that the elected government of the US doesn't care one bit about your objections and is allowing in refugees (which isn't the first time it's welcomed refugees).

And if it was an attempt to be funny, it failed. Because whether you like it or not & whether you understand it or not, the United States of America has immigration programs and refugee programs. And thankfully, these people will get a chance to come to a better place & situation than what they had before. And they'll be here legally.

And for the record: "Christian" is capitalized, and though I respect the Prophet Jesus, I'm not a Christian. I'm an African American Muslim lol. But if you really want to join my family's community here, I won't object. We're pretty welcoming- just no bacon.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Exactly my point. They will have to go through the process, but in the meantime are being brought here.

The average time from the initial UNHCR referral to arrival as a refugee in the United States is about 18-24 months.
So probably longer without a referral.

That's the process for all refugees. In fact, some countries won't let you file for refugee status until you've made it to their territory. That's the problem Julian Assange is having. He's on Ecuadorian territory (embassies are counted) and has applied for safe haven in Ecuador. But the UK government won't let him leave the embassy. They can't arrest him as long as he's there though because he's applied for safe haven with Ecuador.

So yes, they would be here legally. That's literally the point.
edit on 21-5-2015 by enlightenedservant because: added a sentence. problem?

edit on 21-5-2015 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 06:03 AM
link   
America doesn't even have to take in these refugees, but you could use your power and influence to maybe pressure other countries in the region to help out. Instead of all this macho stance of " this is my land find your own" with your proud american chests puffed out. I know your all tough guys over there who despise the weak, but your country has a lot of power that can be used for good. Just a thought.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Here let me explain it.

You never go through any official channels, you never show up at court hearings etc...

The whole time you get welfare, even though your working at a job that used to belong to an american, that you undercut to get, you just don't claim the income since your paid in cash.

Then you get rent assistance free schooling for your kids and free medical care.

Then you just wait.

Once again deflecting because you can't argue the point. Even when shown the US government's actual process for dealing with refugees, you change the subject rather than address our government's actual positions & policies. Bottom line is they'll be coming here legally, so there's no problem.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 06:14 AM
link   

America doesn't even have to take in these refugees, but you could use your power and influence to maybe pressure other countries in the region to help out. Instead of all this macho stance of " this is my land find your own" with your proud american chests puffed out. I know your all tough guys over there who despise the weak, but your country has a lot of power that can be used for good. Just a thought.

Hey, you shouldn't generalize. I'm an American & I have no problem with my country helping the needy. And neither do most other Americans (or our government in this particular situation).

Don't confuse the angry & grumpy fringe viewpoint with the mainstream viewpoint. There are xenophobes in every country, but that doesn't mean they represent most of the population.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Here let me explain it.

Then you just wait.

Once again deflecting because you can't argue the point. Even when shown the US government's actual process for dealing with refugees, you change the subject rather than address our government's actual positions & policies. Bottom line is they'll be coming here legally, so there's no problem.

If anyone is deflecting its you.

You posted official refugee info.

I just stated that is not how it actually works, and then described the way it actually happens.

Tell me that is not actually how millions of illegal immigrants have gotten legalised.

Because I'm quite sure that is exactly the way it worked out.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Hey, you shouldn't generalize. I'm an American & I have no problem with my country helping the needy. And neither do most other Americans (or our government in this particular situation).

Don't confuse the angry & grumpy fringe viewpoint with the mainstream viewpoint. There are xenophobes in every country, but that doesn't mean they represent most of the population.

Nice

You called me a xenophobe because I don't think we should keep our borders open until we are overpopulated like china

Great debate tactic.

Now that the ad hominem is over.

Make sure to question my intelligence...or call me a bigot!!!

Those are great tactics too when you debate on a weak premise.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Here let me explain it.

Then you just wait.

I just stated that is not how it actually works, and then described the way it actually happens.

Tell me that is not actually how millions of illegal immigrants have gotten legalised.

Oh really? Is that how your ancestors came over here or did they follow the federal guidelines I listed? Because those guidelines are actual policies.

What you listed is called a "stereotype", not facts. Otherwise you would know that most of America's "illegal immigrants" are illegal for vastly different reasons, like staying here on expired tourist visas or having a work visa, losing that job (and thus the work visa), but staying here anyway.

And none of those issues touch on the topic of this thread, which is the US government choosing to allow these Rohingya refugees to come here. Hence, you deflecting from the actual topic over & over again.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

I keep hearing the US has the largest National debt.
If this is true, we're not the richest nation on Earth but the deepest in hock.
People need to row over here with boats full of money.
While it is the kind and humanitarian thing to take in refugees it no longer is when the price of doing so guarantees citizens will not be able to find work or affordable housing.
We're not the powerhouse economy we once were.
Let China take them, they need cheap labor.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Nice

You called me a xenophobe because I don't think we should keep our borders open until we are overpopulated like china

Great debate tactic.

Deflect deflect deflect. I didn't once call you a xenophobe. I said that every country has xenophobes. If you felt that word fits you, that's on you. But don't act like I called you that because everyone can read my post & see that I wasn't even referencing you, nor was the person I actually responded to.

I do notice you keep changing the subject though from the point in the OP.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Ok I'm not that bothered. Just say no to the refugees it's no skin off my nose. I'll keep it out of this discussion

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 06:55 AM
link   

An understanding of what is going on in the US requires an understanding of the perspective of many US Americans over the age of say....45 years of age, i.e., that US Citizenship is a "birth right" and that therefore the US is "Their" country. There's another odd line of thought operating in the background and that is that one's luck in where they are born determines their prospects in life. So...if you're born in a crap hole third world pit of despair, you live and die in poverty because, after all, you were born in a crap hole third world pit of despair.

What these people don't understand and can't possibly support is that the US and World "Elites", since about 1965, determined that the whole idea of the Nation State and its accompanying "this is my country" thinking had been a major contributing factor to world wars. And they realized that the horrendous income gap and wealth gap between the third world and the first world nations was unsupportable and damaging to human kind as a whole.

What's happening now is that the US Elites are playing out this agenda, openning US Borders to refugees of all types, (economic as well as political) from all parts of the world. Combined with the exportation of high paying US Manufacturing jobs to the third world will ultimately level the income/wealth gap between the third world and the first world such that the whole of humanity will live in nations of second world economic status. What's also known is that as countries move up the economic ladder, birth rates in those countries plummet to at or below replacement level. This will result in a world population number that doesn't over burden the Earth's carrying capacity.

As this agenda progresses, the whole concept of the "Nation State" and "National Sovereignty" goes out the window. But what also changes is that people come to realize that they don't get to pick and choose who their neighbors are, that the jurisdictions they came to believe were "Their Countries" are open to immigration from the whole world and that no one can any longer call any country "their country" because they're going to share their national space with peoples from all over the world.

My "Spiritual Adviser" has pointed out that all of this "My Country", "My Nation", "I get to chose who my neighbors are" is entirely out dated and overlooks the reality of the fact that in the final analysis, none of us own anything; we can't take any of it with us. All that we really have is who we are and that's defined by the extent to which were willing to reach out and help the less fortunate. In the past we've dropped food aid on the starving in the third world so they would stay put and slowly starve to death in their third world crap hole pit of despair. When we do, they over breed which is any species response to a death and dying situation. So sending food aid alone isn't enough. What we need to do going forward is to be willing to share our space and opportunities with the economic refugees from around the world while at the same time trying to elevate the economies of the third world countries by making those economies more sustainable.

And so it goes.....
edit on 21-5-2015 by TonyS because: Word placement

edit on 21-5-2015 by TonyS because: Word placement

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Here let me explain it.

Then you just wait.

Oh really? Is that how your ancestors came over here or did they follow the federal guidelines I listed? Because those guidelines are actual policies.

What you listed is called a "stereotype", not facts. Otherwise you would know that most of America's "illegal immigrants" are illegal for vastly different reasons, like staying here on expired tourist visas or having a work visa, losing that job (and thus the work visa), but staying here anyway.

And none of those issues touch on the topic of this thread, which is the US government choosing to allow these Rohingya refugees to come here. Hence, you deflecting from the actual topic over & over again.

My ancestors did "immigrate" over here, if by "immigrate" you mean kidnapped from Ireland by the English crown and sold as slaves here, then yes my ancestors immigrated here.

Most illegals are not the ones that overstay visas.

They are coming across the southern border by the thousands.

And have been for decades.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Nice

Great debate tactic.

Deflect deflect deflect. I didn't once call you a xenophobe. I said that every country has xenophobes. If you felt that word fits you, that's on you. But don't act like I called you that because everyone can read my post & see that I wasn't even referencing you, nor was the person I actually responded to.

I do notice you keep changing the subject though from the point in the OP.

Do I?

The point of the op seemed to be about more immigrants that have no skills and would require years of welfare, possibly even generations like a lit we have now before they would be functioning members of this country.

I'm against anymore until we get the ones we already have settled into place.

You seem to think this isn't the right idea.

We argued about it both giving reasons we think the way we do.

Is this not what happened?

That is how I remember it.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join