It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Omaha officer, wanted man die after shootout in Florence area

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   

"The Omaha police officer injured Wednesday in a shooting in the Florence area has died, becoming the first female officer in the department killed in the line of duty."

"Officers from the Metro Area Fugitive Task Force were serving a felony arrest warrant about 12:55 p.m., said Deputy Police Chief Dave Baker. During the process of serving the warrant, shots were fired, he said. "

Om aha officer, wanted man die after shootout in Florence area

Pretty sad story...
A waste of flesh gangbanger criminal ended the life of an Officer, Mother and wife..

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   
How sad...as a husband and father...even more so.

a reply to: opethPA

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   
That is sad. I'm sure there will be protests. And by protests I mean looting and setting buildings on fire.

edit on 5/20/2015 by newWorldSamurai because: typo

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Detective Kerrie Orozco was shot and killed as she and other members of the Metro Area Fugitive Task Force attempted to serve a warrant on a man wanted for a shooting in September 2014.

The subject opened fire on the officers as they approached a home near the intersection of Read Street and Martin Avenue. Members of the task force returned fire, fatally wounding the man.

Detective Orozco was transported to Creighton University Medical Center where she succumbed to her wounds.

Detective Orozco had served with the Omaha Police Department for seven years. She is survived by her husband, newborn daughter, and two stepchildren.

Please contact the following agency to send condolences or to obtain funeral arrangements:

Chief Todd Schmaderer
Omaha Police Department
505 South 15th Street
Omaha, NE 68102

Phone: (402) 444-5867

Read more: www.odmp.org...

thoughts / prayers to the family and department.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   

I just want everyone that has responded to this to know, as I hail from Omaha, there has been little reaction and media dedication to this (compared to anything you would see on MSM, wasn't even on the front page on the Omaha World herald today). The story was on the news but has been short lived and there hasn't been any rioting or protesting because of it. It was an officer caught in the line of duty and was unluckily a victim of a gunshot from a worthless criminal, at least that is how it is being played out. Anyways, it is unfortunate for anyone to die, especially this woman who seemed to be an upstanding citizen in compparison to the scum that fired at her.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: iDope

I was going to comment the same thing. I live south of Lincoln and there is a lot about this on the local news, but almost nothing showing up on the national news sites. It is so sad that she would have started her maternity leave today, it breaks my heart.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
This will never get the right attention as you can see this was posted nearly a full day ago and yet we are only 5 posts in. The police are only recognized for the bad they do and that's the reason why people think cops are bad. Yes there are bad cops, it's just the nature.

Prayers and sympathy go out to the family of the officer.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: HawkeyeNation
This will never get the right attention as you can see this was posted nearly a full day ago and yet we are only 5 posts in. The police are only recognized for the bad they do and that's the reason why people think cops are bad. Yes there are bad cops, it's just the nature.

Prayers and sympathy go out to the family of the officer.

Part of that falls on the leadership of ATS.
They have the PC forum which is dedicated to pointing out every flaw that the police have.
Posts like this get moved to the Other News forum..

Not much can be done.

top topics

join