It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I thought we went to the moon....until I viewed these videos

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: bobbypurify
Whatever you want, but that is not my intention; You are the one starting to make all sort of claims about perspective being wrong without knowing all the details.

I didn't (and I have the impression you neither) even noticed the change in size before, partly because the original video used a scaled version. This might tell something about the movement of the rover, something which has influence on the perspective.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobbypurify
It's a prop between the backdrop and the simulated floor IMO.

It was already established on the other thread and agreed to by you that there could not have been a "backdrop" as the rocks in the background all the way to the horizon irrefutably change perspective as the camera moves.

So, the conversation is going backwards.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: PlanetXisHERE

Hey, OP, we went to the Moon.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
onebigmonkey....I went to your profile and I didn't see any qualifications to out and out dismiss the notion that we did NOT go to the moon....maybe you can enlighten us other members as to your dismissive attitude toward this supposed conspiracy....I say this as someone who is skeptical to conspiracies in general, but, you can't deny the ones already proven and admitted to....for example:
1...gulf of Tonkin
2..watergate
3...Iran-contra
all 3 of those just in my lifetime, and all done by the highest leadership in our country

Complete and utter strawman argument. Stay focused.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   

a reply to: nataylor

House rock doesn't change at all, except in color. It's a prop between the backdrop and the simulated floor IMO. Your gif further proves that. When you watch the video, this sticks out because it doesn't change perspective, like everything else does. But, it doesn't matter. This hasn't been an honest conversation whatsoever.

Well, it has been honest on ONE side, lol. . .

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: jaffo

Yes of course, Nasa is honest and upfront just like everyone is huh.

This world is funny, full of people who want to believe in something, full of religious creeds.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 06:32 AM
link   

a reply to: nataylor

House rock doesn't change at all, except in color. It's a prop between the backdrop and the simulated floor IMO. Your gif further proves that. When you watch the video, this sticks out because it doesn't change perspective, like everything else does. But, it doesn't matter. This hasn't been an honest conversation whatsoever.

put your mouse pointer on the right edge of the rock and let go of the mouse completely..

does the edge of the rock touch the mousepointer and sometimes a few milimeters away or does it always touch the edge without moving from the mousepointer at all??

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Really? Are we STILL arguing this?

If we faked it, there are countries out there who would love nothing more than to call us out on it.

Apollo was tracked by Russia, and if you think they didn't do everything in their power to disprove we went, you are naive to the highest extent. It would have been a black eye on America that they would have LOVED to serve up.

Yes, the astronauts took radiation doses. But they knew this would be the case, and they voluntarily went anyway despite the risks. For the love of exploration, and for their country.

Japan's SELENE probe's lunar terrain mapping camera completely verifies the topography of the landing sites.

en.wikipedia.org...

Now, had we faked it, how in the world would we have known the EXACT terrain of the landing sites to make movie sets and backdrops that match perfectly? We didn't have that technology or knowledge then.

Remember, the absolute best Hollywood had to offer at that time was 2001: A Space Odyssey. Which was in no way shape or form good enough to fake a moon landing. NASA did NOT have better special effects knowledge than Hollywood.

And then, Mythbusters completely destroyed the fake theory.

www.discovery.com...

www.dailymotion.com...

Sorry, but we went to the moon. Get over it.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Longtime fan of ATS...had to join just so I could post my thoughts here. I am a follower of MANY conspiracies....don't necessarily believe in all of them, some just hold entertainment value. When I first heard the "Moon Landing Hoax" theory, circa 1999-2000, I thought this one was entertaining. But one thing that has always made me think twice about it is those damn Van Allen belts.
On the tv special that first introduced me to the topic (a FOX special, of course), a Russian cosmonaut (or possibly someone just speaking FOR the cosmonauts, I don't quite recall) made a statement that what has kept the Russians from landing a man on the moon was that they have not yet figured out how to get a person through those belts. Whether that is true or not, I cannot say.
Considering the fact that Russia was way ahead of us in EVERY aspect of the space race, how is it that nearly 50 years after we supposedly went to the moon, they STILL haven't landed a man there? If it's truly because they haven't figured out how to get through the Van Allen belts, then that makes me wonder how we could have done it. With all the spying that gets done back and forth between our nations, if we figured it out then, by now, they should have too.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: BTWWTF
Longtime fan of ATS...had to join just so I could post my thoughts here. I am a follower of MANY conspiracies....don't necessarily believe in all of them, some just hold entertainment value. When I first heard the "Moon Landing Hoax" theory, circa 1999-2000, I thought this one was entertaining. But one thing that has always made me think twice about it is those damn Van Allen belts.
On the tv special that first introduced me to the topic (a FOX special, of course), a Russian cosmonaut (or possibly someone just speaking FOR the cosmonauts, I don't quite recall) made a statement that what has kept the Russians from landing a man on the moon was that they have not yet figured out how to get a person through those belts. Whether that is true or not, I cannot say.
Considering the fact that Russia was way ahead of us in EVERY aspect of the space race, how is it that nearly 50 years after we supposedly went to the moon, they STILL haven't landed a man there? If it's truly because they haven't figured out how to get through the Van Allen belts, then that makes me wonder how we could have done it. With all the spying that gets done back and forth between our nations, if we figured it out then, by now, they should have too.

Russia was not even remotely ahead of us. They rushed a few programs to get in orbit first, but their Moon program was an utter and complete disaster. It would be decades before they got technology in order to launch anything even close to the Saturn rockets. In fact, their massive failure on their fourth attempt at launch literally blew up almost everyone in their program. Yeah, seriously, they killed their own scientists with an enormous fail. So. . . there's that. As to why they haven't landed a man there, lots of reasons. Money, priorities, the collapse of the USSR. Simple economics, really. And politics. After all, who wants to shout "WE'RE NUMBER TWO!!! WE'RE NUMBER TWO!!!"?

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: BTWWTF
Russia was behind the USA in one crucial step - they didn't have a heavy launch rocket system like the Saturn V. They tried getting the N1 rocket to work, but because they didn't have engine test facilities on the ground, they had to test the complex and finicky 30-engine configuration by actually launching the rocket. If you read up about the N1 program, you'll see that it didn't go well, and the program was scrapped just as the engineers were getting close to achieving success.

www.youtube.com...

The Russians did send animals in a capsule around the Moon, and the animals made it safely back to Earth. en.wikipedia.org...

The reason that the Russians, or anyone else for that matter, haven't gone to the Moon after the Apollo program, is the prohibitive cost. Instead, the effort was concentrated on establishing the humanity's presence in the low-earth orbit.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: PlanetXisHERE

With a good telescope, you can see the remains of each moon landings from earth.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Famouszor

There does not now, nor has there ever existed a telescope powerful enough to see Apollo remnants on the moon

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: captainpudding

There does not now, nor has there ever existed a telescope powerful enough to see Apollo remnants on the moon

Thank you. India has imaged some of them from Lunar orbit and Japan has also imaged some, as I recall. The evidence is there and has been shown over and over. We were there. Men landed, drove rovers, brought back plenty of regolith. This used to be a fun "theory" but it's been debunked very clearly at this point. . .
edit on 26-5-2015 by jaffo because: Spelling error.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: jaffo

Thank you. India has imaged some of them from Lunar orbit and Japan has also imaged some, as I recall. The evidence is there and has been shown over and over. We were there. Men landed, drove rovers, brought back plenty of regolith. This used to be a fun "theory" but it's been debunked very clearly at this point.

I don't think either Japan or India has imaged any of the Apollo equipment at the landing sites, but they did provide images and data that provides evidence for the landings.

Japan has provided 3D mapping data of surface features that exactly matches the pictures the Apollo astronauts took on the moon. India has taken pictures of the Apollo 15 landing site that shows disturbed soil that is consistent with the Apollo 15 landing activities.

The only pictures of Apollo equipment on the Moon so far have been taken by Arizona State University's LROC camera on NASA's Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter (LRO).

edit on 5/26/2015 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

originally posted by: jaffo

Thank you. India has imaged some of them from Lunar orbit and Japan has also imaged some, as I recall. The evidence is there and has been shown over and over. We were there. Men landed, drove rovers, brought back plenty of regolith. This used to be a fun "theory" but it's been debunked very clearly at this point.

I don't think either Japan or India has imaged any of the Apollo equipment at the landing sites, but they did provide images and data that provides evidence for the landings.

Japan has provided 3D mapping data of surface features that exactly matches the pictures the Apollo astronauts took on the moon. India has taken pictures of the Apollo 15 landing site that shows disturbed soil that is consistent with the Apollo 15 landing activities.

The only pictures of Apollo equipment on the Moon so far have been taken by Arizona State University's LROC camera on NASA's Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter (LRO).

Yeah, I guess I should clarify that India imaged the rover tracks and other items. Their resolution was fairly low. New shots from the LRO have been much better. Of course you could show deniers a pic of an astronaut standing on the Moon shot from orbit and they still would cry foul, so. . . Anyway, here's some new shots.

www.nasa.gov...

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   

You can make out the disturbed ground around Apollo 14 and 16's lander, and footpaths in both, from India's probe. India's images are free to download once you register, but it takes some work to process them (I know, I did it).

Both India and Japan have found evidence of surface changes around Apollo 15's landing site as a result of the LM engine.

India's photographs of Hadley Rille, and China's images of Taurus-Littrow, provide corroborating evidence of surface features that can be seen in Apollo images taken on the ground but not on any pre-Apollo photographs.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: onebigmonkey

You can make out the disturbed ground around Apollo 14 and 16's lander, and footpaths in both, from India's probe. India's images are free to download once you register, but it takes some work to process them (I know, I did it).

Both India and Japan have found evidence of surface changes around Apollo 15's landing site as a result of the LM engine.

India's photographs of Hadley Rille, and China's images of Taurus-Littrow, provide corroborating evidence of surface features that can be seen in Apollo images taken on the ground but not on any pre-Apollo photographs.

Clearly you are in on the hoax, shill. (I keed, I keed. . . )

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

If only - I could use that pay per post bonus right now...

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join