It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No vaccination? Then stay out of college

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Not my title. No, the following oped was penned by none other than the Chair of the Arizona Teenage Republicans. Now, I don't really give a hoot which party is doing what, because I (and most of us here) know the division is illusory and irrelevant. But some of you still, inexplicably, after years of spending a good portion of your weeks here at ATS, think that "conservatives" actually care about individual liberty and freedom from state intrusion.

Here is the future of the Republican Party--fully prepared to withhold educational (and, therefore, economic) opportunities from those who will not comply with state requirements.

It should be titled, No Vaccination? Kiss Your Opportunities In Life Goodbye

Arizona Republic

As an incoming freshman, I have a lot to worry about. I should not have to be afraid of a disease that can be eradicated in the United States if public universities and schools require its administration.

There you have it. They don't really even have to pass laws requiring vaccination. They'll just use the fear of total ostracization to manipulate compliance. Those who refuse vaccines will become social pariahs, 21st-century lepers unworthy of "higher" education or economic opportunity.

A bit dramatic, perhaps. But only a bit. Anyway, I came across this a little while ago and it pissed me off that so many people are still falling for the idea that anyone in American politics gives a rat's ass about your freedom. I know they're just stupid teenagers, but these are the people that the political system will coddle and nurture, because they are easily manipulated into representing the interests of the party and its donors, and not the people.

Just a preview of the future, I suppose. Don't want viruses and toxic chemicals injected into your kids? It's a blue collar life for you, my friend.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

I hear online degrees are all the rage now.
Plus, you can't get sick from your computer. Or get anyone else sick.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage
My point isn't necessarily about the value of higher education or even access to it.

My point is that people still think there is an element of the American political system that gives a damn. And that frustrates me.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Herd immunity is a important consideration when running a place of mass gatherings.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 01:12 AM
link   

I was a little hasty in another thread and said it would be good for a law but I wouldn't mind it they just didn't allow you in public places like schools if your are nit vaccinated.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 02:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

So Phage answer me this...if vaccines work and you get the vaccine then my immunization status shouldn't matter to you. If vaccines don't work then my immunization status also doesn't matter. Either way I don't NEED the vaccine.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Would you let some one shoot you while you are wearing a bullet proof vest just to test it and make sure it worked?

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Again, not really about the "vaxxing debate". I'm just curious to see if there are any "conservatives" out there who can explain to me how the ideas expressed in the cited oped represent the interests of individual liberty and freedom from state coercion, principles they claim to hold in the highest regard.

I maintain they don't, and are a bunch of liars and hypocrites. I'm frankly amazed more of their ilk haven't realized this.

To the contrary, they're grooming their younglings to be statist pigs like despotism is going out of style.
edit on 5/18/15 by NthOther because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 03:28 AM
link   
It looks like they're ramping up the depopulation protocals to make more room for the Rh negatives...

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 03:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

So Phage answer me this...if vaccines work and you get the vaccine then my immunization status shouldn't matter to you. If vaccines don't work then my immunization status also doesn't matter. Either way I don't NEED the vaccine.

That would make sense if it conveyed perfect lifelong immunity. It does not. It provides protection lowering the chance you will get infected drastically.

That means your status does matter, a lot.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 03:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: trifecta
It looks like they're ramping up the depopulation protocals to make more room for the Rh negatives...

Oh sweet, my being Rh negative means I am in for a good time!

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 07:22 AM
link   

If you are vaccinated, why do you care if I am vaccinated

Let me repeat for the naysayers.

If you are vaccinated why are you afraid of me ?
edit on 18-5-2015 by Aboveway because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Aboveway

If you are vaccinated why are you afraid of me ?

Because the reason we vaccinate people is not only to prevent the spread of disease, but also the mutation of disease.

If you carry a strain of something, that's mutated, my vaccine is suddenly not worth anything.

A person's right to be ignorant about science and it's benefits should not extend into the realm, where you can actually cause harm to the public at large.

~Tenth

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX
Herd immunity is a important consideration when running a place of mass gatherings.

If you are vaccinated and your vaccines work.

Why do you care about me not being vaccinated.

Why do you care that I am crazy enough not be vaccinated.

Do you love me that much?

Are you that big a humanist, I don't buy it. Sorry.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Are you admitting that vaccines offer false protection.

Can you please make a special vaccine for me and my kids, like in the 60s, no mercury and adjuvants.

Can you please use the modern technology to make a vaccine free of poisons.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   

When I went to college on the GI Bill, they made me get a vaccination, I don't remember which one, but I got it and I didn't suddenly become autistic.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Aboveway

Are you admitting that vaccines offer false protection.

What?

No, I'm stating the opposite. It provides dual protection, against the spread of disease and the mutation of disease.

Can you please make a special vaccine for me and my kids, like in the 60s, no mercury and adjuvants.

This shows how little you know of how vaccinations work, if you think those things are the issue.

Can you please use the modern technology to make a vaccine free of poisons.

Again, shows how little knowledge people have of vaccines, what they do, how they are made and WHY they are made that way.

~Tenth

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Naturally. Anyone who thinks that vaccines cause autism doesn't know how vaccines work and are developed. They also don't know how autism works and appears in a person either.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Actually, keyboards and phones are probably the single most likely vector for the spread of a variety of communicable diseases.

edit on 18-5-2015 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
Again, not really about the "vaxxing debate". I'm just curious to see if there are any "conservatives" out there who can explain to me how the ideas expressed in the cited oped represent the interests of individual liberty and freedom from state coercion, principles they claim to hold in the highest regard.

I maintain they don't, and are a bunch of liars and hypocrites. I'm frankly amazed more of their ilk haven't realized this.

To the contrary, they're grooming their younglings to be statist pigs like despotism is going out of style.

I worry about finding the right classroom, I worry about having a good roommate, I worry about maintaining my school life and social life, and I worry about how the next eight semesters will shape my entire future. I have a million and one things running through my mind on any given day, but until recently, one of them was not the possibility of contracting a deadly disease.

I couldn't help but notice that things like getting an education, tuition costs, and student debt aren't on the list of things she worries about. I would hazard a guess that the only "grooming" this girl has received is in a beautician's chair. Perhaps she should save her daddy's money, follow Phage's advice, and get her degree online. It would cut down on the million and one things she has to worry about and give her more time to focus on her social life.

I would agree that neither Republicans or Democrats are too concerned about the rights or welfare of average American citizens, in spite of their claims otherwise.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join