It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sandra fluke think girls are better off sold into sex slavery than being republican

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
Indeed it is.

"Apologies go out to Fluke and the local community for attributing statements that were never said," Rabbi Samuel wrote. "It is important to take ownership for any mistaken information that appeared in my article. In all candor, I should have checked directly with the NPR affiliate just to confirm the veracity of the story. The manager informed me that this prank had fooled others as well."

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I want to rub it in, but feel ill take the higher ground as your a mod, wouldn't want to get on your bad side

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
nm...
edit on 5/16/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
Are these previous posts not proving my point?
They didn't even read a post or two before theirs.

Everyone knows that happens all the time here and everywhere else. We don't need you to make that point by doing this.

You're just adding to the confusion.

edit on 16-5-2015 by DelMarvel because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
I want to rub it in, but feel ill take the higher ground as your a mod, wouldn't want to get on your bad side

Huh?

link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

You didn't read either...
I absolutely did! Proudly...

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

So very big of you.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

I read it, just didn't understand it. I thought you were finally copping to being as fooled as the rest of us were by the fake story. I kinda respected that. But now I realize you're sticking to the story that you wrote this to try to make a point and teach us a lesson... even though probably no one believes that.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71 Lol good one
I have spent hours just today and yesterday on posts where either the original article was badly sourced or was taken way out of context.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic It's posted under LOL.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

If you are so above the T&c then maybe I can be too. I call Bull# on your whole excuse. You found the article, actually you provided two links, and I read them both with out questioning your provided 'proof. But what I did do was read the entire set of replies before commenting.
You not only posted the original post, you also continued to endorse it and comment on it from a brainless conservative position through out the first page until someone came on and called the article for what it was.

So at best, you were suckered like everyone else, believing you had found one more liberal jerk.
At worst, you were not fooled but were conducting a demonstration to prove how smart you are and how dumb others are.

I choose to believe the first. that you are just a jerk. So, take your experiments elsewhere.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

It wasn't originally.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

You can't willingly post in LOL, it has to be moved there.
As willingly wanting to post a lie is against the T&C.

While I don't think this was OP's true intention cause of the subject matter that was chosen. It is rather funny to see the people who posted and have not admitted they were fooled yet.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Me thinks I've done that enough for all of us...

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Na I won't let them off the hook that easy.

I would say you have more then made up for you personally, as well as intrepid.

Oh and go niners!

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Oh and go niners!

No, you didn't!!

That was just mean...

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
a reply to: intrepid

I got nailed with a thread I made 2 years ago so I really research when I post. This really was a test to see who would read the whole page. I mean the Easter bunny was on one of the links.
It took forever to find a story like this.

So you are saying that you knowingly posted false information?

15). Posting: You will not Post any material that is knowingly false, misleading, or inaccurate.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

That's the #1 rule in the T&C for members. Is that what you are saying?

I call for this members banishment.
Directly below your question above, the member replied

Guilty as charged...
I would say for good reason.
But hey.. I'm not the judge

Guilty.
But really?

The Op presented not one but two links to the issue. The OP then continued in the OP to set the tone of the thread.
The OP then continued to comment in a derogatory manner about the 'liberal' throughout the first page until someone called out the verity of the topic.

This Op is well known for a certain bias on left/right issues. It is no stretch to suppose that this member would legitimately bring more 'liberal bashing' to the forums.

But rather than admit that Op was snookered like many others and admit Ops fault, OP then turns around a claims it was all a 'test', a demonstration, a joke. Baloney.

A real demonstration would not have been set up with such a bias. A real demonstration would not have been guided in such a way.

Either this member was deliberately agitating the discussion of right/left issues or he was guilty of deliberately breaking the T&C. I see it simply as one or the other.

The issue of people not reading threads throughly is not new. It has been dealt with numerous times by other members but in a more intelligent manner, where members are not sullied. Whereas this so called demonstration was (if it was) set up to make fools of other members. So

From my perspective, this member should either apologize to everyone, as he has only defended his actions 'proudly' or face banishment for willfully violating T&C with an' elitist ' you are so dumb' experiment/demonstration.

But that is only how I see it.

PS He also says 'but hey,, I"m not the judge". But isn't that exactly what his excuse for this whole shebang admits? That he is, or at least feels himself to be.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
This thread gives me hope. I actually like Sandra Fluke & think she would be a better politician than many that are currently in office. Of course, she's also widely targeted by her opponents, who have no qualms about lying or slandering someone to demonize them. So I'm glad to see people actually fact-checked the fake article & called bs on it. Independent fact checking is the only way to defeat the constant barrage of knee-jerk fearmongering we face.

EDIT: Oh & go Rockets!
edit on 16-5-2015 by enlightenedservant because: added something because I felt like. problem?

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Hey. Never mind my last reply to you. I was over heated.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Mea culpa.

That's Latin for: My bad.
Lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join