It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roswell Slides solved. But Jaime Maussan...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I've heard that, too. He's apparently naming it Sorryarse

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iamnotadoctor
a reply to: HeywoodFloyd

IsaacKoi's thread only links to YouTube videos, and the Roswell slides research group website, which give step by step instructions on how to reveal the writing on the placard. Claiming that this case was partly solved by members of ATS is completely inaccurate.

IsaacKoi can explain better than myself, but if you have the patience to read the whole thread, you will see that several ATS members published on that thread decisive new info, analysis, SmartDeblur software procedures and independent corroborations of the group findings, that finally lead Don Schmitt to give his apology yesterday (and to Richard Dolan declaring "CASE CLOSED" on his Facebook page).

Contributions from "LiteraryJourney", ""thepixelpusher" and "IsaacKoi", of course, were decisive.
(I apologize if I forgot someone)

Probably pages 1, and 5 to 10 are the most important.

It would be nice to know from Don Schmitt himself what exactly brought him to his apologies, but I am doubtful that we shall hear from him...

perhaps IsaacKoi and other members of the Roswell slides research group here on ATS have more detailed information.

However I am CERTAIN that the IsaacKoi thread has been read by Don Schmitt all along, and that it has been decisive to force Don Schmitt to his apologies.

the thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 15-5-2015 by HeywoodFloyd because: edit

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   
besides, there are other members of ATS, who are members also of the "Roswell Slides Research Group", who have worked on this "behind the scenes" - and I do not know if they want to be identified publicly here.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   

“Really scary .. There are very powerful interests trying to prevent this

-Jaime M.

Yeah, his bull# has created a powerful force of pissed off people that are sick of Jaime's bull#.

"Ahora los pollos vienen a casa a dormir", Jaime.

At first I kind of thought that RSRG's approach to debunking the slides was sort of adhering to the spanking-a-baby-with-an-atom-bomb principle, but now I see that all that force and fury was necessary as Jaime is no ordinary baby.

They spanked him back to the stoneage; Jaime will never recover from this one.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
you know the one thing that strikes me , in all of this fiasco :

the clowns have been " investigating " these pics for 3 years

i will let that sink in

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Ironhawke

Maussan is not a researcher... or even an armchair researcher... he's a promoter/salesman... that's a big difference.

He's the Don King of UFO's.

There are few "researchers" and a whole assortment of crackpots, salesmen and promoters in the UFO/paranormal fields... precisely because such promoters pollute the field to the point where most serious scientists wouldn't get involved at all... and thus the state of affairs we have ...and have had, so far.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ironhawke
This is the problem with some researchers...they have a theory and when things like actual, documented facts come along they shriek "Disinfo! Lies! Watch out! trust NO ONE! OMGWTFBBQ!!!!!!" Looking at you Mr Icke and Mr Jones....

Exactly. It's the all too convenient "government bogey man" rather than just shoddy fact checking/"research" or in this case, outright hoaxing (yes, I'm going to call it a hoax as there is no way they could not have known that.)

I have this feeling that the the whole thing was staged as part of a documentary to show just how uncritically minded the UFO community is. Mirage Men II - The Mummy and You ?
edit on 15-5-2015 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots

Well dar Bybyots,

The problem here is that for what it is published by the media this week there are still important parts that resist to accept the debunking of the slides.

Jaime Maussan still have the support of Televisa, the biggest Latinamerican TV company, of Galavision channel 9 of the Mexican Tv and also he claim the National forensic Mexican Institute has not changed his original endorsement of the slides.

Now, Tom Carey has posted a communication in which he also talks about the testing of the slides along months before the show of Mexico city and he mentions a list of partners along the world in image processing that couldn't unblur the tag or label that now supposedly just with PhotoShop was decyphered.

Mr Carey is definitively taking the same side of Jaime Maussan in this subject and he does not show intention to concede.

If you want to read more of his post please refer to my thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...&mem=

Thanks,

The Angel of Lightness

edit on 5/15/2015 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   
For anyone whose interested, George Knapp has asked me to come on Coast to Coast AM Sunday night www.coasttocoastam.com to discuss this and how the Roswell Slide Research Group (which had a few ATS members on it) and the ATS community helped (if not LED the way) in putting the kaibash on this debacle...

I'd be happy to discuss anything you all want me to bring up, I'll be on for the first hour of the show.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Springer
Should you need any additional material, light the Bat-signal.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: CardDown

Yeah right? The biggest problem is that I have to stay conscious until 1:00am. lol

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Just drink lots and lots of coffee.

As for Jaime, the guy still adamantly defends all of the other hoaxes he's showcased. So why would he ever change now?

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   
This event in Mexico City is the nadir of "old" ufology. However, it can and should dawn the birth of a "new" ufology.

Why? Because it is 2015. With the net, modern investigative research is instantly available to the world. It's not the seventies, where such hoaxes could not just survive, but thrive. Those silly fools involved in that shameful event apparently did not know that it is very hard to keep a secret in this era. Especially when the secret is a lie of that magnitude.

The old saying, "Ufology makes for strange bedfellows", used to work. Not anymore. It's no longer acceptable when a supposedly ethical ufologist shares the dais with the likes of Maussan. No longer is the excuse of "just trying to make a buck" valid.

The internet has changed all this up. Commercial ufologists cannot get away with the shenanigans they used to. However, many of them are still stuck in a seventies mindset. They became accustomed to having their words taken as fact. It's the golden age of information technology and this sorry lot is still trying to sell us buggy whips.

I am not an anti-capitalist, at all. However, the continued attempt to monetize ufology has brought the fledgling field to its knees. So many people rely on the ufo community for their livelihood. Why is this bad? Because it is ufology. Not physics. Not chemistry. Not medicine. Ufology has always been firmly on the fringe. Mexico City kicked it right into the gutter.

The only way in which ufology can move forward today is with a pro bono ad hoc crowd sourced research group, which is open to all people and ideas. This is the only way in which alien/ufological research and findings can be discovered and verified. There can be no "legitimate" money in ufology until it is recognized as a legitimate field of research and study by the vox populi.

This would also provide a forum for peer review. Instead of hiding information behind a veil of secrecy, it is all open to be discussed by those who had knowledge of the situation and of the various disciplines necessary for unraveling the mystery. And thus, a new ufology would be born.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
From Paul Kimball's blog, The Other Side Of Truth -

"This in from one of our RSRG members who is in contact with Maussan's camp:

"Schmitt is telling Maussan that he confessed due to pressure from a company that'd he'd named, but that actually had not conducted an analysis. The company's lawyer has forced him to deny everything. This is believed to be an excuse by Schmitt to get him out of trouble with Maussan."

And so it continues..."

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ironhawke
This is the problem with some researchers...they have a theory and when things like actual, documented facts come along they shriek "Disinfo! Lies! Watch out! trust NO ONE! OMGWTFBBQ!!!!!!" Looking at you Mr Icke and Mr Jones....

Maussan isn't a researcher. Maussan is a clown. Period.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Just a slight adjustment to the google translation of Maussan's twitter message. Of no importance really.

“Really scary .. There are very powerful interests trying to prevent this transcends history. Think what they want”

Might be more like:

“Really scary .. There are very powerful interests trying to prevent this story coming out. They can think whatever they like.”

Good work to all those who were involved in the other thread, you guys are , indeed, the bomb!

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   

“Someday I'll write the story of what is happening behind the story of Slides .. Do not believe anything they're saying”

And for only $9.99 you can read about it.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Don't you mean the "low, low price" of $29.99? After all, he is a salesman and he'll have most suckers paying more for less.
edit on 5/16/2015 by Kojiro because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I welcome all their ridiculous retorts to the TRUTH, it makes the job of exposing thier B.S., lies, scams, hoaxes, and utter incompetency (should they ever choose to back pedal from these statements) much easier to crack like the rotten eggs they are.

sigh...
edit on 5-17-2015 by Springer because: added the all important letter "c" to rack.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Problem is believers tend not to care. Some will always see only what they want to see.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join