It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Lives Matter? Really?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Officer Liquori Tate, 24 years old, a black man was recently gunned down by 2 black men in Hattiesburg, Mississippi. What exactly are the rules for "blacklivesmatter" because it doesn't seem his life mattered?!
Is this a "oops" our bad? Or is it just something of convenience? Is it about the cops or a person's race? Which is it?

Furthermore, many of these "peaceful protest" and riots have done nothing but rob the black business owner of their lively hood by burning, looting and destroying their businesses. So tell me, why didn't their black lives matter?

I'm starting to see a clearer picture and an excuse card that is being way to played out. I'll keep to myself who I believe started all this nonsense, if your smart you'll know as well and no it's not Sharpton and that bunch, they simply seen the money wagon rolling down the road and jumped on board.

Side note: I know there are many cops that kill because they can or they feel they are above the law or just hostile to begin with and this needs to be stopped, but that will NOT happen by separating skin colors. United we stand, divided we fall. Bottom line. You can NOT say it's race related or # blacklivesmatter and then go out and shoot a BLACK officer for no reason and burn down your peoples place of business. So what's really going on here?

source

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Staroth
Officer Liquori Tate, 24 years old, a black man was recently gunned down by 2 black men in Hattiesburg, Mississippi. What exactly are the rules for "blacklivesmatter" because it doesn't seem his life mattered?!
Is this a "oops" our bad? Or is it just something of convenience? Is it about the cops or a person's race? Which is it?

Furthermore, many of these "peaceful protest" and riots have done nothing but rob the black business owner of their lively hood by burning, looting and destroying their businesses. So tell me, why didn't their black lives matter?

I'm starting to see a clearer picture and an excuse card that is being way to played out. I'll keep to myself who I believe started all this nonsense, if your smart you'll know as well and no it's not Sharpton and that bunch, they simply seen the money wagon rolling down the road and jumped on board.

Side note: I know there are many cops that kill because they can or they feel they are above the law or just hostile to begin with and this needs to be stopped, but that will NOT happen by separating skin colors. United we stand, divided we fall. Bottom line. You can NOT say it's race related or # blacklivesmatter and then go out and shoot a BLACK officer for no reason and burn down your peoples place of business. So what's really going on here?

source

The slogan is imperfect in a literal sense. The offences and outrage are very real. Why concentrate on dissecting the slogan? Do you honestly think it's pertinent?

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

Why concentrate on dissecting the slogan?

Because that is what the OP is about!

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
The biggest problem I have with the current movement. In Ferguson where this really caught fire, the champion was a thug and a criminal. Yet the hands up don't shoot slogan is still in use and they still champion his cause.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Black Lives Matter is specific to people who die and are left without justice ie no arrests or charges dropped etc

This officers killers have been arrested, charged, & will see the inside of a prison cell for a couple decades.

Did his black life matter, yes...

Does his murder fit the context of the slogan, no...

Simple really.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
What's really going on here is over generalization. Taking specific cases or examples and extrapolating sweeping 'truths' from them. For example:

A peaceful protest. Within this peaceful protest are various kinds of people. The people who want to peacefully demonstrate to the world their concerns over an issue. There are also, among these people at the protest, those who believe in the specific issue at hand, but also want it to be non-peaceful as to demonstrate the seriousness of their own concern.

There are also those who have no concern for the specific situation at all and want only to feed the their own selfish ends. These people will espouse the philosophy being presented by the other types of people but who use it only as a cover to achieve their own ends.

Trying to categorize the actions of all by the few is an example of the over generalization I spoke of. In past times, in regards the race issue, this was called stereotyping. Specifically generalizing all black people by the actions of 'some' black people. But even this is only a specific case as stereotyping, of over generalization.

You can NOT say it's race related or # blacklivesmatter and then go out and shoot a BLACK officer for no reason and burn down your peoples place of business

Ten to one, those good people who chant 'blacklivesmatter' are not the ones that kill a black officer, burn businesses. It is the ones who who lurk in the shadows of those good people.

And as far as those national 'leaders', like, and this is only one specific example, Sharpton and Jackson to name two, who set themselves up as the 'voice' representing large groups of people without calling out and chasing down those criminals within a larger group, well, those guys need to get out of the way and let more mature leaders emerge.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Black Lives Matter is specific to people who die and are left without justice ie no arrests or charges dropped etc

This officers killers have been arrested, charged, & will see the inside of a prison cell for a couple decades.

Simple really.

Well said!!! Except this would also mean that blacks are divided. What do you think caused this?
edit on 12-5-2015 by Staroth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
That excuse card is not limited to race. It seems politicians use it a lot and so do many people in society. Sidetracking the issue should not be done. Focus on the real injustices and work towards making this a better country. People committing crimes are protected too much and are back out on the street without appropriate punishment. This leads to an increase of crime if they think they can get off without any repercussions. Teach the young that crime doesn't pay before they get older and the crimes get worse.

It does not make any difference what color a dishonest person is. It doesn't matter what color a jerk is.

(post by TheCleezeReport removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Staroth
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Simple really.

Well said!!! Except this would also mean that blacks are divided. What do you think caused this?

Honestly couldn't say Staroth.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Simple really.

Really? Then where is Black Lives Matter for all the victims on every single milk carton and missing persons poster in America?

Do those lives matter or only the black ones?

Not only that but several innocent black children have been gunned down by random black thugs in my city recently. Where is Black Lives Matter for them?

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Staroth

The fact that due to a persons skin color, we are not permitted to discuss a "behavioral issue" without being labeled a racist, is in of itself and issue of Progressive Cancer that is destroying the world.

How else can anyone honestly overlook that one simple issue?

If someone behaves badly regardless of the color of their skin and it is their "behavior" that is being talked about? Can someone please fill me in on how addressing a behavior correlates to racism?

When did being a perpetrator of violence, become an excuse for calling them a victim? Not for nothing? Who is benefiting from this "victim mentality"?

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   

#blacklivesmatter is about the blatant disregard of black lives at various levels of our justice system. The tragedy with this cop has nothing to do with injustice.
edit on 5/12/2015 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Black lives matter as long as the person doing the killing is white. Otherwise, black lives don't mean sh*t.

Look at how inconsistent these buffoons are with their logic. Freddie Gray has a rap sheet 20 miles long and a known dope dealer. So his life matters as long as there is suspicion of his death being caused by white cops (Ignoring the fact that three of those charged are black; you have a black police chief, black mayor, black city council, but some how it si white racism) Yet, these same folks didn't have sh*t to say about Freddie Gray selling dope to his own people.

So the dope dealer's life matters, but the lives of the dope fiends and others in the community people like Freddy Gray destroyed don't?

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Agreed!

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

#blacklivesmatter is about the blatant disregard of black lives at various levels of our justice system. The tragedy with this cop has nothing to do with injustice.

So tell me, how do they end up in the justice system?

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   

School to prison pipeline
Stop and frisk

Then there's the ridiculous ticket, fine, can't pay go to jail policies.
Do a little research.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

There is a blatant disregard for the lives of ALL the "little people" at all levels of the justice system, THAT is the cause of the problem, what you and the black lives matter people are addressing is a symptom.

Have fun being part of the distraction. no longer is the narrative about cementing our rights and freedoms as citizens against overreaching government, now it's just all leave black people alone and anyone that doesn't go along with it is a racist/bigot/idiot/fool/meanie head/republican/cop lover/whatever other stupid and dishonest labels you come up with.

The root of the problem is that there is a class of people the government will mess with, and a class of people the government won't. Not only is the gap between those classes growing, but the ill treatment of the lower class is becoming increasingly oppressive and severe, and the impunity of the upper class is increasing. In case you were confused, the classes are not divided by race, regardless of how hard you might try to imply they are.

Yet you only focus on the fact that many blacks belong to the group of little people who don't matter. Instead of focusing on the fact that a group like that exists in the first place. There shouldn't be ANY members of society who are vulnerable to abuses by police or government. But instead of wanting to take away the ability for those abuses to be perpetrated on anybody, you just want them to lay off abusing blacks specifically.

Well sorry, that's not a good game. The goal should be to neuter the ability for these state-funded groups to abuse citizens. Any citizens. In any capacity. So what do YOU want? Equality? What does that mean? Does that mean increasing the abuses of white citizens? Or decreasing the abuses of black citizens until it matches the abuses per-capita of white citizens?

I'd prefer getting rid of all abuse of citizens, but that's just me. Maybe that's why you all sound so stupid to me.

new topics

top topics

join