It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

oh no...NEPAL just had another 7.4 ...this could be bad...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Oh no...Are there going to be even more magnitude 7 quakes there? The article I posted in the first Nepal quake thread thinks so, as it needs a bigger quake of 8 magnitude or more to release the pressure in that area.

www.cbsnews.com...

"It would take scores of magnitude 7 quakes to release the pressure."

Oh geez...

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Poor people,good vibes sent to them.If only the media would come clean about the cause of these earthquakes-Planet X.We are dealing with unprecedented tectonic plate movement (in the modern era) each continent will be affected and when the Poleshift arrives your looking at mag 9 globally.

This is not surprising Nepal has experienced another adjustment,as India and it's plate are being driven under the Himalayas.Again expect the New Madrid to open up this year and the Mid Atlantic Ridge to also send a tsunami in Europe.

The data patterns suggest we will have an 8 possibly 9 mag before May is out-with a slight possibility of a minor delay-but expect it!

This EQ uptick,along with the magnetosphere eddys and increased visibility of Planet X are also painting a picture.These spring time quakes are due to planetary alignments-check this Guy out and His data!
terral03.com...

Another useful link here:
poleshift.ning.com...

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Some videos from the recent quake:

Not sure if this video is really from today, but it's being shared on social media as such...
[SNIP]

Edit: I'm unable to confirm that the above video has anything to do with today's earthquake, I'm guessing it is NOT a recent video.
Edit 2: I removed the video as it is at least 4 years old and not related to today's events.

edit on 12/5/2015 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/5/2015 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 05:01 AM
link   
a reply to: EndOfDays77

For a few months my intuition is saying Peru, hopefully wherever they will cause minimal damage. If I could direct them to certain people I would.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 05:10 AM
link   
In a way, i am really quite glad this has struck so soon whilst the people were still extremely wary. All the geological evidence from the previous quake pointed to there still being huge loaded stress on that fault so hopefully this quake has now released it all (meaning tremblers rather than shakers for locals now).

It is best to release all the energy before people get there confidence back and start moving back indoors. The shallow depth off both of these quakes makes me wonder if most large quakes in the region are also shallow depth - there may be something in the rock strata / geology causing this. Shallow quakes are much worse for causing damage, hence in a weird way it really is best if the fault can release its energy before local confidence is restored.

The main worry will be the damage caused by such a shallow quake onto already damaged buildings / building foundations.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 05:13 AM
link   
According to breaking news, they've had 6 other quakes in the 5.0 zone since this one hit.

~Tenth

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 05:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: lovemyworld
7.4 in Afghanistan and Nepal too. The entire area from HINDUKUSH to eastern India including South had tremors!

Is this an indication for a bigger one?

There was a 4.7 in Afghanistan, not 7.4. Maybe you just got that mixed up?

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 05:47 AM
link   
This guy's got some pretty good talking points. His take on terrestrial events is driven by the behaviors of the Sun. I think the first two minutes of this video are used to make suppositions.

Interesting stuff. If you follow him for a while you begin to believe you can understand what's going on.
edit on 1252015 by Snarl because: clarification

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I'm like many already here. I think we've only seen the start of this. I don't remember at anytime seeing or hearing about quakes happening this often at this level. It was always smaller and further apart time and distance.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: shaneR
the good thing is there are lots of emergency workers already there...

I read just yesterday that there are hundreds of thousands of people not getting any aid or help of any kind because the gov and emergency workers are all focusing exclusively on the major population areas.
The problem with this is that there are hundreds of thousands of people living in more rural locations where everything has been destroyed.

Nothing is going to change until the people force their governments to work for them and actually do their damn jobs. Building standards across these countries are an absolute joke. The corrupt governments of these countries do absolutely nothing when their "business friend" throws up a five story building using aluminum beams and wallpaper paste - as long as they get a nice little kickback to "overlook" the needed safety paperwork.

It's no accident that the countries with the lowest standards are also some of the most corrupt in the world.

I really hope that enough people get so angry about this loss of life they take actual action against their government and find those responsible at the local and national level.

edit on 12-5-2015 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

Ya, I had misunderstood, I guess. But it kept on coming in the news the timings of the 3 quakes , the intensities were different.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I'm not taking anything away from the terrible effects this could have on the humanity there, but this begs the question: In an area that is situated on a mountain range that was most likely shoved upward violently by two tectonic plates ramming into each other, is it such a surprise that the earthquakes there are so violent?

Setting aside all emotion for a second--we could be witnessing a really interesting geological happening going on. Yes, my heart goes out to all who are negatively affected, but just scientifically speaking, this could be really interesting.

Scary, but interesting.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl
OMG, that's terrible! I posted an article on the first Nepal earthquake thread about scientists worried another big one would happen because the first one didn't release enough pressure. Looks like they were right!

I'll see if I can find it again and post it.

I feel so bad for everyone there. I pray it's not as bad this time...

Is this the link?

www.livescience.com...

There's the problem. You've got two continental plates crushing into each other at a rate of 2cm. Imagine thousands of miles of rock going hundreds of kilometers down underground just being pushed against each other for hundreds of years. Every few centuries or so there's a massive earthquake.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: lovemyworld

hi all...sorry to report that the DEATH TOLL is already 37...

according to ABC news (ABC Australia)

www.abc.net.au...

At least 37 people have been killed and
more than 1,000 injured after a magnitude-7.3 earthquake
struck north-eastern Nepal, just over two weeks after a
devastating quake killed more than 8,000 people and
destroyed parts of the country.

The earthquake struck at a depth of 19 kilometres, 83 kilometres east
of the capital Kathmandu — near the base camp for Everest — about
12:30pm local time, the United States Geological Survey said.

Buildings that were weakened by a magnitude-7.8 quake less than
three weeks ago collapsed, according to reports.

Most of the reported fatalities were in villages to the east of Kathmandu.

Five died in Sindhupalchowk, district administrator Krishna Gwayali said.
He said the deaths were on a highway towards Tibet.

In the same area there were reports of three major landslides.

Six more were killed in Dolakha district close to the epicentre,
an eyewitness said, adding that rescuers were trying to reach
three people trapped in a house.

In the capital three people died, a police official told news agency
Reuters. One man was killed by falling rocks in Chinese Tibet.

Aid workers reported serious damage to some villages seen from
the air and witnesses reported seeing rocks and mud crashing down
remote hillsides lined with roads and small hamlets.

The quake was followed by at least half a dozen aftershocks,
including one as big as magnitude 6.3.

A spokesman for the International Organisation for Migration said
the quake destroyed several buildings in the central Chautara district.

The earthquake caused people to run out of buildings in Kathmandu.
There were no immediate reports of damage to buildings in the capital,
but shopkeepers closed their shops, Reuters reported.

"This is a really big one," Prakash Shilpakar, the owner of a handicrafts
shop in Kathmandu, said.

According to accounts on Twitter, the quake caused widespread panic
and major traffic jams in the capital.

Parents could be seen clutching children tightly and hundreds of people
were frantically trying to call relatives on their mobile phones.

Oxfam Australia's Cecilia Keizer is in Kathmandu and said she felt the
building she was in shake.

"I was on the top floor, so I stayed put. But a lot of our staff, they are
really trembling and shaking and crying," she told the ABC.

"It is really a very bad feeling, because people are already traumatised.
We are fearing really severe damages again to buildings and probably also
with some casualties."

Expedition Operators' Association of Nepal president Dambar Parajuli said
there were no climbers or Nepali Sherpa guides at the Everest base camp.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: ObjectZero
I'm like many already here. I think we've only seen the start of this. I don't remember at anytime seeing or hearing about quakes happening this often at this level. It was always smaller and further apart time and distance.

There will be great earthquakes, and in one place after another

Jesus Christ, 33 AD

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
I'm not taking anything away from the terrible effects this could have on the humanity there, but this begs the question: In an area that is situated on a mountain range that was most likely shoved upward violently by two tectonic plates ramming into each other, is it such a surprise that the earthquakes there are so violent?

Setting aside all emotion for a second--we could be witnessing a really interesting geological happening going on. Yes, my heart goes out to all who are negatively affected, but just scientifically speaking, this could be really interesting.

Scary, but interesting.

Obviously, such an area is going to have massive potential tectonic energy. I personally think the biggest suprise for those of us that are interested in earthquakes is the shallow depths they occur at. In very simple terms, shallow quakes at such a large magnitude can be far more damaging (and terrifying) than larger quakes that usually occur much deeper.

As a result, i am not suprised in the slightest that people don't want to sleep inside at the moment. For anyone that hasn't seen in, i would suggest searching for the garden cctv of the first Nepal quake and look closely at the small brick building to the side. The amount of movement is just staggering.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: EndOfDays77

I hope you're wrong.

BBC aired a programme with a mega tsunami in the Atlantic basically wiping out the entire East Coast and most of Western Europe.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   
A few people who I follow on YouTube definitely warned that there would be a lot of quake activity, in relation to Sun phenomena. CMEs and such. I had a feeling there would be at least another decently large quake. Such a shame. Positive vibes definitely need to be sent their way.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell

originally posted by: texasgirl

OMG, that's terrible! I posted an article on the first Nepal earthquake thread about scientists worried another big one would happen because the first one didn't release enough pressure. Looks like they were right!

I'll see if I can find it again and post it.

I feel so bad for everyone there. I pray it's not as bad this time...

Is this the link?

www.livescience.com...

There's the problem. You've got two continental plates crushing into each other at a rate of 2cm. Imagine thousands of miles of rock going hundreds of kilometers down underground just being pushed against each other for hundreds of years. Every few centuries or so there's a massive earthquake.

Already provided link in post at very top (on this page).

Yes, that is the same article but from CBS news.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   
there are some alternative news sites trying to hoo-doo CERN activity with these EQs...

these 2 EQs are Slip faults with the slip being upward as two plates collide = 1 moves the other gets pushed

from the OP link;

...earthquake (SE of Zham, China) occurred as the result of thrust faulting on or near the decollément associated with the Main Himalayan Thrust, which defines the interface between the underthrusting India plate and the overriding Eurasia plate to the north.
[...]
While commonly plotted as points on maps, earthquakes of this size are more appropriately described as slip over a larger fault area. Events of the size of the May 12, 2015 earthquake are typically about 55x30 km in size (length x width). The April 25, 2015 M 7.8 mainshock had approximate dimensions of ~120x80 km,...

earthquake.usgs.gov...

yep...no woo-woo involved...just geologic action underway...
which probably unrelated to CMEs, tides, moon alignments, et al.... I might be able to stretch my logic to agree that the seafloor spreading in the Red Sea/North Africa area where the new Ocean is growing is what's causing a chain reaction that pushes against the India plate and the leading edge at the Himalaya Mountains
edit on th31143144165212402015 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join