It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas winner of Muhammad cartoon

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Lgbtlivesmatter

Have you even read the thread? Even you yourself said something like you can't believe someone would go to bat for these people. I am the only one defending any type of muslim at all in this thread so your statement was geared towards me. Which I never said at any point I was defending fanatical muslims and I have made that clear in about every post.

So you claim it is obvious "not those"... yet you mention you can't understand why anyone would go to bat for these people....so who was it who went to bat for them? Show me...quote the post and ill apologize.

People don't have to qualify every statement...of course not...but with yours you do because you are claiming/implying im "going to bat" for fanatical muslims.
edit on 10-5-2015 by rockpaperhammock because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: rockpaperhammock

Yes I did say I can't believe people would go to bat for these people

And if you can't differentiate who I'm talking about then I guess my last statement was correct

Some among us apparently you included are too stupid to figure out who we are talking about

If you can't parse who the subject of the thread is referring to, and need every time anyone talks about idiots trying to carry out a terrorist plot , to be qualified before hand

The. Id say the problem isn't us, it's the lack of people who can't think critically

I refuse to have to say "now now not all Muslims " every time I talk about an incident just to keep the idiots happy who want to jump on the "bigot " bandwagon

Perhaps you should turn that perception inwards and find out why you and others truly need that to be done

We aren't the problem

You are

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   

calling me stupid?

Lgbtlives do matter....just not yours...

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: rockpaperhammock

jesus might've smoked weed. hey, isn't he on packs of zig zag rolling papers?

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: rockpaperhammock

calling me stupid?

hmm, i can't quite figure you out. what is it you're trying to say? that you're mad that people drew cartoons or that people defend people who drew the cartoons?

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   

calling me stupid?

No I'm calling the need to have to do that stupid there's a difference, but thank you for showing everyone who the real hateful one is in this thread

Not surprising, again it turns out to be someone whose claiming moral highground by being politically correct

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Ya well when you call me stupid...gloves are off. Once attacked im cool with attacking back...same as with fanatical muslims. Which was the whole point of my opinion. What did you expect to happen after calling someone stupid?

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Ya well when you call me stupid...gloves are off. Once attacked im cool with attacking back...same as with fanatical muslims. Which was the whole point of my opinion. What did you expect to happen after calling someone stupid?

I'm not really concerned, again you can't seem to differentiate between being called stupid and the act it's self being stupid

I've seen you literally cuss people out and have your posts removed on other threads w other posters. I didn't expect a fruitful discussion
edit on 10-5-2015 by Lgbtlivesmatter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Britguy
Yaaaaay!
So when is there gonna be a cartoon competition ridiculing Judaism and their deity?

In the interests of fair play, I may suggest this to Pamela Geller and see if she supports it.

No one draws cartoons of Islam's deity (at least I've never heard of it happening).

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I find it sad that freedom of speech is now a joke. Instead of it's intended use, it is now being used as a tool for causing trouble.

Drawing the the prophet just to stir up trouble is childish. The majority of people who agree with this use of freedom of speech has the mentality of grade schooler.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 02:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

This, along with many other incidents on this topic, have me asking a question -

Can someone please show me / cite the passage in the Quran where showing a picture of the Prophet Mohammed is forbidden.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 03:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

There's no such passage in the Quran. The banning of imagery arose from the secondary accounts of what Mohammed is supposed to have said. In a practical sense, the whole thing is based on 'he said/she said' in the same way as some of the Gospels are.

It's absurd in my opinion and yet I've no urge to go drawing the guy whether it upsets people or not. It's like the 'thou shalt not' rulings from the Bible about 'idols' and there are all these 1000s of churches and stores selling Virgin Marys and Christs. These major religions just seem to interpret whatever they like until it suits them.
edit on 5.11.2015 by Kandinsky because: Typoed Quaran

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 03:14 AM
link   
I live in a highly Asian area that is mostly people of Pakistani origin, there's also a lot of Sri Lankans and an ever expanding Somali community so between the first and last its a very Muslim area, now there's a great many normal nice Muslims who practice their religion, DON'T try and force it on others unlike the Radicals who fail to follow the book which says respect others choice of religion. Sadly the area is becoming more and more radicalised so on occasions when I'm out with my wife you get the beardy buffoons in their gang hurling insults at those whom they perceive as 'kuffars' (non Muslims), now I'm a white non Muslim and my Wife is British born (same hospital as our daughter) but her parents are from Guyana originally, they are Muslims as is my wife but not in the Head scarf wearing way, she follows religion but not the ancient nonsense and certainly NOT the man made rubbish these radicals do. So we get all sorts of death threats, placards saying they would hack our heads off and both verbal and spitting abuse as do others they deem as Non Muslim, because they hang around in gangs its hard to fight back but I caught one of them on his own and lets say he could not talk for a few days and needed dental help.

Now the issue here and the part it has to do with the thread is that these people do all this openly while a Non Muslim just protesting against the Radicals would either face arrest of be attacked by a group of Muslims (as long as they out numbered them many times over, cowardly scum). The point of the competition was to say we are allowed to do this in our country because free speech is so important, yes it was a risky subject BUT that was the whole point, we simply cannot shut down free speech because they don't like it about them, once they get the point that we can say what we like just like them then the point of the competition becomes obsolete as both sides would understand the point of free speech but while they refuse to follow our rules and customs then we simply can't be seen to back down on our principles and rights because they will steam roller all over us.

Do I want to shout abuse at Radicals, NO, I simply want them to know if they want to abuse then I also have that right and I hope we cancel each other out.

While we allow one off shoot of a religion to dictate to us then this problem will only escalate because of them, we really do need to start coming down hard on radicals in this country, if you don't like our customs or ways then you by the kind laws given to you in this place have the option to relocate to where you feel comfortable, removing our rules and culture for yours must NEVER be an option, not only is it not Normal Muslim conduct its allowing a minority that is growing at a stunning rate to take over our countries in favour of a cruel twisted highly controlled violent life style ran by men for men.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 03:40 AM
link   

a reply to: Violater1

I don't....I mean its like walking up to a fat person and calling them "fat". If it pisses people off to draw him then why have a contest. I certainly believe if you want to draw him you can...but why make a contest out of it. Just seems disrespectful.

A fat person won't cut my head off, while screaming "McDONALDS AKBAR, McDONALDS IS THE ONE TRUE FOOD", for calling him/her fat.

However, a Fat Islamic Extremist might...
edit on 11-5-2015 by BobaFettish because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 03:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Britguy
Yaaaaay!
So when is there gonna be a cartoon competition ridiculing Judaism and their deity?

In the interests of fair play, I may suggest this to Pamela Geller and see if she supports it.

Ate you crazy

Mossad would get you

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Britguy

S'il vous plait :

Iran Holocaust cartoon contest receives hundreds of submissions from all over the world

And the winner is :

By Moroccan artist Abdellah Derkaoui.

a reply to: Ritter327

Ever heard of French cartoonist Zéon ?

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Acidx
Who gives a # if they are offended. As a christian you are not supposed to make graven images of things In heaven, like Jesus. Yet no christian has ever shot up an Islamic hate rally for burning bibles.
This Islamic religion has to go, if only Hitler had exterminated those bastards instead.

Why don't you give it a go, big balls!

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

It originally comes from Mosaic Law...

No graven images or idols etc...

It's not in the Quran though.

Though I don't know anyone who would idolise these images to be honest.

& if they do... Meh.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: theultimatebelgianjoke

I know Iran had this event. I was thinking more of one held in the US... or the UK... or France! Just for balance sake of course!

Anyone got Pamela Gellers phone number?
I was thinking of calling her to get the Mohammed competition winners name as I was thinking of setting up a sweepstake around how long until we see the videotaped beheading of the winner, at the hands of a scary ISIS dude, courtesy of her buddies at SITE Intelligence!

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Britguy

To be fair to Pamela Geller...
She would probably accept your proposal and counter it with her own campaign.

She recently complained about "anti-Jewish" posters on buses...

Which basically were "stop funding Israel & Zionists with Aid money" posters rather than Antisemitic...

So she campaigned to get her own posters up.

I think she is still waiting to here back from them.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join