It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roswell Slides Solve the mystery in 1.5 minutes (Your independent verification welcomed)

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: CosmicRay

Well, I think that Don Schmitt will drop all his commitments concerning the infamous slides.

Nobody is perfect, and the greatness of a man lies in the admission of having been wrong.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: HeywoodFloyd
I just want to add, for everyone who wants to try, than you don't need a preset kernel to do it.
The SmartDeblur software generates the "kernel" itself.

These are the steps:

I've thanked HeywoodFloyd privately, but I'd like to post an open message thanking him and other members of ATS for providing independent confirmation of the results of the Roswell Slides Research Team (with and without using the "kernel" mentioned by HeywoodFloyd).

By acting as a community, the deburring results were quickly and thoroughly double-checked.

Initial concerns expressed by a few supporters of the slides about potential fakery were very rapidly rebutted by the independent confirmations from various people using various methods - which doubtless has had an impact on the views taken within the UFO community of the deblurring results.

It has been a pleasure to participate in this thread.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: IsaacKoi

Thank you for your words, IsaacKoi
It has been a pleasure, a challenge, and exciting to take part in this thread.

It was 3 years I was not posting on ATS.

However it all happened thanks to your group
- and to the developer of the amazing SmartDeblur software, Vladimir Yuzhikov

yuzhikov.com...

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: draknoir2
Has anyone applied this software to the Ramey Letter?

Having fiddled with images of the Ramey Letter, I think that the problem is not so much blurring as it is lack of resolution. But it would still be interesting to see what it came up with. What the hey.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: HeywoodFloyd Thanks Heywood for the post on Zabel -

No, I'm not letting Dolan off the hook that easily. He DID see the photos PRIOR to the show. There is video of him on the net discussing how intriguing they are and that they do not appear human. (Frankly, I have bronchitis, so this post will not be up to my usual standards. Don't feel like searching for that link right now, but it's out there.) Additionally, he was the final presenter at the show. He said during that presentation the same thing - that he supported all the "experts" findings that this mummy was not human.

The Con had to be built, the deception built and the defrauding of the people had to be developed.

The lesson here is they played the UFO community like a bunch of hopeful religion junkies and took a lot of money from them dishonestly.

Why do you think they didn't release the slides? They did everything but release the slides. They built a big mystery to net in as many gullible fish as possible and then sprang the trap. It's called a Bait and Switch. They promised slides of a Roswell alien and delivered images of a dead child in a museum. It can't be any clearer. This was pre-planned and executed, but not brilliantly. They got caught and there is a lot of back peddling and excuses.

A few, Schmitt & Bragalia, have come clean. I doubt that Dolan will ever be man enough to do the same.

Pertaining to Zabel -This is the sort of "logic" I heard six months ago in relation to these $#%^@&* slides. You don't need image processing to arrive at this conclusion. Anyone who listened to this pathetically weak argument figured out from the day these damnable things were first mentioned it was ridiculous. Forget about chain of custody, provenance, photographic analysis. The ENTIRE spectacle has been one gigantic sham.

edit on 14-5-2015 by LiteraryJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   

IsaacKoi, I think you should make a new thread, informing the ATS member that the "Roswell Slides" case is solved.
including the statements of Don Schmitt, Richard Dolan, etc.

How it was solved, Smart Deblur, the story of how it happened, etc.

And remarking that it has been solved thanks to an open team approach, right on Above Top Secret forum.

(if you have the time and will to do it).

The title could be something along the lines of ""Roswell Slides Case solved" or similar.

I think it would be good for ATS.
This has been a victory also for the ATS forum.
And you are the right person to do it.

(if ATS mods allow...)

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: LiteraryJourney

I agree with most of your points.

especially "they played the UFO community like a bunch of hopeful religion junkies and took a lot of money from them dishonestly. "

about Richard Dolan it is a complex and lengthy question, which I will try to address as soon as I can.

I have been following Dolan's Facebook page daily, since May 4th, and I listened to his show on Coast to Coast of May 5th, so I know perfectly what he wrote day by day, as the story progressed.
I also wrote on his wall and got his replies.

I need to find the data and assemble the post.
As soon as I can, I will do it.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   

It has been a pleasure to participate in this thread.

I echo the same sentiments Isaac. We solved it (well I didn't) but ATS as a community did after following the diligent work of the "Roswell Slides" Research Group. I am pleased that this form of 'crowd sourcing' worked in solving the puzzle. It was even strong enough to destroy any "debunker conspiracy" claims in the end.

But as I said way back in the thread I gain no satisfaction from this whole episode. It seems like someone took fairly spurious of circumstances and tried very hard to make a case for it being a Roswell alien. When anyone looking at it with any common sense could see that it was a very spurious case to begin and should never, ever have been the focus of a conference presented to thousands of people.

The community achieved something and it's a major turning point. But it was ultimately a negative one.

So I hope one day in the future we (i.e - ATS as a community along with other researchers) will be able to identify something in a much more positive way. Something that points to a truly anomalous and interesting event that may even attract mainstream science.

Maybe I'm being far too optimistic. But we have at least taken a step forward this past week.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman
I hope one day in the future we (i.e - ATS as a community along with other researchers) will be able to identify something in a much more positive way.

Well, there are certainly plenty of fairly simple and easy positive steps that the UFO community could take together that would result in vast amounts of further UFO material being freely shared online.

I'm not sure many people in the UFO community realise how much low-hanging fruit awaits just a little bit of effort.

I'm also not sure whether the will exists to exert that little bit of effort.

Having spent a bit of time dealing with the Roswell Slides nonsense (resulting in a risk of my being labelled a debunker), I now feel obligated to finish off one or two of the more positive threads I've been researching in the last year.

I find posting a mix of such threads has helped me maintain a reputation for being objective - and has thoroughly confused some people.

So, with that in mind, I very much doubt I'll be writing another thread on the Roswell Slides along the lines suggested by HeywoodFloyd.

edit on 14-5-2015 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Well, it's all well that ends well.

Seriously though, this little debacle has proven several theories I've had for decades that involve the need for speed, greed, and grass seed, and why there should be barricades at car races.

Exactly...

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Just for the record:
(and for a laugh)

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: HeywoodFloyd

Right?!
This guy (Maussan) is just surreal.
That's me being kind about what I really think BTW...

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: torsion

Oh yes, I see. I must have misread it, but then the syntax was a bit funny after going through Google Translate. But that's just like this cretin to defend a proven hoax until he's blue in the face. Hell, he still defends all of the other hoaxes he's showcased.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: torsion

Yes, just Carey and Maussan to come clean. The sooner the better, too. I'm sure Schmitt feels a weight of his shoulders now he's acknowledged he was wrong and has given what comes across as a sincere apology.

What about Adam Dew, the epicenter of this whole shenanigan? What word from him?

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: CosmicRay
a reply to: HeywoodFloyd

An honourable admission for sure, but I wonder if he'll be making any changes to the Roswell presentations he's giving on May 30th at Contact in the Desert.

originally posted by: mirageman
However I get the feeling that because of his personal links with the people involved he is making excuses for them in a roundabout way.

Not just personal links, Zabel is financially invested in Schmitt with the documentary he's doing about him. I imagine if Zabel said anything negative about Schmitt then Schmitt could make things very difficult for him and his film Majic Men.

Hollywood Gold!! Do you realize that this whole event upped the interesting part of the dynamics of the Majic Men story. Zabel must be giddy to add such drama into the film.
edit on 14-5-2015 by thepixelpusher because: content

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   

I can see it now. The Pentagon orders thousands of copies of Smart Deblur. Maybe they already have?!
edit on 14-5-2015 by thepixelpusher because: edit

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: LiteraryJourney
A few, Schmitt & Bragalia, have come clean. I doubt that Dolan will ever be man enough to do the same.

Don't count him out, yet. He recently agreed on a Facebook page ['Dark Matters;] that the 'Day Before Disclosure' documentary's use of two stories associated with Gordon Cooper [the Mercury=9 'UFO' and the 'Ferrando' quote] was a mistake because he accepted now that both stories were hoaxes, which had always been denounced as such by Cooper himself.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   

I just saw that Jaime Maussan still persists in his unbelievable farce...
(see his last tweets here, hours after Don Schmitt's apologies):

twitter.com...

so I could not resist, and I opened a thread about it...

"Roswell Slides solved. But Jaime Maussan..."

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I have a question:

Do someone here know the current position of Tom Carey?

Has he apologized too?

and what about Adam Dew?
Any news on his position?

Thanks in advance.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: HeywoodFloyd Heywood,

Here is TC's still defiant statement which was posted on Kevin Randle's blog 2 days ago -

kevinrandle.blogspot.com...

Pertaining to Dew - nada. In hiding.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join