It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fermi Paradox — Where Are All The Aliens?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
"it is quite depressing if you had any hope of alien contact.."

Its funny that you assume there has been no alien contact.

There are so many cases of mass sightings and UFO activity well documented and disclosed by other countries.

Because you have not witnessed them yourself doesn't mean they don't exist.

---

Now why don't they present themselves out in the open, intentionally, documented by News crews or something like that? Well there might be a reason behind that. Not sure what it is.

There has supposedly been meetings with dialog made between some alien races.

I am most certain alien and/or interdimensional beings have visited / are visiting us.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Think of it this way:

When you happen to come across an ant hill, beehive, flock of birds, or, perhaps, more appropriately, a mass of maggots chewing on roadkill, you may stop to observe for a while, but chances are you won't make any attempt to "communicate".

Why would you? The critters can't understand you, are self-absorbed, and wouldn't know how to respond in any case.

One day, perhaps. But likely not in our lifetimes. We're not ready. We don't know how. Most don't care. And we may not be deserving anyway...

edit on 5/16/2015 by Outrageo because:

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: nOraKat
"it is quite depressing if you had any hope of alien contact.."

Its funny that you assume there has been no alien contact.

There are so many cases of mass sightings and UFO activity well documented and disclosed by other countries.

Because you have not witnessed them yourself doesn't mean they don't exist.

---

Now why don't they present themselves out in the open, intentionally, documented by News crews or something like that? Well there might be a reason behind that. Not sure what it is.

There has supposedly been meetings with dialog made between some alien races.

I am most certain alien and/or interdimensional beings have visited / are visiting us.

Good post, and you're absolutely right, of course aliens are here. The evidence that you would have to ignore to pretend otherwise is enormous, but some people will do anything to avoid facing the reality of alien contact. It's mostly the result of indoctrination, but a healthy fear of predators enters into it too.

I'm still a little astounded at how many people come to the UFO and alien forum who don't even think aliens are here! It baffles me, why come here if not to rail against the cover-up, or hold the media accountable, or discuss what we can learn about the aliens from the reports of close encounters.

Anyway, yep, aliens are here, if anyone isn't yet aware of that.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Scdfa

It baffles me, why come here if not to rail against the cover-up, or hold the media accountable, or discuss what we can learn about the aliens from the reports of close encounters.

Why? To look for actual evidence of extraterrestrial visits. Turns out there isn't much of any. Lot of stories, youtube videos of lights, and hoaxes though.

We know that there are UFOs. Don't really know what they are though.

edit on 5/16/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Well Al Gore was born 9 months after Roswell

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Why? To look for actual evidence of extraterrestrial visits. Turns out there isn't much of any. Lot of stories, youtube videos of lights, and hoaxes though.

LOL Is that so? Not much in the way of evidence, except for mountains of evidence.

Yet you're still here. Month after month, no evidence, you say, but here you are.

What's the point of that, exactly?

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   

LOL Is that so? Not much in the way of evidence, except for mountains of evidence.
Not unless you count stories, youtube videos, and hoaxes to be evidence.

Still looking. Looking for something other than stories, youtube videos, and hoaxes. I know, I probably won't find it here, but every once in a great while something interesting shows up.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Not unless you count stories, youtube videos, and hoaxes to be evidence.

Still looking. Looking for something other than stories, youtube videos, and hoaxes. I know, I probably won't find it here, but every once in a great while something interesting shows up.

You hang in there, son. When and if you decide to get serious about UFO evidence, I'd suggest NICAP.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I've seen the stories. Some are interesting. Some are idiotic.
When the known failures of human perception and memory are taken into account, none have enough information to conclude extraterrestrial intelligence.

Lots of UFOs though.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   

I've seen the stories. Some are interesting. Some are idiotic.
When the known failures of human perception and memory are taken into account, none have enough information to conclude extraterrestrial intelligence.

Lots of UFOs though.

Stories? You may be thinking Mother Goose. NICAP was not in the business of telling stories, they were in the business of investigating UFO and alien encounters using the scientific method.

NICAP probably had the most visibility of any civilian American UFO group, and arguably had the most mainstream respectability; Jerome Clark writes that "for many middle-class Americans and others interested in UFOs but repelled by ufology’s fringe aspects, it served as a sober forum for UFO reporting, inquiry, investigation, and speculation".

NyICAP advocated transparent scientific investigation of UFO sightings and was skeptical of "contactee" tales involving meetings with space visitors, the alien abduction phenomenon, and the like.

The presence of several prominent military officials as members of NICAP brought a further measure of respectability for many observers. Throughout its existence, NICAP argued that there was an organized governmental cover up of UFO evidence. NICAP also pushed for governmental hearings regarding UFOs, to at best limited and occasional success.

Though any UFO-related group attracts a number of uncritical enthusiasts along with a small percentage of cranks, astronomer J. Allen Hynek cited NICAP and APRO as the two best civilian UFO groups of their time, consisting largely of sober, serious minded people capable of valuable contributions to the subject.

Until the mid-1960s, NICAP gave little attention to close encounters of the third kind (where animated beings are purportedly sighted in relation to a UFO). However, longtime NICAP member Richard H. Hall related privately that this position was "tactical and not doctrinaire." In other words, NICAP did not necessarily dismiss occupant reports out of hand, but elected to focus on other aspects of the UFO phenomenon which would be perceived by mainstream observers as less outlandish. The attention given to the contactees of the 1950s (who typically claimed ongoing contact with benevolent "Space Brothers") was almost certainly a factor in NICAP’s reluctance to study UFO occupant reports too closely. But with the 1964 Lonnie Zamora UFO encounter — regarded by researchers as one of the most reliable UFO occupant reports — NICAP loosened its restrictions on studying UFO occupant reports.

Donald Keyhoe became NICAP’s director. He established a monthly newsletter, The U.F.O. Investigator. Another prominent figure joined NICAP’s board of governors: Keyhoe's Naval Academy classmate VADM Roscoe H. Hillenkoetter, USN (Ret.) He had been Director of Central Intelligence and first head of the Central Intelligence Agency. Another important name on the letterhead was that of Gen. Albert Coady Wedemeyer USA (Ret.)

The organization had chapters and local associates scattered throughout the United States. Many of their members were amateurs, but a considerable percentage were professionals, including journalists, military personnel, scientists and medical doctors. One of NICAP’s prime goals was thorough field investigations of UFO reports. They would eventually compile a significant number of case files and field investigations which Clark characterises as "often first rate".

edit on 16-5-2015 by Scdfa because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   

NICAP was not in the business of telling stories, the investigated UFO encounters using the scientific method.
I didn't say NICAP told stories. But they certainly do relay them, otherwise they wouldn't have much to talk about.

Sort of hard to apply the scientific method to transitory events which rely upon eyewitness reports. Pretty hard to deny that someone saw something. Also hard to rely on eyewitness reports given the known weaknesses of human perception and memory.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   

NICAP was not in the business of telling stories, the investigated UFO encounters using the scientific method.
I didn't say NICAP told stories. But they certainly do relay them, otherwise they wouldn't have much to talk about.

Sort of hard to apply the scientific method to transitory events which rely upon eyewitness reports. Pretty hard to deny that someone saw something. Also hard to rely on eyewitness reports given the known weaknesses of human perception and memory.

Pure Bull, actually. Eyewitness testimony is the cornerstone of our legal system. Tell that to the eyewitnesses at the the Boston bombing trial.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Eyewitness testimony is the cornerstone of our legal system. Tell that to the eyewitnesses at the the Boston bombing trial.

Tell that to those who have been exonerated (based on DNA evidence) for murder after being executed on a conviction based on eyewitness testimony. Eyewitness testimony is well known to be unreliable.

Scientific method and the legal system are two entirely different things. ET enthusiasts tend to forget that. They also tend to forget that for there to be a trial, there must be evidence a crime was committed in the first place.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Tell that to those who have been exonerated (based on DNA evidence) for murder after being executed on a conviction based on eyewitness testimony.

Scientific method and the legal system are two entirely different things. ET enthusiasts tend to forget that.

Actually it is deniers like you who forget UFOs and alien abduction happen in the real world, not in a science lab.

In fact, science has failed you terribly on the subject. They have failed us all by abdicating their responsibility to investigate.

That's why the responsibility to investigate falls to civilian groups like NICAP.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Actually it is deniers like you who forget UFOs and alien abduction happen in the real world, not in a science lab.
Actually, I don't forget that. That's why I said:

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Great 'alien' vid: www.youtube.com...

I believe from a member here

edit on 20-5-2015 by MarsIsRed because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join