It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Someone wanna help me identify what I saw? Cypress/Houston, TX

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Before I begin I want to say that I am a skeptic, I know drones exist, I know that toys are also getting very sophisticated, but whatever I saw tonight was very cool. All I have is my story, and a picture I took as a reference point for you guys.

Tonight around 10pm I went outside to my patio to move some things around and I saw what appeared to be either a plane coming my direction or what I thought might've been a star. It hung by the moon like a star would, but it was bright cyan/aqua'ish, it's main glow held steady, but above it was a small pulsing light, it pulsed around every 2 or 3 seconds. Seeing the small light pulsing, I immediately thought "oh it's a plane, when did they start having bright cyan lights?"

The object stayed relatively in the same place for around 3 minutes, at which point I called my wife out because it wasn't really moving, and she said, "that's no plane." We called a guest we have staying at my apartment and she agreed it wasn't a plane.

A bit after that the light turned a very bright red (no small light pulsing anymore) an began to move rather quickly to the left then stopped. It stayed/hovered there for a bit (20 seconds or so), then turned cyan again and moved in the opposite direction. It stopped and held it's position for about a minute, I told my wife I'd get my shoes because I wanted to run to the edge of the apartments to see where it would go.

I got my shoes on and ran towards the edge of the apartments, briefly seeing it over the rooftops but by the time I got to the clear to see around the 3 story apartments the thing was gone.

I wanted to see if it would've maybe gone down and landed (drone/toy) or if it would've sped off (not toy).

I want to note a couple of things:
**It wasn't inside my apartments
**it didn't make a bit of noise
**check out the picture and I gotta tell you, it was pretty damn high up in the air to be radio controlled (my opinion don't know R/C very well)
**the light was very bright, brighter than the stars, brighter than the planes passing
**--edit -- my wife didn't take video, she never hit the record button (women!
) .

Here's a picture of my view from my patio (1st floor), I took this picture about 15-25 mins after it was gone...

edit on 4-5-2015 by SpaceCowboy78 because: *edit reason in the post*

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: SpaceCowboy78

A whirlybird?

Helicopter lights generally have three shades, one red, one blue, one a weird green, and then maybe a spot light or one bright white light. Sometimes no blue at all, but usually a green one.
Not saying you didn't see an actual UFO, but that's my guess.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Here's a picture of my view from my patio (1st floor), I took this picture about 15-25 mins after it was gone...

I'm trying to decide whether this falls under the pics or it didn't happen rule ?

(Jk)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Can we see a pic from that same angle during the day, by any chance?

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

A whirlybird?

Helicopter lights generally have three shades, one red, one blue, one a weird green, and then maybe a spot light or one bright white light. Sometimes no blue at all, but usually a green one.
Not saying you didn't see an actual UFO, but that's my guess.

Yeah I'm not saying I saw a "real" UFO either, but it wasn't a helicopter either because the entire object glowed very bright and it's movement quick and very strange. The best way I can describe the movement was like if you were to use a laser pointer on a wall and attempt to move from one point to another.

Something else, when it moved from one place to another, it wouldn't bob around either. It would speed, then come to a pretty hard stop, very strange.

I don't consider myself special enough to see a "real" UFO, so I'm looking for someone to show me an all-glowing, silent, high altitude drone.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Sure, I'll have to take it tomorrow, in the morning.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Cool, marked, checking back tomorrow

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   
It sounds like a quadrocopter. Someone who's good at flying them can make them hover in place fairly easily, many of the smaller ones are so silent you can't hear them until they're just a few feet away, and red/cyan are actually pretty common colors for the lights indicating direction.

My guess? Someone was taking pictures with it.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   

www.digitaltrends.com...

I think it was a drone searching or spying on someone. Look up pictures of police drones at night, the lighting color is as you describe. They have this color and red of course there are many variations.
watchongadget.net...

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpaceCowboy78

originally posted by: intrptr

Sure, I'll have to take it tomorrow, in the morning.

Checking back to see the daytime pic. Are we sleeping in?

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Sorry, at work. Here's the morning picture.

edit on 5-5-2015 by SpaceCowboy78 because: picture

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

Is that picture from below? Because I didn't see it from below. Does it have the ability to change colors and shine brighter than passing planes?

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Well Maurice, I can't help you identify what you saw. Up here in North Texas there was nothing by the Moon except a halo. The last 2 nights Luna has been noticeably brighter than average, so bright it hurt my eyes to look at it shortly after Sunset. Venus is very bright right now too, but opposite the moon, or at least way ahead of it and pretty much out of sight by 10 or a bit after.

I have seen many strange things in our skies personally, and like to hear of other local experiences, so thank you for sharing!

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpaceCowboy78
a reply to: Char-Lee

Is that picture from below? Because I didn't see it from below. Does it have the ability to change colors and shine brighter than passing planes?

Yes they have drones that can do all of that, in fact many show the red light and color change and they are bright because they are close to the ground compared to planes...that does not mean it was not something else you saw, but I would have to see an ET emerge now days before I thought it was any but one of the numerous things we not have in the sky.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Sorry about the earlier post with the messed up link, I was at work and tried to do everything from my phone and failed (obviously).

Here is the day-time picture, please note how high up the object was. it was at the very least 1-2 miles away from my perspective.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   
The interesting thing about drones becoming more prevalent is that more and more they're going to be mistaken for UFO's. Not to mention faking a sighting will become even easier being able to customize drones to any shape you could think of

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: GlassToTheArson
The interesting thing about drones becoming more prevalent is that more and more they're going to be mistaken for UFO's. Not to mention faking a sighting will become even easier being able to customize drones to any shape you could think of

This is already happening.

top topics

join