It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Carly Fiorina Announces Bid for 2016

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
For those who want an alternative to Hillary Clinton, Carly Fiorina has announced her bid.

Fiorina with Katie Couric

Fiorina made a name for herself in the tech industry, climbing the ranks at AT&T and becoming the CEO at Hewlett-Packard — and the first female head of a Fortune 20 company — in 1999 before being forced to retire in 2005. But she was not recognized in the political world until 2008, when she joined John McCain’s presidential campaign as an economic advisor (her $21.4 million Hewlett-Packard severance seen something of a liability for McCain and running mate Sarah Palin, who vowed to “stop multimillion dollar payouts” for corporate executives).

She's on the GOP ticket.
edit on 5/4/2015 by WarminIndy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy

how does a conservative is an alternative to a liberal, its because they are women? people would just vote for Hilary because its a women and any other women would do?

Feminist would tear you apart for saying that

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent

how does a conservative is an alternative to a liberal, its because they are women? people would just vote for Hilary because its a women and any other women would do?

I'm a woman.

I'm just saying, there are people would indeed vote for her because she is a woman.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Unfortunately, yes, there are people who will vote for Hillary because she is a woman.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I suppose finding a truthful candidate that is not power hungry and is concerned about the long term future stability of our economy is not possible. So they find people who can feed us crap so we can appear to be growing well but are not strong.

Number one requirement of the president is to be able to make people believe that the country is doing well. Why do we choose people who twist reality into decorative bows to make the lies that they are presenting look good.

Oh that is right, I keep forgetting. We do not choose the candidates, we just get to choose from a selection of people that the congressmen give us to choose from.
edit on 4-5-2015 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Gully

Sarah Palin is a woman, why you drop the ball there, not woman enough? that was a chance to elect a woman, any do right?...

NVM i though she was also a GOP candidate in 2012
edit on 4-5-2015 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Well this feminist says no to both women.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Sara Palin is a woman, why you drop the ball there, not woman enough? that was a chance to elect a woman, any do right?...

Well, running with the whack job McCain and against Obama may have played a little part in Palin not becoming VP.

I don't know what the percentage is, but I'm willing to be that there are people set on voting for Hillary just because "it's time for a woman president."

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

I wonder if the (Koch Brothers) have donated to her campaign...and she is in their back pocket.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: caladonea

They want Scott Walker.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I am all for someone that has been in the business world being President. It beats Hilary's experience in organized crime.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Carly Fiorina? Seriously? The person responsible for the infamously crazy Demon Eyes advert?

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

But its true. plenty of women will vote for her simply due to her gender (many men also).
I am indifferent about a woman in charge..all about policys. conservatives don't frighten me in regards to moderates. the extremes of either side do. I don't know her stances on things, so she will have to market herself for me to take a look at.

I think it would be good though if two women were fighting it out..then we can remove the insinuation that voting one over the other is due to sexism/patriarchy/matriarchy nonsense...lets discuss ideology and plans for a better tomorrow (and what better means to begin with)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg
Carly Fiorina? Seriously? The person responsible for the infamously crazy Demon Eyes advert?

Hmmm Demon eyes? Okay.. she has my vote now! LOL

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

lol..ok, so perhaps not the greatest woman to challenge Hillary. not good when you are ultimately satire to begin with.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Say what you will but people will vote for either woman because they are women! People voted for Obama because he was black! People voted for McCain when running against Obama because he wasn't black! Unfortunately their sex and skin color play a MAJOR factor in how people vote! Nobody wants to spend the time to get to know the person or their policies, they want him or her or the white or black guy...It's truly pathetic but a 100% undeniable fact!

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Sarah Palin is a woman, why you drop the ball there, not woman enough? that was a chance to elect a woman, any do right?...

NVM i though she was also a GOP candidate in 2012

Would you vote against her just because she is a woman?

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: WarminIndy
For those who want an alternative to Hillary Clinton, Carly Fiorina has announced her bid.

Fiorina with Katie Couric

Fiorina made a name for herself in the tech industry, climbing the ranks at AT&T and becoming the CEO at Hewlett-Packard — and the first female head of a Fortune 20 company — in 1999 before being forced to retire in 2005. But she was not recognized in the political world until 2008, when she joined John McCain’s presidential campaign as an economic advisor (her $21.4 million Hewlett-Packard severance seen something of a liability for McCain and running mate Sarah Palin, who vowed to “stop multimillion dollar payouts” for corporate executives).

She's on the GOP ticket.

I forgot to mention
I am a member of the Justice Party and I forgot Roseanne was running also.

Three women now running.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: caladonea

I wonder if the (Koch Brothers) have donated to her campaign...and she is in their back pocket.

A question. Won't the Koch Bros. support only one candidate? I ask because I've been hearing that to get their money, the candidates have to "interview" with the Koch Bros. to get their support.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

originally posted by: caladonea

A question. Won't the Koch Bros. support only one candidate? I ask because I've been hearing that to get their money, the candidates have to "interview" with the Koch Bros. to get their support.

I wonder, as they are always raising money, but the Koch Brothers might donate to someone, are they using the money while campaigning for the purpose of campaigning it makes me question what is happening to all of the money.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join