It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Black Lives Matter Distraction Ploy

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
a reply to: HighFive

Look at some these posts, they completely avoid the topic of police misconduct, falsifying police reports,

Oh. That would be me. I'm off topic, and I shall take my leave. Just one more thing though -- there is a massive white elephant on the dining table, and at some point someone is going to have to acknowledge it, without fear of being called a racist. Sometimes a white elephant is just a white elephant.

I think the elephant in the room is: cities everywhere have budgets that rely on ticket quotas, and keeping people on probation or in jail. (Policing for profit) The poorest communities bear this burden, whether the population is black, white, or Hispanic.

But let's hear what you think the elephant in the room is...
Black people are dangerous and deserve to be feared?

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: HighFive

If you don't want that to be the center of the discussion, don't encourage it. Just some unsolicited advice.

I think the elephant in the room is: cities everywhere have budgets that rely on ticket quotas, and keeping people on probation or in jail. (Policing for profit) The poorest communities bear this burden, whether the population is black, white, or Hispanic.

Great point. Do you think the federal government should do something? Or should people across the nation stand up to police and put our lives at stake to change the system? Or do you have other options or ideas fro dealing with the corruption?

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Whatever theme works to generate societal energy toward a required outcome is the theme that is needed when that required outcome is desperately needed by that society. "Black Lives Matter" is being an effective rallying theme at the moment, so why would it not be the theme to use at the moment?

Personally, I like that it pisses off the "law and order" broken-window arrests crowd as much as it does. I hope it makes their stomachs swim. The fact that 1/2 of the Baltimore Six are black should make it clear that this is about police criminality, but who knows what the average low-information American thinks or perceives.

Whatever it takes to prevent this small minority of criminal cops from igniting a civil war should be embraced and amplified. I don't want to lose my home and country as a result of a sprinkling of cowards and their inability to manage how much their jobs terrify them. If these babies are so afraid of the people they've been hired to protect and serve, then we need to get them out of those jobs and into safer, more secure lines of work. If "black lives matter" will get that done, then I don't care what the underlying issue is.
edit on 5/2/2015 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Meh, it's not what I said, but help yourself to the twisted version you've presented here as what I said; I've been on ATS far too long to be drawn into a strawman argument, so check yourself. However if you continue to misrepresent what I said to suit your own agenda or try to draw me out as a racist somehow, forget you. Go to my profile page and read some of my posts. You won't find anything there to support any of your fictitious accusations. Why? Because your allegations are fictitious. Not factitious. Fictitious.

I don't want to see anyone innocent be targeted unjustly by police, and I would fight for them tooth and nail. I don't want to see police unjustly targeted by citizens who have been made to feel terrified everytime they see a cop.

By the way. You have about as much of a chance getting me to argue that I'm not a racist, as you do in engaging me in a debate as to whether the Earth is flat. Both suppositions are too ludicrous for me to waste my time.

You have a nice afternoon.

edit on 5/2/2015 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
"Standing up to the police and putting our lives at stake" will only get you a beatdown or worse.
I support our elected officials making changes to policy.
State or federal governments should investigate police misconduct cases. Like I've said, cities have a financial stake in making sure misconduct gets swept under the rug.

Body cameras for officers,
Drug war and sentencing reforms
Charges for officers that abuse their power
Charges for officers who stand by as officers abuse their power or falsify police reports
Police training reform
Demilitarization of police

edit on 2-5-2015 by HighFive because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-5-2015 by HighFive because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
What a difficult topic to tackle. Yet, we must do so.

It's very easy to be black or white on this issue and say that "all cops are bad" or "all blacks are thugs", but we all know that it not the case. There are good cops and bad cops. There are good black people and there are bad black people. You can say the same about any group of individuals in this country.

The real problem comes from our American culture of fear and security. Over a century ago we began falling prey to the propaganda trying to tell us that we are in danger from one threat or another and we have to give up a little bit of our freedom to be safe.

This applies on not only a national level, but in the small towns as well. We have given up our rights and right to due process to make sure that we are safe from the dangers around us, but in the process we have created a monster that now assumes you are the danger and are dealt with accordingly.

We have created the environment in which the police officers no longer engage in conversation to learn about situations, they act first and sort em out later....only to have their actions upheld by the very system that taught them to fear and assume we are guilty.

It's quite complex, but the black communities, whom were already at a hefty disadvantage, took the biggest blow from this culture of fear and you can see it in the statistics.

Someone said earlier that violence is not the answer. In a perfect world, I would agree. If we were all intelligent, compassionate people without political agendas to push, I would wholeheartedly agree. But the reality is that we have let this go on for far too long and it's quite clear, to me anyway, that expecting the system to fix itself is never going to happen and the people are too focused on their ifunny apps and the Kardashians to actually get up and use their vote to change the system.

So just like our founding fathers, we must rise-up once in a while and use the only other option we have in an attempt to force a real change.

Something needs to change. If you can't see that you're blind.

If you can't see that sometimes a little blood must be shed, you are not only blind, but have no clue how this nations was created and how the US constitution gives us the specific right to rise up and take control.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting

Oh. That would be me. I'm off topic, and I shall take my leave. Just one more thing though -- there is a massive white elephant on the dining table, and at some point someone is going to have to acknowledge it, without fear of being called a racist. Sometimes a white elephant is just a white elephant.

Please clarify what the "white elephant" that needs to be acknowledged is then..

My OP was about :
1.Police training/militarization
2.Policing for profit
3.Falsifying police reports and accountability
My opinion was those things are more prevalent problems than police racism.

You added nothing to that conversation,
Yet you mistakenly accused me of inciting violence against police.

I don't want to put words in your mouth, so explain yourself if you feel misrepresented

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: Daughter2
About half of the officers charged were black - including the cop charged with murder.

It's not about the race of the officer, though. He's a cop. With the cop mindset. The problem is cops using violence against black civilians.

But you're not asking the right question. Do they use violence simply because they are black, or because they were doing something they shouldn't? Do more blacks go to jail simply because they are black or because more blacks are criminals? These are the real questions and the answer is easy to see with unbiased eyes.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: ItCameFromOuterSpace

originally posted by: Daughter2
About half of the officers charged were black - including the cop charged with murder.

It's not about the race of the officer, though. He's a cop. With the cop mindset. The problem is cops using violence against black civilians.

But you're not asking the right question. Do they use violence simply because they are black, or because they were doing something they shouldn't? Do more blacks go to jail simply because they are black or because more blacks are criminals? These are the real questions and the answer is easy to see with unbiased eyes.

I agree with your reasoning,but you're asking the wrong questions too.
Do they use violence because they're black, or because they are poorly trained or work in a dept. that allows violence against non violent offenders.? Doing something you shouldn't is no excuse for a police beatdown.
Do more blacks go to jail because they're black or because their neighborhoods are policed much more than others? We need to see that through unbiased eyes as well..
These police issues aren't isolated to black communities

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   

I agree with the outcomes you've suggested, but how do we get police to wear body cameras, charge their own, be honest on police reports, etc? It's going to take government intervention or else what's happening with the BlackLivesMatter movement. As NorEaster said, they're doing a GREAT job of bringing attention to this issue. And by this issue, I mean police corruption.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Agreed. State or federal government must oversee allegations of police misconduct for all the conflict of interest reasons I've stated earlier.

And body cameras would go a long way towards reducing the total number of reported incidents happening in the first place. IMO

Drug war and sentencing reforms along with body cameras to prevent huge settlement payouts to victims would save cities a lot of money by the way!

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ItCameFromOuterSpace
But you're not asking the right question. Do they use violence simply because they are black, or because they were doing something they shouldn't?

You tell me, was Travon Martin doing something he shouldn't? Was Eric Garner? Was John Crawford? Was Tamir Rice? Was Tony Robinson? Was Walter Scott? Give me a break! These men are targeted. That's why they're being shot and that's why there are more of them in prison.

Is there more crime in poor, inner city and urban areas? Yes. Regardless of race. But there is a race issue here and I won't ignore it.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   

I would think the push towards a global scientific dictatorship is the key factor of police militarization.

As for the Black populations being targeted more than other races (whether by design or natural progression) is the failure to assimilate with the rest of society. The solution lies in integration and assimilation, the majority of Blacks live segregated from the rest of the races.

Racism(technically Breedism, unless you hate dolphins) is a major factor, but until a cure for stupidity is discovered, it will always exist. No puns intended, I've come across racists Black and White, they share a common trait - low IQ.

As for solutions, there are none. The status quo prefer the plebs to fight each other, and if worse comes to worse and the plebs unite, they own a monopoly on violence.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Personally, I'm really skeptical as to whether any of this has anything at all to do with what people think it's about.

I honestly think they use these "events" (whatever you want to call them) basically as advertising to get people to pay attention and then they take that opportunity for whatever propaganda and conditioning they have prepared. After all, it's really hard to brainwash 10s of millions of people if they aren't all listening at the same time.

How do these things get started anyway? It ALL starts with the MSM.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 11:54 PM
link   
We all have a dog in the fight. Life goes on.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: GodEmperor
The solution lies in integration and assimilation, the majority of Blacks live segregated from the rest of the races.

What are we, the Borg? Why don't WE assimilate? Why should anyone assimilate? We can be different and live with each other. Most of us are just too damn stupid to figure out how to accept those who are different from us.

Assimilation means losing or denying who you are in favor of being like someone else. How anyone could support that, I don't understand. If anyone ever suggested that I assimilate, I would be deeply offended and use a few choice words.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

The problem between law enforcement will continue to get worse as long as we keep making combat veterans cops. Don't get me wrong, I love our vets. I just don't think they can be "untrained", if you will.
Combat vets should never have to work again in my opinion.
I've heard it said that in combat, you don't fight for your commander your country or even your family back home. You fight for the guy next to you. Whether that sentiment is right, wrong or indifferent for combat, does not belong on the streets of the USA.
This trend only exacerbates the existing problem of cops failing to police cops. Until they do it's only going to get worse. Protect your buddy at all costs IS THE PROBLEM.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: VinMan
Combat vets should never have to work again in my opinion.

Free livable wage for the rest of their lives?
I think that would be rather expensive for the US taxpayer.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Someone who really understands. Europeans came and stole our land and demand we assimilate with them. I hear people still making that demand to us. That's why I laugh so hard at the irony of people getting all pissed off about having to press one for english these days

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: GodEmperor
The solution lies in integration and assimilation, the majority of Blacks live segregated from the rest of the races.

What are we, the Borg? Why don't WE assimilate? Why should anyone assimilate? We can be different and live with each other. Most of us are just too damn stupid to figure out how to accept those who are different from us.

Assimilation means losing or denying who you are in favor of being like someone else. How anyone could support that, I don't understand. If anyone ever suggested that I assimilate, I would be deeply offended and use a few choice words.

Well, go right ahead. Be the first. Move into inner city Baltimore where the riots just took place and go ahead and "figure out how to accept those who are different". There is a reason why businesses are boarded up, barred like jails, and school teachers opt to pass up the wonderful opportunity to be spit on, cursed, threatened, and disrespected. Go ahead. Deny who YOU are. I for one will opt out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join