It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

But I'm just a crazy conspiracy theorist

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Don't worry.
Everything is under control.

Just saw the words come out of your avatar. Well if that's what the cute orange monkey says, I will believe it. No more crazy or cuter than anyone else saying it.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: ItVibrates

Not sure you need to care about Facebook or what others think, just leave the sheep alone. :-)

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: FaceMyBook
Let them be, we will have the last laugh.

If there are any humans left by then.

Hear hear !!!

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Don't worry about them OP

Their actions are their karma

Your actions are your karma

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: ItVibrates
a reply to: FaceMyBook
Let them be well the fk away from me.

I "had the last laugh" with some of them regarding 911, fifteen years later and they should at least entertain the notion that their government does not value their life. And that I might actually be better informed than they...

If you believe this then you really are in a closed feed loop of confirmation bias. The truther conspiracy is just as ludicrous as anything David Icke says.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: undo

but what if he's right about reptilians? would be an irony of not comical proportions if he was actually correct.

I think it WOULD be of "comical proportions". Would it be life imitating art? Or art imitating life?

"They Live. We Sleep."

I think I would be ROFLMFAO.

edit on 5/1/2015 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: undo

originally posted by: Greathouse

It's not necessarily your fault because there are many valid conspiracy theories. It's just that People tend to look at ones like reptiles impersonated all world leaders and judge us from that. It would go a long way to having our voices heard if we united and denounced some of the goofier theories.

but what if he's right about reptilians? would be an irony of not comical proportions if he was actually correct. furthermore, other species of sentients we haven't knowingly interacted with, are not automatically evil. some might be, but the idea they would all automatically be evil is a form of racism. regardless, sometimes the craziest theories are correct, sometimes they're not (usually they're not) but that doesn't mean you should assume they are all incorrect. sure you'll be right more often than not, but it isn't very scientific to automatically assume you're right about something you don't have the wherewithal to prove isn't true.

That would be utterly amazing in that it would be the first time a human has EVER correctly guessed the way the world works without any evidence to support his claims.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: undo

originally posted by: Greathouse

It's not necessarily your fault because there are many valid conspiracy theories. It's just that People tend to look at ones like reptiles impersonated all world leaders and judge us from that. It would go a long way to having our voices heard if we united and denounced some of the goofier theories.

but what if he's right about reptilians? would be an irony of not comical proportions if he was actually correct. furthermore, other species of sentients we haven't knowingly interacted with, are not automatically evil. some might be, but the idea they would all automatically be evil is a form of racism. regardless, sometimes the craziest theories are correct, sometimes they're not (usually they're not) but that doesn't mean you should assume they are all incorrect. sure you'll be right more often than not, but it isn't very scientific to automatically assume you're right about something you don't have the wherewithal to prove isn't true.

That would be utterly amazing in that it would be the first time a human has EVER correctly guessed the way the world works without any evidence to support his claims.

Do you have evidence to support that statement?

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

is it racism or species-ism? reptiles were the top of the food chain for a long time.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Erm... What?

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I have a very simple acid test concerning older americans; was a sitting president killed by his own govt or not? if they say JFK was killed by a lone gunman, they're not worth talking too.

Some things in life are hard, for everything else there's MasterCard.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Just let them all be. Im reminded of the saying (Ill para-rephrase it here)...."For those who don't believe...no amount of evidence will ever be enough...and for those who DO believe...no evidence is necessary!"

Mysterioustranger

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Just let them all be. Im reminded of the saying (Ill para-rephrase it here)...."For those who don't believe...no amount of evidence will ever be enough...and for those who DO believe...no evidence is necessary!"

Mysterioustranger

I have a problem with that quote... If you are believer without necessary evidence then you just admitted that you have confirmation bias. Evidence should ALWAYS be necessary. All you did was just highlight the two polar opposites on the belief continuum. But you shouldn't be located at either end of that scale; you should be in the middle. You collect evidence first then present the conclusion based on that evidence. That way you can tell the bad conspiracy theories from the good ones.
edit on 1-5-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   
It's because of all the social conditionning from the media. Conspiracy theorists are always seen like wackos in movies, Tv and video games. The masses have been fooled to think that conspiracies are for crazy people and not critical thinkers. The extremist conspiracy theorist is what the general population sees when you tell them that you are just OPEN to the ideas.

Some are sheep, some are fearful that their reality isn't what they believe it is. Some people get into conspiracy theories and can't take it, they deny everything even what is logic because it messes with their, although fragile, rationality. We have been conditionned to exclude the conspiracy theorist from "intelligent" and "serious" conversation.

Many believe that although false flags, child sacrifice, shaddy royals and hidding scientific knowledge is something that was done during history and has been proven, that today, all of this isn't done anymore and that we have socially evolved past that. Well, maybe the masses have been conditionned by movies to believe that this stuff that "only happens in movies" but some see through the lies...

Anyway, I would rather be deemed crazy from wanting to know the truth than be a socially conditionned animal.
edit on 1-5-2015 by theMediator because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
Don't worry.
Everything is under control.

Yes but whos?

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I forgot I wrote this thread and went about my day, I dont think I'll be losing any sleep over this--but I was quite irate this morning--cheers guys!

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Its an old statement not mine. Its a generalization of the point those believe-believe...and those who dont....prob wont no matter what.

I wasnt questioning the believers and evidence that made them so. Thats on the individual.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Well as I pointed out that expression is flawed and ignorant of critical thinkers who are willing to change opinions when evidence is presented for or against the information. Maybe you should stop using it.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Erm... What?

if people were racist / speciest?? against other sentient lifeforms, such as extra-terrestrials or even pre-human terrestrials, would that be racism or species-ism?

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

You just validated the point. Nothing will convince you otherwise (on the phrase). This is exactly what the point was....

You obviously cant be convinced that the phrase-reference has merit... that some folks... no matter what the evidence is...or lack thereof...can be convinced otherwise to change their opinion.

Some folks will always believe all the crop circles in the world were made by those 2 old guys with 2 X 4's...no matter the evidence presented to them to the contrary. To them? Their "critical thinking" tells them they are right.

Thanks anyway, but you can keep your bait. Im done here.......

Best MS

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join