It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing explosives from Haliburton, Odessa Texas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   
This apparently was noted last Monday. Saw it on blacklisted news today

ODESSA - Explosives from the Odessa Halliburton yard have been reported missing, according to Odessa Police.

The OPD Bomb Squad Unit was made aware of the undetermined amount of missing explosives earlier today. According to police, the explosives were supposed to be transported from Odessa to the Halliburton location in Reeves County. The explosives are described to be oilfield igniters that are approximately 2 inches in length and half an inch in diameter.

These explosives have no printing on them to indicate if they are hazardous or not.

CBS 7 has provided the public with a diagram of the explosives to the left of this article.

The Odessa Police would like to warn the public if you happen to come into contact with any of these explosives to use caution and report them immediately to police.

link

Seems no one is making much off it and perhaps it doesn't warrant more attention. But in the age we live in, with Jade Helm coming up and threats being made for California, thought maybe someone with more knowledge could make an assessment.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: liveandlearn

We had a brief discussion about them in A JH15 thread. You can read Farley's response here

edit on 28-4-2015 by aboutface because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: aboutface

Thanks. Usually read everything 'Jade Helm' .

Being from Texas was fearing Cali could have been chatter to misguide.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Well I'm still curious as to why someone would want to steal those explosives though. Just musing here, but they could do a lot of damage to a pipeline or perhaps even a water tower, could they not? Could they penetrate steel ships? And since they appear to be specialized explosives, just how many of those things would Halliburton need and have on hand?

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: aboutface

Well I'm still curious as to why someone would want to steal those explosives though. Just musing here, but they could do a lot of damage to a pipeline or perhaps even a water tower, could they not? Could they penetrate steel ships? And since they appear to be specialized explosives, just how many of those things would Halliburton need and have on hand?

what about a bridge?

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: jessme2

Gulp.

I hadn't thought of that.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: aboutface

I have tried to look it up but have gotten nowhere.

This really does concern me. Not sure what oil companies are exploding...dirt, rock? How much does it take? How much is missing?

Till there better answers not sure it should be so easily dimissed.

Nothing in MSM, which doesn't,t mean anything. Who knows?

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Very odd. They are termed "explosives" and also as "igniters". Anyone here know the function of these gadgets?

Bridges? From what I've been told by people attending "readiness" conferences, all the major bridges on the Miss. river could be taken down with a single pick-up truck load of the right explosives. It's a very vulnerable part of the infrastructure. The Delta Commission looked at it from both the natural disaster aspect---New Madrid going quirky, shaky---and from the terror angle. Just one major bridge dropped into the middle of the river would constitute a pretty big disaster.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   
They are just blasting caps..

This will prolly move me up whatever lists im on but here goes

Ammonium nitrate GO BOOM Good! Hard to make go boom tho, a very certain cuncususion is usually the way this is achieved.

In the case of tannerite... It's white ammonium nitrate grains with the black aluminum powder that you mix together very thoroughly. A 55 grain bullet traveling around 2100fps will cause just the right concussion to set off the tannerite but in a normal demolition setting your not gonna be using a 223.... Enter blasting caps.

Blasting caps pop at just the right concussion level to set off the explosive they are tuned for. From what I've read you can get many different blasting caps for different explosive mixes. I'd be interested to see what kinds these were exactly, it might shine more light onto the use the robber has planned for them.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   

They know some are missing, but don't say how much? That's odd, in and of itself. The timing seems suspect as well. I can see such things being there, because there is a lot of oil production in that area (or was, when we were there many years back), but I can't see how they don't know (or won't say) how much is missing, or how such a theft would occur. You'd think they would have security. This feels connected.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Halliburton is much then just an oil company. They work in the mining industry to I think, or maybe it was just "mineral exploration" and not full blown mining. Either way. Boomboom is needed.

Oil shale too. This is rock with oil rapped In it. BOOOOM then like rare earth they collect everything and strip the resource out.

Halliburton could be contracted to build roads in mountainous terrain. This could require explosives to help level grade or build tunnels.

Haliburton could be contracted to build a bunker/tunnel through solid rock... Boom boom very much needed.

Halliburton could be contracted to demolish something (unsure on this one but I'm sure if the price is right)

Basically ... Haliburton is a big company that wears many hats. The go to guy for the government when the lifting gets heavy so to say.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Oh dear.

Someone ran off with M-80's.
Little Firecrackers.
Hope they don't blow their fingers off.

Oh the humanity!

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   
They are not very explosive.

They are more of a incendiary device used for lighting flare stacks.

They are a low power explosive mixed with a metal like magnesium

top topics

join