It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looters Vs Lawful Protesters

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: scattergun

I think it is crystal clear.

Sometimes you need to look behind you when everyone is pushing you to look in the direction of their choice.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac

originally posted by: scattergun

I remember the day when looters were shot on site. I hope I don't see that again. There are solutions. Smarter public representatives, properly trained Police officers and responsible parents who risk everything to keep their children under control like that Mother I watched today.

If my property were being looted, this is exactly how I would handle it.

And then I would be the bad guy, and go to prison...

And I would not have a problem with that. Your things are not more valuable than life.... NOTHING is more valuable than life. And if the people hired to protect and defend our rights -- including our INALIENABLE RIGHT TO LIFE -- understood that, Baltimore would not be in this position right now.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

So just let them in to steal your stuff, beat the crap out of you and rape your wife and daughters.

Sorry - any bastard tries to harm my family and they'll get a dose of lead poisoning. I may end up in prison, but that's a small price to pay to keep my family safe.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: tallcool1

That is exactly what my husband said too, is laws in this nation that protect people from act of violence against their property.

link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

Good post. I appreciate that you recognize the difference between legitimate protesters and opportunists; I would only add paid agitators to the list, furthering an unknown agenda.

My heart and prayers are with the people of Baltimore. I understand their pain, their outrage, their fear, their need to do something... I cannot be more angry at people protesting -- even rioting -- against police brutality than I am at the police and justice system that defends and protects that brutality, up to and including murder.

Thanks. I really think we need new reforms. A total reboot of the current infrastructure. Man what a massive undertaking it would be. But thats what it's got to come too, or these large urban areas are going to be destroyed.

Start with the Police and Law Enforcement. Better training in community policing not strict enforcement. Look at how full our prisons are. Then lets spend some money on the damn schools and get Teachers up to speed with the program.

Lets empower responsible people to do the right things in their communities. Lets stop taking from the poor and start listening to them before they riot.

Our future depends on it. I don't want to see pictures of Nine year olds standing on a cop car and throwing bricks at Police lines.

Help parents, forget Race, be Human and be responsible to others. No more agendas just goals.

Stop electing people who are clueless in civic matters. Thats just the beginning.

link   

And I would not have a problem with that. Your things are not more valuable than life....NOTHING is more valuable than life.

You don't really get to decide:

1. What other people value, and
2. The manner in which the individual chooses to defend his property.

If your friend attempts to rob someone, gets shot and dies, and you start a riot because "blah blah life and value"--then you are part of the problem.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

It's not hard to distinguish at all, if you are standing still, maybe marching and waving a banner and shouting... Protester!
If you are burning peoples hard earned property to the ground but only after stealing anything of value inside... CRIMINAL
why make excuses? this behavoir is for one outcome, to profit the criminal doing it.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Add to this thread - watch Seattle this Friday for more of this dumba$$ed BS. The so called "May Day protests" will start out during the day as a fairly organized and peaceful march of people protesting "the man".. whatever that means to each protester since they have different things they want to protest. This part is just fine and legal and whatever.

It's usually in the evening when the morons show up just to cause damage and loot and throw stuff at the cops and terrify innocent passers by. This has gone on in Seattle for years now. "Protest" for your rights by violating other people's rights...SMH

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: tallcool1

So just let them in to steal your stuff, beat the crap out of you and rape your wife and daughters.

Yes, I would let someone steal my stuff before I killed them in cold blood. Like I said, nothing is more valuable than life. It is also the law. As for beating the crap out of me and raping my wife and daughter... nothing was said about a beating, just looting, so it doesn't apply. I don't have a wife either, I have a husband, so that doesn't apply either. As for someone raping my daughter, yes, I would fight for my daughter, and if that meant killing the perp, I would have to live with it. My daughter's person is much different than things that can be replaced.

Sorry - any bastard tries to harm my family and they'll get a dose of lead poisoning. I may end up in prison, but that's a small price to pay to keep my family safe.

Again, nothing was said about harming one's family in the post I responded to... People are not things.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Actually what you are going to see heading our way is a more militarized police force like we have not seen before, remember when violent acts are committed the government and the states do not make things better but thing will get worst for us citizens.

The militarization of the police force all over the nation has been on going now is heading full gear.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ukslave

Easier say than done specially when you find yourself among a group of unruly people, no sorry you can not tell from outside the group, just looking at it, in the spur of the moment everybody looks dangerous.

edit on 28-4-2015 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Actually what you are going to see heading our way is a more militarized police force like we have not seen before, remember when violent acts are committed the government and the states do not make things better but thing will get worst for us citizens.

The militarization of the police force all over the nation has been on going now is heading full gear.

Please enlighten us as to how complaining on the Internet has helped to stop the militarization of police?

Fighting the government works just fine if you have the greater force.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Add to this thread - watch Seattle this Friday for more of this dumba$$ed BS. The so called "May Day protests" will start out during the day as a fairly organized and peaceful march of people protesting "the man".. whatever that means to each protester since they have different things they want to protest. This part is just fine and legal and whatever.

It's usually in the evening when the morons show up just to cause damage and loot and throw stuff at the cops and terrify innocent passers by. This has gone on in Seattle for years now. "Protest" for your rights by violating other people's rights...SMH

LOL, protesting "The Man" just won't make him go away...Just bring the Morons in as you say. More Agendas. More Cops and more damage for Seattle it seems.

"May Day's" sounds better as a damn picnic or car show. Again these people are not doing it right...lol

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

I see that no one learns from history.

Trust me on this one, when the smoke clears, the rich will have those multimillion dollar condos up in no time.

The sad part is I have family and friends in areas not that far from this BS.

This is not being done by the people that live there. This is being done by people with thinly veiled agendas, because they don't have to try to pull the wool over our eyes anymore.

We either don't give a damn or we pretend ignorance.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   

sweet, can i come now and take all your hard earned stuff?? or maybe just give me you account details and we can cut out the need for a personal visit! if you are happy to be robbed then i'm sorry, you are a mug!

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: LewsTherinThelamon

Complaining is what the internet is good for, because rioting, burning and vandalizing doesn't get things better either, just worst for all of us in the name of safety.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   

I agree with all my heart. I especially like this:

Lets empower responsible people to do the right things in their communities. Lets stop taking from the poor and start listening to them before they riot.

Our future depends on it.

There is much that can and must be done by everyone. There are no true innocents in this horror. I believe the change must start at the top and the bottom simultaneously, growing to the middle from both ends so to speak.

And if there is one thing everyone must understand and respect, it is the inalienable right to life of us all. Not because of the color of our skin or the position of authority we hold. All of that is moot.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

You are conflating property with personal damage, and the two are not the same. Theft is NOT rape. Life DOES have more value than property, and that includes protecting and not harming and not injuring life. In cases where life is going to be harmed, I am all for taking necessary measures, but I personally do not see that any 'thing' is worth harming any life. That is my own personal code.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Militarization of the police has to stop. It's just getting too creepy. Besides we don't need it. We have an Army. Police Officers shouldn't have tanks. Period. I would like to think the police can handle situations far better than parking armored assault vehicles on the street. But thats just me. Inner city people just don't respect them anymore. So start training them better and stop arming them up to stop protests.. The whole "Force will be met with Force" mentality has to be phased out...

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I see that no one learns from history.

Trust me on this one, when the smoke clears, the rich will have those multimillion dollar condos up in no time.

The sad part is I have family and friends in areas not that far from this BS.

This is not being done by the people that live there. This is being done by people with thinly veiled agendas, because they don't have to try to pull the wool over our eyes anymore.

We either don't give a damn or we pretend ignorance.

Exactly. The senior center and cvs that burned down could very well end up being replaced by something that only serves the 'gentrified' class and further shuts out the actual poverty stricken residents. This is by design, too. Long term planning and design.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join