It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cats in the Cradle - Possible Secret Message?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
You know it is a good song when over time it has multiple meanings to people.
I don't think there is any hidden military code, however, it is a great song with many meanings over time.
I still cry sometimes when I listen to it,
and am glad this thread didn't ruin it...lol

I love my boys

*gets all teary eyed *

s&f

edit on 28-4-2015 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: game over man

I, as a father that failed to spend enough time with my son, believe that you are almost entirely wrong with the point of this thread. That sad song is as real as it gets in describing a failed relationship between a distracted father and the natural yearnings of a young son. It need go no further than the very exact words as the song specifically indicates. The lyrics never budge a bit from that sad lament. I can't imagine why anyone would want to basically changed the real story so aptly presented in the song.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: new_here

I've always tried to understand all those phrases crammed into the chorus:

"And the cat's in the cradle and the silver spoon
Little Boy Blue and the man on the Moon..."

Such a garbled grouping of seemingly unrelated things has always given me pause, too.

"And the cat's in the cradle and the silver spoon
Little Boy Blue and the man on the Moon..."

It is man IN the Moon.
If you have had children these things are all completely familiar as a whole and related.
Cats in the cradle is a childrens game you teach your kids.
Everyone buys their kids their first little spoon and if you are wealthy the silver spoon analogy to children is well known. Little Boy Blue is a children's rhyme and story book my kids had and so is the Man in The Moon a well known old nursery rhyme.

Little Boy Blue, come blow your horn. The sheep's in the meadow, the cow's in the corn. Where is the boy that looks after the sheep? "He's under the haycock

So they all do relate to Children raising and all of these nursery rhymes do have alternate meaning in historic sense as did most like the old "The Old Gray Mare" She burnt off her underwear...was about the first woman who was put to death in the electric chair and yet became a children's rhyme.
www.rhymes.org.uk...

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Yeah. This song makes me sad. Must be the subliminal messages working....

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
We each interpret songs and painting etc. in our own way
Obviously your reference to the founding fathers is valid to you
... perhaps it is something you are or have been thinking about

Artists sometimes do create layers of meaning to trigger the mind
Sometimes a meaning can be gleaned where no such meaning was intended
However an artist is merely an instrument and sometimes not aware of the triggers they create

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
My father was (and still is) there for me always. Even after my parents divorced when I was 14, he still took time out of his 2 job day to help me out, take care of me, teach me man stuff, was my soccer coach, etc...

This song reminds me that my father was not the guy in this song and I have to stop being a selfish, distracted bastard and visit him more often.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: tallcool1

Reminds me of this song

Lost my Dad this year ... understand that your Father understands you have your life to live
But also ensure he knows you love him and be there for him when he needs you as I am sure you will do

PS Crying my heart out now

edit on 28-4-2015 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: artistpoet
a reply to: tallcool1

Reminds me of this song

Lost my Dad this year ... understand that your Father understands you have your life to live
But also ensure he knows you love him and be there for him when he needs you as I am sure you will do

PS Crying my heart out now

Now I'm a little weepy. I'm truly sorry for you. I couldn't imagine my life with my father not being there... but he just turned 76 this past Sunday, so I know that he doesn't have very many years left. As a lifelong smoker with COPD/emphysema he's already living on borrowed time, so I will make time to see him more. For crying out loud he's only a 5 minute drive after all.

Geez I feel like a dick for not seeing him more.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I think you might be interested in this article: Cats In The Cradle, by Harry Chapin, was A Hip Hop Prophecy with a very timely message from The Spirit Of Yahweh!

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Oops! Forgot to provide the link! Here it is :-) usa-prophecies.blogspot.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join