It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AARP Commercial & Subliminal Message??

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Somehow I found myself on the weird side of Youtube yesterday and came across this video. It's hard (for me) to tell what the TV announcer is saying and I haven't found a clip of the entire commercial. However, the poster is claiming the TV announcement is an emergency broadcast stating martial law is in effect and to remain calm.

I'm not one that usually buys into these types of CT's but with the whole Jade Help thing planned for this summer, I thought this was quite strange and thought I would post it here.

I don't know how to mess with audio in order to pull something out but I am betting someone here on ATS knows how to do it. It would be interesting to see if this indeed has a "subliminal message" or this is just totally made up by the person who posted it on YT.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Nothing like making the elderly think there is going to be an outbreak of something and to get immunized. It probably is a subliminal message. We hear things that we do not even know we are hearing. I was far from the TV and wasn't even paying attention many times and I knew what was on the news when my wife asked me about things.

I wasn't aware that I was even paying attention.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   
An AARP thread in the 'Gray Area' forum. Fitting.

On topic.... I think they are prepping us.
Oh, I did hear the announcement in the background.
edit on bu302015-04-27T08:53:53-05:0008America/ChicagoMon, 27 Apr 2015 08:53:53 -05008u15 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

They don't need to hide secret messages to each other in TV commercials.
The subliminal message is directed at people to get us used to being afraid enough tooo… buy some insurance?

Nice catch, though. I like this conspiracy better than "terror alert color levels".

Image s
edit on 27-4-2015 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised by anything AARP does, frankly, and I'm a member. They are basically an insurance company trying--repeatedly--to sell supplemental insurance packages to Medicare recipients. I get one solicitation a week, and one also comes to the house for someone who has been dead for 20 years. When their mag comes I just toss it. They have nothing useful to say.

So why am I a member? Discounts. Lots of them. Sometimes I'd get them anyway, just for being a "senior citizen" or by virtue of membership in the NRA. AAA is another one, but you can't beat 10% for nearly any hotel room in the country.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   
It's definitely there. "The government has declared martial law". I haven't worked out the remainder of what is being said.

I extracted the audio from the video and dropped it into an audio program. I'll try and mute the footsteps and talking and bring up the volume of the TV. Work is busy today, so give me some time.

I just wanted to let you know it is DEFINITELY there.

This is weird.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

I was thinking Jade Helm, helm as in Take the Helm, means control instead of helm on head, Green is military so the meaning would be simply (Military Take Control)
Dang you are going to get my husband back on buy up cans of beans!

edit on 27-4-2015 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Just to be sure, you can also hear it in the original posted by AARP. The video is set to "Unlisted"

Also, from the comments in the OP video, it is suggested that the full audio is saying:

" riots nationwide have prompted local governments to declare martial law the president is asking that citizens find safety and remain calm authorities are working their hardest to contain the outbreak" or something close i think?

~OkieDokie

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Experimentation was done long ago with subliminal messaging but it was discarded because it doesn't work.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

Might be nothing, might be something..... Check out the 42 second mark on video.

~OkieDokie

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Lol!

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: raedar

Meh. Read some real research.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: OkieDokie

Might be nothing, might be something..... Check out the 42 second mark on video.

~OkieDokie

Roles Change? Without our noticing.
edit on 27-4-2015 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: OkieDokie

" riots nationwide have prompted local governments to declare martial law the president is asking that citizens find safety and remain calm authorities are working their hardest to contain the outbreak" or something close i think?

You can hear LA too at the beginning.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: raedar

Meh, back up wild claims with sources. Does your source happen to be a study backed by the US Gov?

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Sorry, that should have said the 42 second mark in the OP video. Not saying that I completely support this pointing to Jade Helm, but it is an interesting visual if trying to link the two together.

~OkieDokie

ETA: I found this transcription of the announcement by a poster on the original AARP video towards the very bottom of the comments. I believe it is much closer to what they are saying than the one I posted earlier. I can definitely make out the "Barricade all doors, windows, and any other points of entrance"

"...CITIZENS ARE ALSO URGED TO LOCK AND BARRICADE ALL DOORS, WINDOWS AND ANY OTHER POINT OF ENTRANCE...PROMPTING GLOBAL GOVERNMENT TO DECLARE MARTIAL LAW. PRESIDENT SAYS, 'HE WANTS CITIZENS TO FIND SAFETY AND REMAIN CALM.' AUTHORITIES ARE WORKING ON TRYING TO CONTAIN THE OUTBREAK."

edit on 27-4-2015 by OkieDokie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
Experimentation was done long ago with subliminal messaging but it was discarded because it doesn't work.

Well,,, discarded maybe not so much because it didn't work but more because countries outlawed it's use. Studies demonstrate that messaging aimed below our conscious awareness may not be as worrisome as originally feared back in the 50s. However , studies found that 'quiet' messages aimed above that conscious threshold can be. This AARP message was not subliminal. If the viewer is aware of the message, it can have i'ts effect. If our conscious minds can comprehend a message, even if it is secondary or tertiary to the prime message, that message can still be taken in by our brains.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: OkieDokie

Sorry, that should have said the 42 second mark in the OP video. Not saying that I completely support this pointing to Jade Helm, but it is an interesting visual if trying to link the two together.

~OkieDokie

A helm is the control wheel of a ship - look at the lamp. What color are her dress in the picture, the towels, yarn and knitting needles? jade.
Then you have the generational thing = Blood, and the title of the commercial is - Bath.
Jade Helm
Blood Bath.
Martial Law
It's all there and it is NOT a conspiracy theory.

Eta: as for Jade Helm I would add that Jade was precious in 2 cultures; Mesoamerica and China.
edit on 27-4-2015 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
The commercial seems to be very realistic. That's all.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   
No luck getting much clarity in the audio. I gave it a shot and so did a coworker friend, but neither of us are really trained to isolate voices like that. Work is very busy right now
my partner is on vacation so it's just me ugh.

Great thread, Op! Very weird indeed!!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join