It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wisconsin Democrats Use Nazi-Like Tactics Against Political Enemies

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: works4dhs

You know, now that I see the USA today opinion piece, I really wish I could change the title to Putin-Like, less bombastic and more currently politcally relevant.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: villagesmithie
There are at least two sides to every story especially when it involves politics.

Former Scott Walker aidexceeds top of pay scale with new job

I'm not here to change anyone's mind that is already set. Just pointing out that the article was designed to inflame. Nazi like Democrats, really, there's an honest debt tactic if I ever saw one.

From the article

Archer started the job last week, making $113,025 a year, or 31% more than the $86,278 earned by the woman who had held the job for more than a decade.

I would think any true fiscal conservative would be questioning that. What did she do to earn that if it wasn't political favor?

That's a reason to go Gestapo on a family in the middle of the night? Whatever happened to question and answer or subpoenas, you know, the JUDICIAL SYSTEM????

If that's the case, Hillary is in BIG trouble.....like tonight. Oh, except she's one of them, guess she gets a pass.
edit on 25-4-2015 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: villagesmithie

" facts about Governor Walker are for another time and place" so that's the new reply for having no facts or reference web sites to back up your hate and ridicule for anyone that does not agree with you...another new twist.

Your asking questions about a woman making more then another woman, let me guess, now your dividing woman by party affiliation's, did the gender thing dry up, and yes , I did look up Archer making more then other who did the same thing and in the only article it was whited out, so it is something to look into.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

now your dividing woman by party affiliation'

Where did I suggest that? I was questioning the salary. Gender and party affiliation had nothing to do with it.

From my first post.

I'm not here to change anyone's mind that is already set. Just pointing out that the article was designed to inflame.

Did that and I'm done.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I hope you who decry these early morning raids also decry other early morning raids such as for drugs. I hope you also realize the role police play in these raids.

Also, though, note the source - The National Review, founded by William F. Buckley, Jr. is as partisan as they come. For example, they gloss over this pretty quickly in that article:

In the end, the John Doe proceeding failed in its ultimate aims. It secured convictions for embezzlement (related to the original 2009 complaint), a conviction for sexual misconduct, and a few convictions for minor campaign violations, but Governor Walker was untouched, his reforms were implemented, and he survived his recall election.

I'm pretty sure that the aim for a prosecutor is to secure convictions. Instead, the author seems to paint the police as hapless perpetrators of rogue prosecutors bent on political retribution with the help of an activist judge.

Perhaps it would do to read some other sources on this:
S ecret ruling deals major setback to John Doe probe into recall elections

The five-county investigation remains open, but subpoenas issued in the probe to conservative political groups supporting Gov. Scott Walker were quashed, sources familiar with the development said. The ruling — which is sealed — raises First Amendment concerns about the subpoenas.
The Wall Street Journal's opinion page reported Friday night that it had obtained a copy of Peterson's ruling. The paper said the judge wrote that the quashed subpoenas "do not show probable cause that the moving parties committed any violations of the campaign finance laws."

The paper said the "quashed subpoenas were sent to Friends of Scott Walker, Wisconsin Manufacturers & Commerce Inc., the Wisconsin Club for Growth, and Citizens for a Strong America, as well as their officers and directors." Friends of Scott Walker is the governor's campaign group.

Stephen Moore, a Wall Street Journal editorial writer, was a founder and former president of Club for Growth.

The paper reported that Peterson rejected the prosecution's theory of illegal coordination between the groups and Walker's campaign. Prosecutors did not show that the groups expressly advocated for Walker's election, the story quotes Peterson as ruling.

I especially enjoy the combination of those two bolded statements. This is a second investigation going on; the first found some bad stuff:

The first John Doe investigation, which closed in 2013 after nearly three years, led to criminal convictions of six individuals, including three former Walker aides, an appointee and a major campaign contributor.
In the first John Doe investigation, Walker and his allies deferred to Chisholm and his staff — at least until the first round of charges were filed.

This time, however, the response from the right was swift and aggressive.

So, they're being a bit more proactive this time in combating this 'rogue' prosecutor who actually found wrongdoing before.

Conservatives take bull by the horns in latest John Doe probe:

"These fishing expeditions that have so far produced almost nothing in the way of substantial criminal behavior are getting tough to take," said a veteran Wisconsin Republican.
There's even a sense among some Republican insiders that Schmitz and his team of five Wisconsin district attorneys may be over-matched.

"Remember that they (prosecutors) are taking on not just millionaires but billionaires," said a GOP source.

Six people convicted of wrongdoing is almost nothing, okay - but hey, if you're rich I guess you're immune to criticism.

John Chisholm, special prosecutor get taxpayer-paid defense in Doe case:

The Wisconsin Club for Growth and one of its directors on Feb. 10 sued Chisholm, Schmitz, Landgraf, Robles and Reserve Judge Gregory Peterson, who is overseeing the probe.
In the latest case, Schmitz filed suit Feb. 21 to try to overturn Peterson's order quashing the subpoenas.

So, Peterson was brought in to oversee the John Doe inquiries, and promptly got rid of the subpoenas. For some reason, the conservative club is suing him, too.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Doesn't surprise me in the least.

Democrats, are no longer classical liberals
rather they are neo-liberals
who are really totalitarian.

Even Hillary said in a speech
that religious beliefs must change
to reflect the liberal agenda
www.patheos.com...

The neo-liberal is really totalitarian but won't admit it.
The neo-liberal believes strongly in thought and speech control,
with social ostracizing (or social media hounding)
or actual punishment for violators
of what the neo-liberal considers incorrect thought or speech.

For example: Global warming far left leadership
calling for the jailing or killing of non-believers;
death threats for hypothetical answers to questions
regarding LGBT with the "wrong" answers;
quick to call racism and for punishment for racism,
before all the facts are in.
A strong desire to regulate what the citizenry eats.

The classical liberal believes in social equality and justice,
AND more importantly, freedom of speech
regardless of whose feelings are hurt or how offensive the speech is to others.
If one believes that controlling the thoughts, speech , or actions of others
for their own good, or for the good of society
is necessary then they are not a classical liberal.

Sadly, I have been going back and forth with some on ATS
who see totalitarianism as a desirable government for the US now.

Totalitarian supporters are of course, Democrats
and people who normally identify themselves as liberals and progressives.

Seems Democrats are now spouting the joys of totalitarianism
as well as behaving as if we lived in a totalitarian country

edit on 5Sat, 25 Apr 2015 17:41:44 -0500pm42504pmk256 by grandmakdw because: addition format

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Greven

Sounds a lot like the tired, old claims of persecution that we're always hearing from the right. Whether it's 'Christian' persecution or, in this case, 'Conservative' persecution.

This is why they need the second amendment, the feeling of persecution that they need to protect themselves from.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: villagesmithie
a reply to: jefwane

Then you need to read a little deeper.

Much of what has made this state great has been under attack under the walker administration. We here haven't seen much of him lately because this state is nothing more then a career move for him. He's looking for headlines to further his presidential ambitions.

Much of his tactics as governor and previously as Milwaukee county executive have been underhanded. His supporters portray the efforts against him as extreme but politics in this state have been run so there is little other choice.

As I said the article was designed to inflame. Deny ignorance. Learn the whole story before being lead by your emotions to a knee jerk reaction.

Wowow! A true believer! Thats right! Walker is attacking everything that made the state great.....so turn your heads while the SS storm troopers intervene to correct this problem.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   
The good old nazy name used to dirty someone, go find a survivor or families of people that died at the hands of real nazys, see how far that goes.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
The good old nazy name used to dirty someone, go find a survivor or families of people that died at the hands of real nazys, see how far that goes.

both sides seem to be accusing the other of the same thing. my view on it is, that's a vicious circle. one behaves inappropriately, which causes an inappropriate reaction from the other. it use to be this type of thing was stopped at the legal level but our judges seem to be just as much involved. maybe it should be a requirement that judges can't be affiliated with any political party (well kinda hard to prove that one though).

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Sounds like they are desperate. I love them digging the hole for their own demise. It can't come fast enough. I'm not saying the republicans are any better either. You take out the highest priority threat first. I wish someone charismatic would step up and lead this nation into glory. I hope it's not a crazy dictator but it'll probably be better in the long run if it is.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: links234
a reply to: Greven

Sounds a lot like the tired, old claims of persecution that we're always hearing from the right. Whether it's 'Christian' persecution or, in this case, 'Conservative' persecution.

This is why they need the second amendment, the feeling of persecution that they need to protect themselves from.

Like the 'tired old' death and other threats against Memories Pizza?
www.lifesitenews.com...

"A small-town Indiana pizzeria owned by a Christian family has closed its doors after being terrorized by pro-homosexual bullies opposed to the family’s religious values.
Memories Pizza in Walkerton has received death and firebombing threats and had its website hacked, according to LegalInsurrection.com."

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Reading that is like reading a creationist's "debunking" of evolution and is really a scare piece to only try to mobilize an electorate by instilling the boogeyman is about to get you fear.

You all can't be so naive.

Derek

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Holy crap! I read that whole article and I am DISGUSTED at the actions of those Democrats. DISGUSTED! Those scum need to be stripped of their positions and then immediately thrown in jail. The families raided need compensation as well. I know that the National Review is a partisan media outlet, but I don't agree with police raids like that already, so regardless of why those houses were raided, this crap is WRONG!

Oh yeah, I saw a typo at the end of the article:

David French is an attorney, a writer, and a veteran of the Iraq War. This article first appeared in the May 4, 2015, issue of NR.

Apparently this article was written in the future.
edit on 1-5-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
This is pure BS.
How can anyone believe this?

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   

I can't believe mods haven't told you to change the title of this thread....it's pretty despicable to me. I'm seeing more and more references to Nazis and Hitler being associated with democrats. the irony is that saying it over and over is exactly the propaganda technique taught in Mein Kampf

edit on 2-5-2015 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join